FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Togo team bus ambushed

FortressICT

Premier League club with players participating in the African cup of nations demanding their players to be sent home.

No suprise.

Edited by ajsict92

Thats why the world cup should not be held in africa. To fecking dangerous

Not all of it. The ANC tournament has been held in Bukina Faso and Ghana in the recent past and things went alright. The Rugby world cup in South Africa had no major incidents and the confederations cup was a success a couple of months ago. All associations were told to travel by air, but Togo went by bus. England have just played several days of cricket in South Africa, and apart from some ball tampering on England's part, no one did anything bad.

Edited by TheKnowledge

I didnt really think much of Skysports summerisation of the attack. Adebayor was unhurt, the bus driver was killed and several others injured.

Almost like the others were an after thought. Well as long as Adebayors ok.

Seems that every player at the tournament has their own personal bodyguard i hear

Everything seems to be terrorism these days.

Yep. But only when it doesn't agree with UK or US agenda.

So 9/11 and the London Bombings weren't terrorist attacks then?

But seriously, that's not really what I was on about, just alluding to the fact that "terrorism" is branded in a lot of ways these days.