FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline V ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

IMG_1497.JPG

brilliant game, superb support, sublime finish, says it all really

oh theres me standing up, just, far right above the women in pink :finger03:

Where you with the blond bird? :D

Certainly was mate. No caley fan mates, being from Fife. She gives me and the team the support we need :D

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see a picture of the blonde.........

Anyone else rather see Sutherland starting ahead of Rooney. Bit like Gary Wood, he has some neat turns up his sleeve and is big enough to be a pest in the air. I also thought that the introduction of Johhny Hayes made a difference, he is more direct that Eagle and should be an asset when fully fit. We can't complain really, three points, an away win against one of the better teams in the division and no goals conceded. Great singing from the ICT crowd, the Pars boys never started until near half time.

I did like the look of David Graham the Dunfermline left winger, he seems to be able to drift past players with ease, like a younger Barry Wilson. All in all, we maybe rode our luck a little, but we had other chances, maybe a draw would have been justice for the Pars, but hey ho, we are off and running so far.

Anyone else rather see Sutherland starting ahead of Rooney. Bit like Gary Wood, he has some neat turns up his sleeve and is big enough to be a pest in the air. I also thought that the introduction of Johhny Hayes made a difference, he is more direct that Eagle and should be an asset when fully fit. We can't complain really, three points, an away win against one of the better teams in the division and no goals conceded. Great singing from the ICT crowd, the Pars boys never started until near half time.

I did like the look of David Graham the Dunfermline left winger, he seems to be able to drift past players with ease, like a younger Barry Wilson. All in all, we maybe rode our luck a little, but we had other chances, maybe a draw would have been justice for the Pars, but hey ho, we are off and running so far.

Not seen enough of Sutherland but I was impressed... he didn't look out of place in the first team but I'd still start Rooney until Foran gets back. It was a bad performance infront of goal but on another day he could have bagged a hattrick, he did a lot of thing right and as you mentioned previously he was working as a lone striker which is a thankless task. It would be harsh to judge the guy as a bad player because he didn't score yesterday, he never stopped running and gave their centre halves a lot of trouble

I would be asking if Sutherland should be replacing Sanchez??

I'l continue my post from last night, i thought Stratford and Cox were brilliant. They controlled the game with short passing and didn't let the dunfermline midfielders have any room, Mcbain had a huge impact. He ran at the defenders and won the corner from which we scored, the other winger, the fat one, was superb aswell. Eagle lacked the confidence to run at defenders and often turned round.

Not seen enough of Sutherland but I was impressed... he didn't look out of place in the first team but I'd still start Rooney until Foran gets back. It was a bad performance infront of goal but on another day he could have bagged a hattrick, he did a lot of thing right and as you mentioned previously he was working as a lone striker which is a thankless task. It would be harsh to judge the guy as a bad player because he didn't score yesterday, he never stopped running and gave their centre halves a lot of trouble

I would be asking if Sutherland should be replacing Sanchez??

I thought Sanchez did pretty well. Much better than Rooney. Sanchez was really starting to come into the game just as he was subbed, I think most of the crowd including me were expecting Rooney to come off and we got a bit of a shock when it was Sanchez

Sutherland does look good and I hope to see him getting a few games this year

Great day, good game, perfect result.

The performance was patchy. I thought we were very good in the first half, playing some decent football on the ground and creating some good opportunities. We definitely looked like a better footballing team than Dunfermline. We lost that foothold in the second half and defended deep as Dunfermline got more direct. I thought that we looked at bit flimsy in the centre of the park in the second half yesterday and i'd like to see Duncan in for Stratford. While Eagle and Imrie weren't as involved as they could've been, i think that they showed enough to suggest that we will create chances from wide areas this season. Sanchez clearly wasn't sharp enough but he had a few nice touches. We defended reasonably well, although i felt we could've cleared our lines quicker at times. I felt sorry for Rooney. His confidence must be completely shot now.

The support was fantastic - let's do that all over again at Dens in a fortnight. With regard to the now infamous 'Allison Incident', i think a few folk on here are being a bit harsh with the boys who were shouting the abuse. It's easy just to write them off as eedjits, morons etc. but if the allegations about Kyle Allison are true then he shouldn't be playing for this club.

I felt sorry for Rooney. His confidence must be completely shot now.

Agreed. He actually did OK in general play I thought but the three easy chances he missed were criminal. Not getting his effort on target in the first half was amazing. I'd love to have seen us with Foran up against their defence, I think he'd have ripped them a new one.

Just like to thank everyone for the hospitality on Saturday. I had a fantastic time at the match. I even made the picture too ;)

From the two games I saw I was very happy with the quality of play I saw. I'd rank it ahead of what I usually have to watch on a week in week out basis in the MLS.

If any of you venture over to Toronto during the season let me know (or Scotty as well) and I'm sure we can scrounge up some tickets for you.

Finally saw the highlights of the game to which Coxs' last gasp winner is just suberb

Bit amused by Jim Mcintyre post-match comments in which he said the length of the grass didn't suit Dunfermline style of play and on the basis of it Dunfermline were robbed

Shut up Jim

Your from Dunfermline, you should know what it's like to get robbed

Finally saw the highlights of the game to which Coxs' last gasp winner is just suberb

Bit amused by Jim Mcintyre post-match comments in which he said the length of the grass didn't suit Dunfermline style of play and on the basis of it Dunfermline were robbed

Shut up Jim

Is that furreal? That is up there with wrong kind of snow and leaves on the line. It is their pitch, they determine the grass length!

Shut up Jim

Is that furreal? That is up there with wrong kind of snow and leaves on the line. It is their pitch, they determine the grass length!

Supposedly "new machinery" was tested on the pitch, not sure why they didn,t let players train on the pitch to get a feel of it before the game

Shut up Jim

Supposedly "new machinery" was tested on the pitch, not sure why they didn,t let players train on the pitch to get a feel of it before the game

Achh Pish. Any excuse. They will now belame the grass for their relegation!

according to open all mics ..... the Pars manager gave the groundsman a right old dressing down when he saw the grass length. Butcher was also said to not be that happy, but I bet he wasnt complaining at the end of the 90 92 minutes :ohmy:

Usual sour grapes from the management, his team huffed and puffed and 90% of their chances were from outside the box.

Bayne was just like Bayne of old ran about daft won a lot of balls and did feck all else.

What a good day out though, train from Edinburgh - taxi to east end inn ( bit feckin rough ) met Hoolies and Luvgravy from canada, Innes bus arrived late - driver claimed heavy traffic but we heard they stopped for tea & scones at Ballingry....

Anyway snatched 3 points after pars had blown themselves out, into the legends bar in the main stand - and how TCS could do with a set up like that - brilliant, made the 6 train back to Embra after 2 dodgy guys posed at a road sign called ' Transy avenue'.

Out for some beers, nice meal and wine and wandered about soaking up the fringe atmosphere, great!

Usual sour grapes from the management, his team huffed and puffed and 90% of their chances were from outside the box.

To be fair, the moaning about the grass length came from both managers, although the pars manager moaned longer and louder (which is a bit strange considering they were the home team !!). The whole thing was talked about on Radio Scotland well before a ball was kicked.

does make a convenient excuse though :ohmy:

To be fair, the moaning about the grass length came from both managers, although the pars manager moaned longer and louder (which is a bit strange considering they were the home team !!). The whole thing was talked about on Radio Scotland well before a ball was kicked.

does make a convenient excuse though :ohmy:

they talked at length about it before a ball was kicked so much so they discussed cutting it at half time...... lol

georgeios - where did you see Imrie sitting on a wall waiting for a bus? who was he with and what was he wearing?

see if we have the same people.

No, it was me who saw you waiting for the bus to Cowdenbeath, wearing your home top, with your girlfriend :rolleyes:

As soon as you said you were half in the picture above, I thought it must have been you. You stopped looking like him once you turned around and faced me.

Sorry quoted the wrong guy. Ha thats cool, i wondered to myself as soon as i read that...how many bus stops on Halbeath road is there to sit on a wall on...then i thought how random would it for Dougie to be sitting in his Match top and jeans waiting on a bus :P

Glad you said the likeness stopped when i looked round, dont know if id take that as a compliment or no :lol: no offence to wee Doug!

Take it you were on the supporters bus? I saw the bus coming and wondered if it was the players bus but knew it was too early. I was heading to the bowlplex for a bev...all my pars fan friends fell out with me!! :D

Im doing a blog about this season and I have done an update on it

Click the sig to get their

Dunfermline v Inverness

That is a link to just the the Pars Match

I know this is advertising but this is the best place to try and get views and comments on a Caley Blog isnt it. Please read and tell me what improvements I could and should make

Also the hopefully next big thing in Football Updates. PIE WATCH

Im doing a blog about this season and I have done an update on it

Click the sig to get their

Dunfermline v Inverness

That is a link to just the the Pars Match

I know this is advertising but this is the best place to try and get views and comments on a Caley Blog isnt it. Please read and tell me what improvements I could and should make

Also the hopefully next big thing in Football Updates. PIE WATCH

Thats really good pal. Its good someone came up with this. The Pie watch is Brilliant :clapping03: