Liam polworth

WYNESS101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Good to see him getting another callup.

I watched the Scotland v. N.Ireland Victory shield game the other month and was not impressed at all with the standard of the Scotland players. In previous years i've taken an interest in these games, as i've taught a few of the players; and every year there's been some real quality on the pitch. Fraser Fyvie, Ryan Jack (Aberdeen) and John Fleck (Rangers) have really bossed the midfield.

Unfortunately I had to miss the 2nd half, where Polworth came on and influenced a 2-1 win for Scotland, after being 0-1 down at half time. Hopefully he did enough to impress for a start against Wales; as the Scotland starting midfielders were terrible from what I saw.

For Scotland U16, or Scotland representation at any level?

eh aye at any level... well done wee man :024:

no,

Roscoe was called up when he was a teenager. Mark Brown, Ian Black & Craig Dargo all played for Scotland B against Turkey B up here in Inverness. Rory McAllister had played for Scotland under 19's when he was here and im sure there was someone else

eh aye at any level... well done wee man :024:

no,

Roscoe was called up when he was a teenager. Mark Brown, Ian Black & Craig Dargo all played for Scotland B against Turkey B up here in Inverness. Rory McAllister had played for Scotland under 19's when he was here and im sure there was someone else

Guy Kerr also played for Scotland Under 16s. Or Under 17s.

eh aye at any level... well done wee man :D

no,

Guy Kerr also played for Scotland Under 16s. Or Under 17s.

didnt know(or remember) that Kerr played? :024:

I watched the Scotland .:vs:. N.Ireland game but didn't notice him (certainly didn't mention anyone played for ICT). We were mince.... playing 5-3-2 (Renegade would have loved it!!), 1-0 down in the first half from an amazing strike by Paul George signed to Celtic and then at half time we made 3 substitutes and looked like a different team. The forward that came on for Scotland, Kennedy of Killie, looks like a player scored a minute after coming on and then one of the subs (played centre mid, Polworth???) slid a ball through for Kennedy to get his second.

Scotland did look average at best but I think that Northern Ireland had a couple of real stars for the furture.. the boy George was wearing number 7 looks like an exceptional talent

Does anyone know when the next Scotland game is on? it was Wales vs England the other night but didn't get a chance to watch it

• 2 weeks later...

Any info regarding Liam Polworth playing against Wales tonight for the sky sports victory shield, ko 7.40 has he been selected.

Celtics 14 yr old Islam Feruz will be playing too, due to Scotlands new school eligibility ruling

Edited by 12th Man

99% sure I saw him in the lineup during the anthem :D

EDIT: Turns out all the players i.e. including subs, do the anthems. So he's on the bench B)

Edited by RossP