FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Tokely

thejailender

I know we're all hurting but it was as clear cut a sending off as your likely to see .

Having spoken to unbiased non ICT or Falkirk fans most of I have spoken to felt it was harsh. Tokely was getting round the other side of his man touched his shoulder, he went down. If thats a drag or pull then the players may as well start playing tag football with no contact allowed whatsoever.

It's also debatable to call it a CLEAR goal-scoring opportunity. Mihajdchuks was in close proximity, the ball was not under control, it was outside the box. Its Steve Lovell (he would have contiunued on and most likely picked up an injury as opposed to scoring)

I think in these circumstances a referee should not just be looking at the letter of the law but deliberating if there was malous or intent from the offending player which in Tokelys case is highly debatable.

If we're talking about blame, where was Lionel Djebi Zadi for the run down the right side for the goal cross? Why did Foran miss? Why did Imrie when cutting inside not try and keep his shot down for once? We will never know. Whats done is done.

In saying all this, He DID get sent off, we DID lose, we ARE relegated. Anything else is irrelevant. Lets look forward to next season. (i'm going to start an optimism thread) Get behind the team and bounce straight back up.

Very good post but rather than try and put it all behind us and attempt to move on, I'm inclined to ask if we have the right management team in place to bring us straight back up again.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are actually asking that question of course we do who else would want?

Under the present management team I can't see us achieving much better than a middle of the table position next season.

It is now apparent the "Butcher Bounce" wasn't quite long lasting enough to save us from the drop.

Under the present management team I can't see us achieving much better than a middle of the table position next season.

It is now apparent the "Butcher Bounce" wasn't quite long lasting enough to save us from the drop.

Has TB ever managed in the 1st division??? Dont think we can say right now if we'll come right back up we need to see what squad of players we have for next season and see what TB and MM have done over our pre-season games

Oh C'mon, We were 5 points behind in January and they so nearly did it. ! point. Just one point. Hell 3 more Hamilton goals would have done it!

To start questioning if we have the right management team is really pointless and short sighted.

Hey lets bring back Robbo!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why are so many convinced hes the man for the job ??

Maybe because Butcher obviously wasn't the man for the job.

If Butcher came in sooner we wouldnt be where we are today !

Maybe Robbo was a hero but that was then this is now & we were 1ST DIVISION during his era!

Terry is quality & Scotlands 2nd in Command does that not say something for the guy !

Maybe Robbo was a hero but that was then this is now & we were 1ST DIVISION during his era!

Terry is quality & Scotlands 2nd in Command does that not say something for the guy !

Butcher had us in a safe position about 3 weeks ago...

Tragically he completely fecked it up by dropping Esson and Mihadjuks, playing Tokely in a position in a position he clearly wasn't comfortable with. He persisted with Djebi-Zadi and Imrie despite their unreliablity....

Scotland haven't benefitted a helluva lot from having him as Number 2 either.

Guest SPECKY

Tragically he completely fecked it up by dropping Esson and Mihadjuks, playing Tokely in a position in a position he clearly wasn't comfortable with. He persisted with Djebi-Zadi and Imrie despite their unreliablity....

It didn't take long for the change of manager bollocks to start!!!!!!!

I'm still convinced things wouldve been different had Brewster been sacked sooner

Scotland team would possibly be better if Butcher were the manager , Burley is crap

Edited by Fanoffooty

utcher is the man for the job and i would strongly oppose a move to bring Robbo back in I think we should all have learnt from taking Back Brewster. Butcher almost saved us even though we were 5 points behind and he only had a couple of Days in the transfer window. He still had shyte like Byrne, Barrowman and Gathuessi signed by Brewster and did not have the time or money to rectify this. I personally cannot wait to see what he can do in the transfer window.

And how are you all so sure that Robbo will bring us back up and Butcher won't?

utcher is the man for the job and i would strongly oppose a move to bring Robbo back in I think we should all have learnt from taking Back Brewster. Butcher almost saved us even though we were 5 points behind and he only had a couple of Days in the transfer window. He still had shyte like Byrne, Barrowman and Gathuessi signed by Brewster and did not have the time or money to rectify this. I personally cannot wait to see what he can do in the transfer window.

And how are you all so sure that Robbo will bring us back up and Butcher won't?

Maybe its because he did it once before .

I'm sorry but this is ******* ridiculous. Butcher did a great job, he got us back in the fight from 5 points adrift and saw us relegated with the highest SPL points tally ever on goal difference.

You have NO idea how he is going to do in the 1st Division. Get a grip and start acting like a group of supporters instead of a*seholes.

I'm sorry but this is ******* ridiculous. Butcher did a great job, he got us back in the fight from 5 points adrift and saw us relegated with the highest SPL points tally ever on goal difference.

You have NO idea how he is going to do in the 1st Division. Get a grip and start acting like a group of supporters instead of a*seholes.

Well said Wyness13 :lol::lol: :025:

My point exactly. Get off his back and let him have his chance to show us what he can really do. Taking Robbo back is not an option and I dislike him for the way he left the club and the parting shots he took at the time.

I have nothing against Terry Butcher at all.

The man did all he could with a very quickly patched together team. Sadly it didn't work but clearly he has shown that he can get some results and get the best out of the likes of Lionel(even if he isn't good always)

This talk of bringing back Robbo talk is border-lining insanity. He is ancient history...like Brewster. Butcher can do good in the 1st division i think. Now is a time were we need to be positive about the team.

Edited by ajsict92

Butcher wasn't the one on the pitch.

...Glad to see that there are some here that haven't turned insane with the post-relegation blues.

Edited by Wyness13