FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thats the last straw now

caleykid1994

Well i doubt many of you will know but tonight at 19:41, Inverness Caledonian Thistle confiscated my Season ticket at the turnstile. Guy who took it was supposed to and that i would need to speak to the club about so i went round to the club shop to find out why and i discover that the fecking thing hasnt been paid for 5 months. 5 Fecking months and not a single mention until tonight. No sign of any letter stating that a Direct Debit had been missed, not a whisper from Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Premium Credit about it and in a flash they take my ticket off me. So now, after that humiliating and embarrassing way they handled it, as of now, Inverness Caledoian Thistle can go f*ck themselves for the way they have treated a supporter who has followed the club when many kids growing up followed either side of the Old Firm because of parents or friends. Im getting rid of anything that has Inverness Caledonian Thistle to my name or in my household. I will never again set foot inside the Caledonian Stadium(unless by chance they draw Leeds United or Inter Milan in a european cup game). Never again will I support such a shitey run club, run by a bunch of f*cking backstabbing, turncoat w*nkers. this will be my last post under the name "caleykid" as ive already changed my email and Xbox Live gamertag. There are some people on here who i have enjoyed speaking and will miss the banter and chat from them and others who are just as bad as the tossers who run the club.

Why should the way they handled you stop you supporting a team? We all know its run by a bunch of amateurs who are clueless. Not reason enuff to stop supporting a club tho. Things will seem better in the morn, and you may even feel like disowning the above post!

Well it just goes to show you - pay for your season ticket (isn't that simple enough to follow?) and buy reading the OP then the club were well in their rights to do what they did and he's just trying to shift the blame to the club and shift away the blame from himself.

Edited by Renegade

There are some people on here who i have enjoyed speaking and will miss the banter and chat from them and others who are just as bad as the tossers who run the club.

The "tossers" who run the club thankfully, have nothing to do with this website.

So for 5 months you've been enjoying free football?

Now you've been caught and it's everyone elses fault?

You'll find that the season ticket was and still is the property of ICT anyway and as you hadn't maintained your credit agreement they have reclaimed it. If you wish to continue to enjoy the games I suggest you pay at the gate for the rest of the season, it's a win win for the club and yourself as they "continue" to get your financial support and you continue to watch the team on their resurgence.

Any chance you can tell us when you put all your memorabilia on to ebay? Nah, on second thoughts, you might conveniently forget to post the items out.

Seriously though, it is your responsibility to make sure your bills are paid on time. A simple check of your bank statement would have alerted you to the problem 5 months ago. In the days when identity theft and electronic fraud are so prevalent I find it near impossible to believe that any sane person does not study their bank accounts whenever they arrive through the door.

While I agree that the club could have handled this in a more professional manner, I presume that Caleykid1994 is one of these youngsters who have grown up in the "blame anyone else" culture that is so prevalent these days as he seems to have completely missed the point made by someone else that he should have noticed that he has not been paying anything for his football for the last 5 months and doesn't seem to accept that any of this could just be partly his own fault :D

You really ought to have noticed that your monthly payments were not being taken for whatever reason.

Do you not think ICT should have noticed this as well? Certainly once they did they could at least have contacted the supporter to make them aware of the problem instead of handling it the way they did?

I would be interested to know what conversations were had last night after being told the DD hadn't been going through. Was any offer made to square up the outstanding payments or was the ticket confiscated and the fan told "On your way."

You really ought to have noticed that your monthly payments were not being taken for whatever reason.

Do you not think ICT should have noticed this as well? Certainly once they did they could at least have contacted the supporter to make them aware of the problem instead of handling it the way they did?

How do you know that never happened? If the OP is lax enough to not check his bank statements then it is entirely possible, probable even, that he is as lax with the rest of his mail.

EDIT- As far as I remember the season tickets sold with a payment plan are sold through a third party credit provider so ICT can hold no blame here, it is likely that the third party contacted ICT to say the ticket was not paid for and ICT removed the ticket due to it being invalidated. If anything the credit providers would have been the ones to contact the non paying party.

Edited by Revbirdog

When i bought my season ticket 4/5 weeks before the season i paid by credit card, 2 weeks later i got a statement in and found that i had still not been charged for this and contacted the club to tell them and they confirmed that there had been an error on there side and the next time i was in inverness to pop in and complete the transaction again, when i arrived i was thanked gratefully for noticing the error and i got a piece of signed memorabilia

It shows that everyone makes mistake but it is rather simple to go down your bank statement and notice that you havnt been charged for something

Well i doubt many of you will know but tonight at 19:41, Inverness Caledonian Thistle confiscated my Season ticket at the turnstile. Guy who took it was supposed to and that i would need to speak to the club about so i went round to the club shop to find out why and i discover that the fecking thing hasnt been paid for 5 months. 5 Fecking months and not a single mention until tonight. No sign of any letter stating that a Direct Debit had been missed, not a whisper from Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Premium Credit about it and in a flash they take my ticket off me. So now, after that humiliating and embarrassing way they handled it, as of now, Inverness Caledoian Thistle can go f*ck themselves for the way they have treated a supporter who has followed the club when many kids growing up followed either side of the Old Firm because of parents or friends. Im getting rid of anything that has Inverness Caledonian Thistle to my name or in my household. I will never again set foot inside the Caledonian Stadium(unless by chance they draw Leeds United or Inter Milan in a european cup game). Never again will I support such a shitey run club, run by a bunch of f*cking backstabbing, turncoat w*nkers. this will be my last post under the name "caleykid" as ive already changed my email and Xbox Live gamertag. There are some people on here who i have enjoyed speaking and will miss the banter and chat from them and others who are just as bad as the tossers who run the club.

I've been thinking more about this since i read it, and did you not offer to pay up the payments you have missed? as i would imagine if they have not been taking the money off your account you will still have the money in the account, you could have payment your payments up to date and would have been allowed into the game

How would they know it was you at the turnstile, were they checking every season ticket untill they found the right number!

Anyway to be fair to him though, I never check that my direct debits have come off my account, just know that there is enough to cover them and let them take care of themselfs. If they were being paid without problem in the past I wouldn't expect there to be any problem in the future. I certaintly wouldn't be checking every month to see if ?10 or so had come off for a ticket, just expect it to have.

On the occasions where I havent had enough to cover my phone bill then I'm alerted to it pretty quickly by the company.

It shows that everyone makes mistake but it is rather simple to go down your bank statement and notice that you havnt been charged for something

I must admit when I look at my own bank statement, I'm more likely to notice something I've been mistakenly charged for, rather than something I've haven't been charged for!

It appears a poorly handled situation by both parties here.

There should have been some form of communication prior to this. And this should have happened both ways surely. Maybe in the harsh light of day you need to go to the stadium and speak to the financial people to see where the problem has arisen. There is a reason for everything. It may just be human error on behalf of either party, but don't give up on your freedom of choice to support who you want.

Keep supporting Kid, you are too far down the line to give up now.

While I agree that the club could have handled this in a more professional manner, I presume that Caleykid1994 is one of these youngsters who have grown up in the "blame anyone else" culture that is so prevalent these days as he seems to have completely missed the point made by someone else that he should have noticed that he has not been paying anything for his football for the last 5 months and doesn't seem to accept that any of this could just be partly his own fault :)

Agree with this post, just what was on my mind.

Had a young loon in for an MOT, his sporty Corsa had wide wheels & tyres, of which 3 were needed for a pass, the tyres were about ?80 each which sent him loopy, what a feckin nerve vauxhall had putting tyres like that on his car, what with ?120 a month insurance and car payments he couldnt afford to run it - so he was off to see mummy. :blink:

Whislt I believe that the club could have handled it better, I find it hard to believe that if a credit company had not got their payment for 5 months, they would not have contacted the OP. I missed one payment on a loan once (through no fault of my own) and I had the dogs of hell let loose on my arse. Also I'm sure that if the OP had made some sort of gesture towards paying the money owed it could have been sorted amicably without all this anomosity. Whilst the OP is bound to feel hard done by at the time, I'm sure in the cold light of day he will realise that it is actually partly his own fault that this situation has arisen. Check your statements every month and it won't happen, if it does contact the relevent people to sort it. Job done.

Edited by Oz647

The way direct debit works.

You permit a company to remove funds from your bank account. If on the date there aare insufficient funds your bank may refuse the transaction. At this point the company and the bank must notify you of this and, usually, the company make contact by phone and give you the chance to pay of arrears. Many companies will try again the following month and attempt to take two payments. Again the insufficient funds scenario can arise.

It may also be that the company never attempted to remove the funds from your account. In which case you can take it up with them. As the payment scheme was set up by an independant company on behalf of ICT then ICT are not the ones to blame. That company will have informed them that payment had not been made and requested them to confiscate the book. This company may well have paid ICT up front.

At the end of the day its the purchasers responsibility to ensure payments are made.