FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Red Card

Dargo20

I have no problem with last night's red card awarded to Grant Munro by ref Steve Conroy who missed the incident but for the help of his stand side assistant James Bee.

If Munro raises his hand regardless of the theatrical actions of Aberdeen's Chris Maguire he has to go under the letter of the law.

However it seems that Rory McArdle's dangerous two footed lounge on Graeme Shinnie which could have broken his leg merited a straight red and later Nick Blackman

previously booked for his goal celebrations later deliberatley handled the ball then kicked the ball away both yellow card offences yet neither were punished with a second

yellow card.

I have no problem with last night's red card awarded to Grant Munro by ref Steve Conroy who missed the incident but for the help of his stand side assistant James Bee.

If Munro raises his hand regardless of the theatrical actions of Aberdeen's Chris Maguire he has to go under the letter of the law.

However it seems that Rory McArdle's dangerous two footed lounge on Graeme Shinnie which could have broken his leg merited a straight red and later Nick Blackman

previously booked for his goal celebrations later deliberatley handled the ball then kicked the ball away both yellow card offences yet neither were punished with a second

yellow card.

No idea what game you were watching but Blackman wasn't booked in the one I watched !!!

According to all the stats sites, Rory McArdle was the only Don booked - in 38 minutes.

Blackman definately booked in first halg and it was Vernon who deliberately handled in the second. Seceral Aberdeen players were guilty of kicking the ball away when decisions went against them but no action taken. Referee didn't cost us the game but very very poor standard of refereeing especially in last 2 games.

Blackman was booked by ref for challenge on Hayes in first half.

So ref had 3 chances to give him a further card.

1 deliberate hand ball

2 kcking ball away after free kick awarded against him

3 celebrating his goal he ran off the field of play post-678-0-21961300-1296135597_thumb.jpg

Blackman definately booked in first half

Blackman was booked by ref for challenge on Hayes in first half.

Not doubting either of you, just saying that none of the stats sites ... and even the SPL website havent picked up on it in their match reports.

Referee didn't cost us the game but very very poor standard of refereeing especially in last 2 games.

Maybe Andy Gray could recommend a couple of female refs ....... :hiding02:

I'm looking forward to seeing the footage of it.

Havent got the footage from last night yet, but the guidelines for producing them state that any 'controversial' incidents should not be included. Will be interesting to see if the BBC leave any of the ones debated so far in the highlights.

I thought it was the guy that scored the goal and then celebrated in the north stand that the ref was going to book then nothing happened. Dont remember Blackman getting booked.

Scotty the stand side assist ref was awful last night. Anyone could have done better male or female.

I thought it was the guy that scored the goal and then celebrated in the north stand that the ref was going to book then nothing happened. Dont remember Blackman getting booked.

Scotty the stand side assist ref was awful last night. Anyone could have done better male or female.

Don't you remember Blackman getting booked for the tackle that could have crippled Jonny Hayes?

Edited by Johnboy

Don't you remember Blackman getting booked for the tackle that could have crippled Jonny Hayes?

Yep now you mention it I do but I didnt realise it was blackman at the time as I was more concerned re the health of Jonny Hayes. Thought at the time it might have been really bad as you heard the tackle and Langfield reacted immediately by going towards Jonny as if he thought it could be really bad too. Thanks Johnboy.

When Blackman celebrated his goal off the pitch Steve Conroy goes to his top pocket to book him then realises he had been booked already then does nothing

Nothing here to suggest he's planning booking Blackman, he's most likely getting his incident book out to note down the scorer and time of goal.

That said, Jack should've probably been booked for his celebration and there were some other clueeless decisions, but we can't go on simply blaming officials for our poor run of form.