FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Hibs -V- ICT

Scotty

I think we would have taken a point if offered before the game, Hibs seemingly had far more chances but couldn't make them count.

According to my source at the game Ross was very poor and the introduction of Sandshoes made all the difference, Duff came in for Duncan and played well, but we will wait for a report from fans attending the game and get some more views..

Delighted with the result today. Looks like we could have easily have lost it with the open goal miss, offside goal decision if Wotherspoon got out of the way for Riordan to shoot and the penalty miss. 4 Points from our first 4 matches is good, we've had to play some hard teams. Roll on playing St Mirren, St Johnstone and Killie to clock up some real points. In the mean time another draw next weekend would suit me.

Hard earned point. Hibs would have been hard done by if we took all three points but we scrapped hard to get the draw. Ross was a passenger today, the game passed him by. Sanchez made a big difference when he came on and was able to get past the defenders and run goalward. Stonewall penalty and Rooney fairly smashed the ball low and hard into Broonies bottom right hand corner. How ironic would it have been if he had saved it.

They seemed able to open us up early on and Riordan was causing problems with his running. Proctor had a torrid time and when Hibs scored we seemed to open up badly on the right side and allowed Riordan to poke the ball home. Sloppy from us, slick from Hibs.

Hibs hit the bar with a free kick, Esson possibly tipping it ont the top of the bar. They had a couple of dangerous moments, but we also passed up two or three half chances. Rooney smacked the junction of post and bar from 10 yards in the second half. Hibs also still looked dangerous on the break and missed a sitter, Riordan I think lifting the ball over the bar when he should have scored. They then missed a penalty and we made them pay. Sanchez was a revelation when he came on whereas Nick Ross was not at the races. Rooney buried the penalty and soon after Sanchez robbed the defenders 25 yards out but the chance was lost as Hibs shut him down. Sutherland smashed a volley high over from a good position as we took the game to Hibs. They 'scored' in the last seconds, but fortunately it was rulled out, so a pouint apiece was a decent result at the end of the day.

Noisy away support as usual, some youngsters ejected. This goading the stewards really should be stopped, it's just a waste of time and money.

According to my source at the game Ross was very poor and the introduction of Sandshoes made all the difference

Yep, Ross was (once again, IMO) the weakest link - although he delivered an absolute blinder of a reverse pass to play Rooney in when he cracked the woodwork. Great vision for that, but it was the only thing he did in the game.

When Dani came on he seemed to having a roving forward role, and Eric went to left midfield, and then Sutherland took his place there. So 3 left mids and Roy wasn't one of them. Will we ever see him again?!

Dani was buzzing when he came on and I think he did more than enough to earn a start.

Gillet seemed to strain something when making a clearance just before HT, and Rosscoe went to left back when Innes came on and was pretty solid there.

Hibs were worth being 1-up at half time. They stroked the ball around nicely, had many more options than us, and had an impact player who does what impact players do best.

We competed, no mistake, Johnny and Eric doing their best but the former was often double or treble marked and really never got into his stride. Adam was neatly folded up in Bamba's back pocket for the firtst 45. Bambi looks more and more comfortable every time I see him.

Second half hinged, in my opinion, on Rooney's shot off the woodwork. From then on Hibs didn't look so assured, we had more possession and the chances started coming thick n fast at both ends.

To be fair to the Hibees they threw it away in the end. I think most of us were happy with the point after an entertaining 2nd half.

The new stand is real bonny...it's a good looking stadium now. Can't be arsed commenting on the police and stewards situation, just tiresome!

post-325-008561300 1284233798_thumb.jpg

post-325-078259800 1284233849_thumb.jpg

• Agree 1

Good result sounds like Sutherland had a great chance for the winner !

He certainly did. Hayes, who'd been tricky all day but lacked a final ball, eventually put in a great ball to the front post, Shane did really well to get in front of his marker but blazed it over when he only had to keep it down and get it the target to win the game for us.

Mind you, that was nothing compared to the chances Hibs missed.

What Mannie and Yngwie said *edit- and Foggy too*. At times the Hibs passed us off the park, loads of skill and a fair bet for top six. But to be honest some of our spirit from last season shone through even at a goal down, there was always a chance we could battle on for an equaliser, showed far more guts than them. And we're not a bad passing side ourselves if we try.

Interesting to see what would have happened if Granty had equalised soon after Riordan's goal which carved us open TBH. Their fans are not a patient lot.

Eric seems like a different player in the SPL. Jonny was too predictable and they usually doubled up on him (and at one point there were 3 men on him), the SPL managers have got his card marked. I felt Dani should have replaced Nick at HT.

We often had time to play it out of defence but too many times Granty and Rossco just blootered it up to Rooney, who worked hard but I don't think he won a header all day against Bamba. Then Dani turns him on the deck and it's a pen.

Duff was pretty decent, a more physical threat than Russeldinho with an ability to see a simple pass, calmly imposed himself on the game although without showing the passion for ICT that's obvious with our no 8.

Roll on Monday morning, been taking a lot of stick at work, predictions of 10-0, sheepshaggers etc.

Edited by TheMantis

What manforthejobandyngwieandwandererandmantis said, pretty much. The midfield was a worry for most of the game: both Duff and Cox played so deep that there were huge gaps where Hibs were just able to stroll onto the ball. At least one of our central midfielders should have been trying to take the ball onward more when we were in possession, and both should have been trying to close down further up the park more when we weren't in possession. Eric, when he was on the ball, showed he is absolutely capable of performing at this level, but I don't think he showed for it quite enough (to be fair to Eric, this was a problem with the whole team, especially from throw-ins, as it has been all season). Rooney and Hayes worked really hard, but too often they looked really isolated.

Don't want to be too negative - in the last half hour we definitely earned our point, and there is enough talent in the squad to do decently this season if the midfielders can refine their roles a little more clearly. Also, Sanchez looked like he felt he belonged at this level and was keen to take players on when he got the chance; personally I'm delighted by that, as I think he's maybe the best footballer we have, and I want to see him properly involved with the first team this season. At the same time though, I think this was a pretty poor Hibs team, and a better side might have wrapped it up earlier. If we're going to get ahead of the other relegstion candidates this season, the team needs to know exactly what it's doing from the off.

A sheepshagger, the Mantis?

Good Heaven's . For that he would have to take off his pantis.

But, nay, not him.

If there is one thing we know, it's that he isnae dim!

He's a teacher you know, from yonder skule

And gives his pupils the eagle eye,so as over them to run the rule.

Och! and is it no sic a pity that that's the end of my ditty

And, folorn be me, I have to quitty

Since my wife has just left the bath and I have to run over and feel her taffeta dress

Which has got, down the side, a wee nifty slitty.

:doh::wave:

I'm happy with the result we played well and as Tel said we could have won we could have lost. Sanchez had a good game on the left would like to see him start there against hearts if richie isnt fit.

I was suprised and sad to see that duff got in ahead of pedzcry.gif i thought duff played well but i still think duncan and duff should be starting (dont know if butcher will change it) and cox getting sub appearances to help him improve.