FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Montrose

Scotty

Guest birdog

In the past I have been more guilty than most on this site of refusing to accept other's views on things. I have caused arguments due to my refusal to accept that other people can see situations differently from myself. Most of us, barring visiting supporters are ICT fans and all we want is the best for our club. Some are more positive than others some are full of negativity but we all have a voice, we all have a view of what is going on and if the truth is known the probability is that none of us are 100% correct but all our views are valid.

The way I see yesterday's match is that the team, on the pitch and on the day, were woeful the attitude of some players was disgusting as was the attitude of some fans, myself included. All the in fighting between ourselves, and the team (management and players) is no good at all for ICT as a whole. We have fans throwing accusations at each other, we have players arguing with the manager mid match. We all need to band together, we need to discuss things instead of lecturing each other.

Yesterday I shouted my support for the team when I could, I also shouted through frustration when things on the pitch were going badly. There is a bad feeling in these forums at the moment and I hold my hands up and admit that I have done little to help the situation but come on guys, if you read the manager's comments at the start of the program, if you think about the steps the club have made to bring we, the fans, closer to the team then we have to do our bit to help. We are all individuals, we all have our own ideas. Can we not accept that? put our point across and listen to what others have to say? I have learned the hard way this is no good for CTO or ICT. If things don't change on the pitch then we will spend a long time in the SFL, we can do our bit to help improve that by stopping criticizing each other when our frustrations are aired, by becoming just a little more tolerant and understanding when the shouts of frustration go out, if someone has a go at me for shouting at bad play then it is not going to improve my mood and get me cheering the good play and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else.

Let's get behind the team and hopefully if we can get it together then that will reflect on them and vice versa. Let's get behind each other.

Yes, I have been drinking.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't at the game, was there anything good to take from it, apart from the fact that we won and the board are faced with the harsh reality that more cash is required for a goal scorer, who may well pay for himself due to a good cup run and a return to the SPL and not to have faith in an overpaid striker.

The words loan deal keep appearing in my head.

So you think being taken to penalties by a part-time 3rd division side is acceptable? With a team who most of the players have SPL experience?

I think someone else needs the reality check.

It's a lot more acceptable than having lost....and the way some people are going on you would think we had.

A lot of people seem to be hanging the rest of the season on this one game...I'm not saying it was a fantastic performance, but as in any season we'll have days when things don't go to plan but we still pull off a result and we'll have days where we play outstanding football and take nothing from a match....such is the nature of the game.

We have people claiming "we won't do this and we won't do that" on the back of one match, and a match where we were missing a number of (what could be considered) key players. If we were well into the season and injuries etc had forced us to field that team and we got a result then we'd be delighted and we'd be noising up opposition fans with claims that even our reserves were beating them.....that for me is the reality of the situation.

What chance do we have if, after one game, the fans are already panicking, spreading doom and gloom and talking about relegation? I'm not saying we should be smothering the players/team with false praise, but I don't think we should be slinging up any nooses and herding them to the gallows.

Totally agree Caley D. I have replied to similar threads like this before where some contributors on this site really seem to be from another planet. This was the first competitive game of the season but in reality was still a pre season game. The same goes for Annan next week with the real season starting on 8 August. A 1-1 result against Falkirk would have kept us up last season and if we had got that playing as we did today, some of these so called supporters would still be moaning as it was only a 1-1 draw. Give some of the new guys a chance to settle in before jumping to conclusions about how good they are. If some of the contributors on here want to continue to endlessly moan, then all I can say is find another team to support as I honestly don't know how some can seriously call themselves supporters of ICT. Rant over.

thats what i said and i got ripped into. the new boys did well. i remember ian blacks debut (sorry to use him as the benchmark for free transfers again) didn't exactly set the heather on fire.

caleyd, i will not let your signature fool me again.

In the past I have been more guilty than most on this site of refusing to accept other's views on things. I have caused arguments due to my refusal to accept that other people can see situations differently from myself. Most of us, barring visiting supporters are ICT fans and all we want is the best for our club. Some are more positive than others some are full of negativity but we all have a voice, we all have a view of what is going on and if the truth is known the probability is that none of us are 100% correct but all our views are valid.

The way I see yesterday's match is that the team, on the pitch and on the day, were woeful the attitude of some players was disgusting as was the attitude of some fans, myself included. All the in fighting between ourselves, and the team (management and players) is no good at all for ICT as a whole. We have fans throwing accusations at each other, we have players arguing with the manager mid match. We all need to band together, we need to discuss things instead of lecturing each other.

Yesterday I shouted my support for the team when I could, I also shouted through frustration when things on the pitch were going badly. There is a bad feeling in these forums at the moment and I hold my hands up and admit that I have done little to help the situation but come on guys, if you read the manager's comments at the start of the program, if you think about the steps the club have made to bring we, the fans, closer to the team then we have to do our bit to help. We are all individuals, we all have our own ideas. Can we not accept that? put our point across and listen to what others have to say? I have learned the hard way this is no good for CTO or ICT. If things don't change on the pitch then we will spend a long time in the SFL, we can do our bit to help improve that by stopping criticizing each other when our frustrations are aired, by becoming just a little more tolerant and understanding when the shouts of frustration go out, if someone has a go at me for shouting at bad play then it is not going to improve my mood and get me cheering the good play and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else.

Let's get behind the team and hopefully if we can get it together then that will reflect on them and vice versa. Let's get behind each other.

Yes, I have been drinking.

Well said. Even if it is the drink :lol:

It was good to see the ref book the Montrose player for diving in our box.

you are having a laugh if you genuinely thought that was a dive, young nicoll was past the defender with ball at feet when he went down. most caley fans I spoke to thought it was a pen too!

Also like how foran dives and feigns injury to avoid the yellow card.

I seemed to be in the minority when I thought that Foran went down too easily for the first penalty claim. Not sure about his second claim either to be honest. Of the three claims Montrose easily had the best one. If the referee thought he dived, as he did because he booked him, then I'm not sure why Foran wasn't booked either unless he thought it was an innocent / accidental coming together.

Edited by RiG

I wasn't at the game, was there anything good to take from it, apart from the fact that we won and the board are faced with the harsh reality that more cash is required for a goal scorer, who may well pay for himself due to a good cup run and a return to the SPL and not to have faith in an overpaid striker.

The words loan deal keep appearing in my head.

The new boy Cox seems like a good replacement for Ian Black - he was the only player I saw who chased the ball and looked like he wanted to win the game - and that was with his arm in plaster. I also can't understand why Butcher persists with playing Tokely at centre half.

I seemed to be in the minority when I thought that Foran went down too easily for the first penalty claim. Not sure about his second claim either to be honest. Of the three claims Montrose easily had the best one. If the referee thought he dived, as he did because he booked him, then I'm not sure why Foran wasn't booked either unless he thought it was an innocent / accidental coming together.

I agree with you there. I never thought Forans second penalty claim was a pen and the first one was debatable but I thought if Montrose had been given their pen we would have had no complaints

There was a comment on here yesterday made but tokelyisvictorious (or something similar) saying that the older fans were getting on at the manager. A guy who was sitting 2 rows in front of me at the game started shouting Bring back Brewster near the end of the 90 mins. I felt like giving he a smack in the mouth. It may not have been the best performance in the world (actually it was one of the worst I have seen) but we are through and we can see where we have to improve

We weren't good enough?

Forgive me if I was watching the wrong game, but did we not win? As far as I am concerned that's good enough, and if you can play poorly and win then it surely it only serves to suggest that we'll win more convincingly when we start playing better?

Some people are in dire need of a reality check or it's going to be a long depressing season for them...regardless of results!!!

well yes we won the game but only because we were playing a part time team, we weren't good enough and we must improve if we want to do well this season nevermind win the league. starting of slack and argueing amongst team mates and management and scraping past on pens was not good enough. reality check...so anyone you disagree with is in need of a reality check...who do you think you are?