FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alan Shearer - Newcastle United Manager

caleyrule

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Just till end of season :rotflmao: Is there really any point in that...

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

Replacing experience with inexperience...yes, that'll work. What are they on up there? As always with the Toon, it'll end in tears as they grace the Championship new season.

Dellusional idiots.

If they stay up then fair play but i really don't see it happening. I would go as a far too say that they are more screwed up than Hearts.

In my own opinion Alan Shearer just sold his soul today.

Guest 19thNovember2003

How many times does it take for clubs to finally realise that throwing an ex player into his first managers job at the top level very rarely works?

I hope Newcastle get relegated.

Shearer's picked his moment very well, having ruled himself out several times before.

The club are already in the relegation zone, and there are only 8 games left and no opportunities to make transfers. So if they go down he is totally blameless.

If he keeps them up, he's an instant hero and will always be lauded by the fans as a great manager, no matter how badly he does in future. Every time the Toon have a managerial vacancy over the next 30 years (which will be about 30 times) the fans will clamour for his return.

Fantastic fans at Newcastle Utd and a tremendous club set-up. I have to say that this appointment looks like yet another false dawn and although I hope it won't, it will end in tears (and relegation).

Something I just read has made me change my mind on this. Spare a thought for the normal Newcastle fan. I've read there are some out there. Ones that actually doubt that putting an inexperienced manager in charge will help them. We never get to hear what they say though because, they don't turn up in a replica top, to the latest messiah hailing press conference, shouting "Shearer's black and white army". They stay at home, or work (how do all these people manage to turn up through the day anyway?) cringing..............

• 3 months later...

Here's the team they put out:

Krul

Beye Coloccini Taylor Enrique

Duff Nolan Barton Jonas

Smith Martins

So essentially the team that could easily have started most EPL games last season was beasted by a team in the division below them :lol:

Obviously the break hasnt done them any good. The sooner Ashley leaves the better, he is a joke of a man, almost as big a joke as Dennis Wise.

Keep Taylor, Nolan, Guitterez, and get shot of the rest, bring in young geordies, and take 3 years to get back.