FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

WALKING to Dungwall

Joonya

Just leaving my place now for TCS. I'll catch you all in the mallard...

Manny - thanks for the offer but we'll decline on this occasion. Setting off at 9 would give us an eta at the Mallard of 1pm at a steady 3mph pace, and we'll probably stop off in Conon Bridge for a bite to eat too... Unless of course you're planning to fill up your thermos and loin us for a mile or 3??? :lol:

We had a fantastic day's walk. Although it was flittering between 0 and 2 degrees most of the way, we kept a decent pace to stay warm, with a little assistance from Highland Park, courtesy of TMFTJ - Cheers Manny!!!

The plan was to leave the stadium at 9am and get to The Mallard for 1pm. I said this would be a 3mph pace (which would have infact meant we'd only cover 12 miles, not 15). We did in fact leave around 8:55 and got into the Mallard at 13:05... Not a bad effort at all.

Myself and Dunco had a few laughs on route, not least one illustrated below, and were gutted to hear but not see the train go past us as we came out of Maryburgh. A few waves from the ICT faithful would have topped off the day.

Excellent craic in the Mallard too... the only downside to the whole day was 90 minutes of pish...

We'll definately be doing this again at out next fixture over the bridge. Hopefully we'll have a couple more recruits.

post-59-1257675765_thumb.jpg

post-59-1257675785_thumb.jpg

post-59-1257675807_thumb.jpg

post-59-1257675849_thumb.jpg

post-59-1257675871_thumb.jpg

post-59-1257675924_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

...doing it again!...

Thats right folks - Dingwall becons for yet more Highland March training, and this time round I will defnately have company :021:

Gringo (Senior) makes the journey up from Coventry for the coming weekends outing accross the bridge, and I believe Dunco is also joining us for the walk once more...

The route to the match will be the same as November - Over the bridge, alongside the beauly firth, up to Connan Bridge and eventually finish up at The Mallard (ETA 1300)

As part of Highland March training, some of us will even walk the full distance BACK to Inverness AFTER the match too, giving us a total of 30-35 miles of walking, with a football match thrown in to break up the day! Hopefully we'll get a few more snap shots, and TM4TJ could finally get back his flask! :021: :D

As far as I'm aware there's 3 of us this time round (a 50% increase in participants compared to November :P )

Are them bacon butties good for take-away Manny :D (cheeky sod aint I!!!)

I presume no-one else fancies the 15 mile strole then? :lol:

Plan for the Jaunt...

0800-0830 Arrive at TCS

0830 - Set off

0900 - Meet TM4TJ foor bacon rolls and Highland Park....(I mean a cup of tea :P )

1300ish - Arrive Mallard and sample a few beverages (fresh orange and lemonade you understand :blink: )

1645 - see ICT score a last minute penalty in a 2-3 thriller, as Andy Barrowman/Iain Vigurs/Gary Wood (erase where appropriate) is sent to the stands when comitting the initial offence.

1700 - Set off back toward TCS on the back of a fantastic victory

???? - Arrive back at TCS

There are 4 walkers for this - Gringo, Dunco, Slater and myself. We'll see you in the Mallard :D

...and 3 of us made it back too....

I'd mentioned to the guys to expect a 10-1030pm arrival at TCS, and with a steady pace and a 20 minutes stopp off at Redcastle for some Tea, we got to the stadium at 2230 exactly!!!

Slater decided he should spend the night with his parents, leaving Dunco, Gringo and myself to make our way South...

MILES TO DINGWALL.... 15.6

MILES BACK................ 15.6

TOTAL MILES............... 31.2

post-59-1269131371_thumb.jpg

post-59-1269131440_thumb.jpg

post-59-1269131512_thumb.jpg

post-59-1269131576_thumb.jpg

post-59-1269131675_thumb.jpg

post-59-1269131766_thumb.jpg