FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Staff Departure

Kind of Blue

I heard a whisper today that Morven Reid (the Operation Manger) will not be coming back to ICT after her maternity leave is finished.  If this news is correct I would like to wish her all the best and say thanks for doing a good job in difficult circumstances ie moving to Aberdeen at short notice and adapting to life in the spl.  It was an extremely big learning curve for everybody at the club and I think Morven had more than her fair share to contend with.

I also hear that our new Chairman is already stamping his authority (in a good way) behind the scenes and has a clear view of how he wants to see the club progress.  Interesting times ahead, I think.

MMmmmm interesting.  I had heard that Morven has extended her leave a bit, but also heard a suggestion that this had moved on and that she was now not returning.  As KoB says, Morven worked well in difficult circumstances. It may be that having been blessed with an absolutely gorgeous little boy she doesn't feel ready to give the commitment required to be operations manager.  This takes much more time that just a Monday to Friday job.  Whatever she decides I would like to wish her well.

Glad to hear that the Chief Exec is on top of things and has plans in place for the future.

*correction*  Replace Chief Exec with Chairman.  TBH that makes much more sense anyway.  :001:

I don't know about any projected plans, but I have heard good things about the new chairman.  Seems to be sussing things out. I'm hopeful that we might see an improvement across the board with his leadership.  This is in no way a slight on David Sutherland who was an excellent chairman, but Alan Savage would appear to be more 'hands on' from what I have heard. 

It's time we brought the whole club up to SPL standard.  Just as an example I spoke to Malky Thomson just after they went to Utd and they have over 40 full time staff!! If we are going to compete with these teams 'off the park' we need a bit of a restructure and some more staff.  Once again I feel positive vibes and believe this could be a turning point in the future of ICT.

It's time we brought the whole club up to SPL standard.  Just as an example I spoke to Malky Thomson just after they went to Utd and they have over 40 full time staff!!

I am sure that we wouldnt argue that the club needs extra staff in certain areas - but lets not go down the route of throwing them in all over the place because other clubs do it. Lets not forget just how lovely a balance sheet ET maintains every year. :010: :010:

Fair point Scotty.  I didn't mean that we should just employ people for the sake of it, but we could be doing with a few in some areas.  Just making a comparison.  Definitely don't want to go down the Eddie Thomson route of club management.

Guest mailer1234

What i would like to know is how does information like this get leaked out, as im sure the club staff wouldnt want stuff like this plastered over the page if their job was being discussed. 

Nothing to do with me on this occasion.  My reply to KoB was only my thoughts on the matter and have absolotely no merit.  It was KoB who started this thread.  I have heard a bit about it, but not from within the club.  I am very rarely at the stadium now.  I certainly used to spend a lot of time there helping out haven't done much of that in the last year.

If I do pick up any snippets I tend not to post them anyway.  There are people on here who can't wait to share conversations they have had with people regarding the club, but I don't like to go down that route unless it's useful information regarding tickets or something like that.

Very flattering that you think the board would discuss such matters with me.  :015: :015: