FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie Utd V ICT :Matchday Thread

Scotty

For those that expect us to be picking up full points every game are in for a long hard season, apart from those that started the misguided bounce right back campaign I think most realise this is going to be a tough season , look at Dundees start after all they have spent, this is a tough league

Edited by stevico1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You sound like a manager there Stevie!

Sorry Smee, just facing reality, I never thought we would bounce back this year, hope I will still be proved wrong. There is not much difference in quality between bottom half of SPL and 1st Division and considering our team is not as strong as it was in SPL (in my opinion) its not going to be easy

Phew was the first word i used when i heard Hayes scored.

Bit of relief but given some of the other results can't help but be a bit dissapointed that we haven't taken all 3 points.

FORGOT TO SAY THE REASON I AM ASKING ABOUT DOUGIE IS HES MY NEPHEW..

couldnt you just call him and ask him then, you could tell us !!!!! Hopefully he wont be out for too long.

PS - typing in all caps on an internet forum is considered rude (shouting). please use normal typing.

That was a shocking display. We seemed to have ten guys who'd never met running around with ICT tops on. They just seemed completely lacking in fight and purpose, couldn't keep possession at all, and Foran in particular looked as if someone had drugged him. Airdrie will feel robbed. Thank god for Ryan Esson or who knows what the score would have been.

That was a shocking display. We seemed to have ten guys who'd never met running around with ICT tops on. They just seemed completely lacking in fight and purpose, couldn't keep possession at all, and Foran in particular looked as if someone had drugged him. Airdrie will feel robbed. Thank god for Ryan Esson or who knows what the score would have been.

next week we'll win... the next week we will play pish, thats our ICT!!

Correct me if im wrong but isnt it when we play teams we should be pumping that we seem to put on a pish poor proformance.... and play up to the big times kinda.... we are going no where if this keeps up.

So far it seems we are just not good enough.. we should be but we are not, In the SPL we played the same, we'd still be up there if they didnt split the leauge... Diddy teams own us end of story..

scotty i would ask him i have not seen him since he got injured i reley on his father..i was just wondering if hes back in light training or not..ps...(sorry for the capitail lettering.) i only joined today..

the boys were awful today. esson gets pass marks, great save from the pen but the rest were well below par. butcher needs to realise some of his signings are not up to it. eagle is a nightmare, like playing with a man down, when proc came on he at least threatened to do something. mcbain and duncan must be wondering what they must do to get a game. if i were butcher i would play the following team going on the basis that everyone is fit

esson

tokely duff munro zadi

imrie cox duncan mcbain

foran sanchez

subs: allison, proctor, hayes, barrowman, odhiambo

ive based this on that fact that duff did well last year. zadi at least tries to play he ball out instead of golly who just hoofs it clear, despite adding some dig to the team. midfield goes back to last years players as opposed the new guys as they have the dig to get stuck in and try grind out results. the midfield today seemed to go missing in periods. upfront foran needs to realise that the world doesnt revolve around him, complaining when balls are slightly off him, losing possession of the ball. he is a vital assest to the team and if he knuckles down and battles hard the goals will come for him and the team.

what the rest of you thinking?

the boys were awful today. esson gets pass marks, great save from the pen but the rest were well below par. butcher needs to realise some of his signings are not up to it. eagle is a nightmare, like playing with a man down, when proc came on he at least threatened to do something. mcbain and duncan must be wondering what they must do to get a game. if i were butcher i would play the following team going on the basis that everyone is fit

esson

tokely duff munro zadi

imrie cox duncan mcbain

foran sanchez

ive based this on that fact that duff did well last year. zadi at least tries to play he ball out instead of golly who just hoofs it clear, despite adding some dig to the team. midfield goes back to last years players as opposed the new guys as they have the dig to get stuck in and try grind out results. the midfield today seemed to go missing in periods. upfront foran needs to realise that the world doesnt revolve around him, complaining when balls are slightly off him, losing possession of the ball. he is a vital assest to the team and if he knuckles down and battles hard the goals will come for him and the team.

This will be the same Duff who is unlikely to play again this season due to his injury?

esson

tokely duff munro zadi

imrie cox duncan mcbain

foran sanchez

This will be the same Duff who is unlikely to play again this season due to his injury?

i did say going on the basis that everyone is fit. if your going from now then put rosco CB, proc RB and stratford on the bench

Wouldnt have Rossco anywhere near central defence... he cost us big time.

I wonder when Tel will realise its been too many changes, and how long can we wait to see if the players he brought in 'gell'.

Wouldnt have Rossco anywhere near central defence... he cost us big time.

I wonder when Tel will realise its been too many changes, and how long can we wait to see if the players he brought in 'gell'.

Put Roscoe up front. We might score some goals then. After all, he has scored more goals for ICT than any other player in the squad and has a better strike rate than Barrowman. He'd probably get booked less often too.

What a bag of tripe that was. Absolutely no midfield. Cox has gone backwards after a promising start. Eagle was like a headless chicken, Stratford was, well just rubbish. Hayes was the only one looking likely to trouble the scorers. Sanchez did nothing all game. Foran seems to be getting more knackered every game. It's just as well the back five can be reasonably stable on their day. Rooney did more when he came on than both the starting strikers and Barrowman showed some neat flicks and touches, unfortunately none in front of the goals. Proctor did ok when he was on. I don't recall the Airdrie keeper having to make a serious save. Hayes took his goal well, beating his man inside the box and firing through the keeper from an angle. He almost repeated that five minutes later. Not enough quality on show and Airdrie should have won. They made better use of any width and were prepared to play football. One Airdrie fan I met in the toilets said, ICT are rubbish, absolutely rubbish...........I had no cause to doubt him after witnessing that.

To summarise then.....pass marks for the back five, just, Hayes, Rooney Barrowman and Proctor.

Terry Butcher, this is simply not good enough to win this league. Sorry to spoil everybodies weekend, but that was it, utter rubbish.