Hamilton Academical v Alloa Athletic

St Mirren v Peterhead

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Elgin City

Dundee v Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Ties will be played on 8th and 9th January 2011

From SFA...

Well that's a good draw :)

Should get a decent crowd of 500 or so from Elgin I reckon, which = ???s.

On the negative side, Elgin are playing well this season... but we should be professional enough to progress. Chance to see the likes of Barry Wilson, Jamie Duff and Jake Inglis as well come to think of it.

When ICT were formed I was too young to really know much about the history of Caley and Thistle but obviously knew there was a rivalry there along with Ross County and heard of the Caley - Elgin rivalry as well. However I don't know why was there one in the first place? Was it simply geography or were the two fighting it out at the top of the league each season?

Elgin really hate us. I went along to the Elgin-Hearts game and the song that got everyone going was 'If you hate the farking Caley clap your hands' :lol: Ian Black got some abuse from their fans as well. I also recall going to a North Cup game at Forres, where their fans were out in force for a game against our Under 19s, flags, banners everything :lol:

I would have preferred a trip through to Borough Briggs, but this should be good. Elgin looked poor against Hearts but have improved since then and actually look to have a decent side at the moment. Ex-County hitman Craig Gunn is their dangerman and they also have the tallest player I've ever seen, can't recall his name. He must've been nearly seven feet tall.

Elgin really hate us. I went along to the Elgin-Hearts game and the song that got everyone going was 'If you hate the farking Caley clap your hands' :lol: Ian Black got some abuse from their fans as well. I also recall going to a North Cup game at Forres, where their fans were out in force for a game against our Under 19s, flags, banners everything :lol:

I would have preferred a trip through to Borough Briggs, but this should be good. Elgin looked poor against Hearts but have improved since then and actually look to have a decent side at the moment. Ex-County hitman Craig Gunn is their dangerman and they also have the tallest player I've ever seen, can't recall his name. He must've been nearly seven feet tall.

It was the U19's plus Charlie Christie actually! :tongue: That was a great day!

As for our tall player, that's Paul Millar. He's 6ft8 and officially the tallest player in Britain. He isn't first choice at the moment though and most of his appearances have come from the bench.

As for our tall player, that's Paul Millar. He's 6ft8 and officially the tallest player in Britain. He isn't first choice at the moment though and most of his appearances have come from the bench.

Get him on his hands and knees and he IS the bench!