FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have loved the win but i would definitely have taken the point at the start of the game and it sounds like the performance was none to shabby either.

Keep this going i can see big things happening this season.

Bring on the County next week.

can someone who was at the game confirm the 90th+ minute substitution being reported on SKY and other update sites .... Kyle Allison (GK) on for David Proctor ?????

Cracking game of football, end to end stuff and both sides had plenty of chances to win it. But at the end I was very relieved to hear the whistle - their subs strengthened them whilst ours tended to weaken us.

In the first half we were miles better than them and should have been ahead. Hayes, Foran and Sanchez were combining superbly up the right, with neat passing, dummies and great touches to carve them open repeatedly. second halh was different though, as the players tired. Sanchez little in the 2nd except miss our best chances of the game.

Great performances by Munro, Foran, Hayes, Cox and Lionel. Hard to pick a MOM.

Only negative was Eagle.

Dundee were something of a one man team - Harkins is a helluva a player to have at this level though.

Edited by Yngwie

can someone who was at the game confirm the 90th+ minute substitution being reported on SKY and other update sites .... Kyle Allison (GK) on for David Proctor ?????

The stadium announcer said Allison! It certainly wasn't Allison, Rooney, McBain or Ross, so by a process of elimination it must have been Morrison.

The stadium announcer said Allison! It certainly wasn't Allison, Rooney, McBain or Ross, so by a process of elimination it must have been Morrison.

Morrison made the cross near the end - so he's yer man :D

According to the official site and the stats I had up to now Morrison was on the park long before that.

Gavin Morrison for Robert Eagle (78)

Roy McBain for Johnny Hayes (87)

neither the official site nor SKY had another substitution listed but sportbox did. Sky then added it too. It showed Proctor going off right at the death and being replaced by Allison. I assume this was the "clash of heads" injury Jim Spence was talking about near the end ?

Until I know different, I am going with my initial feeling that this subbing didnt happen as the official site doesnt list it and the names make no sense given that Rooney and Ross were both still on the bench.

I thought Ross came on for Eagle, but might have mistaken him for Morrison. Hayes went to left wing at this point.

Rooney then came on for hayes, I thought.

Then Proctor went off after the clash of heads, and I didn't recognise the replacement but I'm sure it was a youngster.

Edited by Yngwie

Since I live just along the road, I was aware that I haven't seen Dens so busy on a Saturday since Premier Division days. The announcer then said they had given 1000 tickets away to schools and clubs - that would probably have brought an extra 1500-2000 in.

Excellent game, which could have had any of three results right up until the final whistle. I was happy with the football I was seeing, with the exception of Eagle's unwillingness to take on his man. Sanchez flagged a bit towards the end, but I think he'd done his bit by then. Munro's definitely got it back from wherever he left it last season.

As for Allison being used as a sub, as far as I recall, that's not allowed.

Biggest disappointment for me (apart from not getting a third to clinch it) was CaleyD not having time to change out of his working clothes into something a bit more vibrant.

One of the better games of football I've seen, we started by far the better and were unlucky to go 1-0 and 2-1 down. However I would say I thought 2-2 was a fair score, both teams could have won it at the end, their striker should have done better with one of their chances and we could have nicked so overall no complaints, I would have settled for that this morning. Don't know about the substitutions, but I also had Morrison on way before Proctor went off. If the info is coming from Dundee officially, I would take it with a pinch of salt as their announcer had Adam Rooney as our sub goalie, and Dunfermline playing Livingston!!!!

I thought we played really well today, all positives except for me Eagles and Stratford didn't really contribute. The problem with the announcer and the subs was, on their teamlines that they give out, they had Rooney down as GK and the subs were all mixed up from their. Ross came on for Eagles, then I think it was McBain for Hayes and then Proctor picked up a cut head and went off and possibly Morrison came on for him. The clash of heads was with Foran, the ref stopped the game to allow treatment and from the bounce ball Foran pointed to say he was putting back to their keeper from halfway line, he caught it a beauty and Bullock had to dive across to stop it going in, if it had gone in I think there would have been a riot!