FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney

Guest TonyICT

Guest TonyICT

Adam Rooney...

is he happy here as he aint getting a start....

The fans seem to enjoy him everytime he comes on and scores or atleast does something....

He gets alot of fans singing when he warms up.....

Specially the mamath shout(thats me)... haha

had to have a wee claim to fame

Guest Muir-Jaggie

maybe have rooney up front with someone (wood, morais, foran or odhiambo) (if were lucky barrowman will be out for rest of season). then have imrie playing off the 2 strikers

The header maybe but the other one was straight at him. He did more the short time he was on than odhiambo did. I have no idea how odhiambo gets a game before Rooney, his touch is terrible and I think he is terrible. Rooney is twice the striker he is

The main reason is Eric works a lot harder and closes down defences quickerthan Rooney does. This tactic worked very well against Utd a few weeks ago where he scored and impressed most if not all who saw that game.

But i agree it is time for Rooney to be given a starting slot.

IMHO our best striker.... he's our top scorer which is incredible from a player who rarely starts.

I think he is the type of player that makes things happen and would work well with Imrie up front.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

2 bad mistakes on saturday i think it cost rooney from always getting a starting place. he should have got both in the back of the net.

WHY???

Brewster never played him (played barrowman before him) and Butcher (rathers odhiambo). is there something in training they dont like?? he is our top goalscorer he must be doing something right if he's getting on the score sheet

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

Been mentioned before that he is very raw. He needs to fine tune his game. At the moment he's missing when he should be scoring but we see in flashes what hes capable of. He misses a lot more than he should but at least he gets into goalscoring positions.

like to keep up with whats happening - was able to get to the match this week and i thought Motherwell played well. We have been lucky over the last couple of weeks the team worked really hard but thats not going to get the results. I think Terry is going for the players that can run quick and are tricky on the ball but at the end of the day if you dont put the ball in the net you can't win games. I would like to see Morais playing on the right, with Imrie on the left Foran and Rooney up front as he seems to be the most natural forward we have ( even Robbo agree's wit this) so he may not have the same footwork as Morais or Imrie but how many of them do you need to put the ball into the danger area ! If Rooney gets the service he will score goals. I dont know what the rest of you were looking at on Saturday but I did'nt think Rooney had sitters. He just proved that he will get on the end of bits if he is given the chance and I think Foran and him would be good together.

Roll on Wed

Just watched the highlights - the chances weren't easy.

I still haven't heard a good reason for Rooney's lack of starts. Raw? So are Eric and Dougie. Running? Whenever he's played he's run his socks off.

He is the only one of our strikers who has showed anything resembling composure in front of goal this season.

He is potentially our best striker but there's no doubt that he's a bit away yet from being the finished article.

Are any of our strikers the finished article?

Richie Forans not exacly lacking experience but he seems to be used as a wide player still. But i would agree with Johnboy, we seem to lack any forwards with a good dose of experience.

granted he still has a wee bit too go yet but i have always found myself wondering why he doesn't start a hell of alot more games than he does. Who knows maybe playing up front with someone who has the expierence of this league would certainly help him if not all the strikers