FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie

davieB

I wasn't at the game today, but from listening to the radio commentary it sounded as like Ian would've been sent off if CC hadn't hooked him at half time. I don't know how many bookings he's amassed now but it seems as if it's been one every game!!

Now we all know how good a player Ian CAN be, but so far this season he's not been the player we all rate. He seems hellbent on building his reputation as the 'hard tackling, no-nonsense' wee midfielder. Fine, but he must be due a suspension now, or very soon.

Fair enough, we can all argue maybe some of these bookings were unwarrented(D,Utd last week), but in the main he's lucky he's not been sent off already this season. Fair play to Charlie for seeing that was inevitable today.

Personally I think Blackie could do with a wee cooling off period. Yes I know the 'bite' is part of his game, but it's not as if he's playing that well at the moment, so maybe now is the time for Charlie to stamp his managerial position on the team and tell Blackie to sort himself out or face a spell on the bench.

I think he still has a bit to go to "mature" as a player but I don't think CC should be doing anything to dampen his terrier like approach to the game.  All he needs is a bit of guidance in properly channeling his energy.  OK, so he's picking up a lot of bookings and I think he now faces a suspension, I don't think thats all that bad and so long as CC properly manages the situation and does as he did yesterday (hooking him before he got the 2nd yellow) then I still see him as an asset to the team.  We have ample adequate cover in the middle of the park and so long as these yellows don't become straight reds then I don't see the need to worry.

As a player much of his strength is in his attitude and approach, maybe it is "wee man" syndrome, but take that out of him and he would be walked all over in the middle of the park.

Is he trying to p!ss off CC and the fans before he departs, cos he is going the right way about it. He needs to get a grip and start playing the creative role and get forward to help the strikers more. This Billy Bremner role is not doing him any good. The refs are well aware of him now and he will be sent of sooner rather than later. It's a great pity as he has a lot to offer ICT.

So come on Blackie, sort yourself out and start performing in a positive manner please.

Fair comment....

Not necessarily a bad thing to have a Bremner, or Roy Keane "angry type presence" on the park, but yes... it does  has to be kept under control... He was quoted as saying he wasn't best pleased not to have been informed of interest from other club(s) at the start of the season.... that might explain his mood on the park at the moment....

Black's crass stupidity could have cost us the game yesterday. He began mouthing McCurry at a very early stage and was "warned" even before the booking. But then he forearmed a Killie player, cringed thinking "I am off" and went to ground, then realised that neither the ref or the linesman had seen the incident and was very, very fortunate not to get a straight red. Then kicking the ball into the net when even I had heard the whistle. He really should have gone for that and I cannot understand how McCurry let it go. I reckon McCurry may have forewarned CC or Dods that one more blemish and he would be offski. It could also be the frustration of not getting as much of the ball as Wilson and Rankin. But thats another talking point.

Apparently the ref told Barry Wilson that if Black didn't cool down he would be off if there was any more incident from him.  I think half time came at just the right time or otherwise we would have been down to 10 men.

I would like to see Black getting a rest for 3 or 4 games and give Ritchie Hart a run instead.  By all accounts Hart made a good contribution when he came on.

It seems  so long ago we were lauding his tough no quarter given attitude to ball winning combined with some very good displays of driving runs and accurate passing , now the latter qualities are seldom on show and without those he does not bring an awful lot to the team - in fact as it's pointed out when he's on a yellow and is mouthing off incessantly at the officials then he's more of a liability than a help as his agrressive style is leading to an early substitution or the inevitable red caird.

Wtf is up with the boy this season?