FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney

SMEE

I think Fahey scored from Adam's assist but his appearance as a sub turned things for them

No need fer a red dot so sorted. Rooney's persisitence made the goal. I know a couple of Brummies who have been impressed by his performances but they question if he has the pace to make it in the Championship. Judging by TV clips he has been working hard in the Gym in pre season and suspect that pace off the mark will be high on the training regime priorities.

Could Shane Sutherland be next ?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think Fahey scored from Adam's assist but his appearance as a sub turned things for them

No need fer a red dot so sorted. Rooney's persisitence made the goal. I know a couple of Brummies who have been impressed by his performances but they question if he has the pace to make it in the Championship. Judging by TV clips he has been working hard in the Gym in pre season and suspect that pace off the mark will be high on the training regime priorities.

Could Shane Sutherland be next ?

Dream on, his feet were on back to front yesterday.

No need fer a red dot so sorted. Rooney's persisitence made the goal. I know a couple of Brummies who have been impressed by his performances but they question if he has the pace to make it in the Championship. Judging by TV clips he has been working hard in the Gym in pre season and suspect that pace off the mark will be high on the training regime priorities.Could Shane Sutherland be next ?
Dream on, his feet were on back to front yesterday.

In that case Tade left his in the dressing room....

Adam was not that slow at all--when he got going, with his strength and constant movement, don't you think he was hard to stop?

I think he could try to be quicker off the mark but were our players faster than a speeding bullet yesterday?--what I saw was that Rangers had about 70-80 percent of the ball over the whole match and when virtually all of ICT players got the ball, they stopped , looked around and then played the pass as if there was all the time in the world. They were lucky that the Rangers players relied almost solely on their passing skill and ball control and did not think it necessary to tackle the ICT players at all.

In fact, I thought the whole team over the match lacked urgency and pace and until they realise that when they get the ball they must be ready to run, dodge fast and get their passes off crisply and dynamically they will struggle I think.It was a pretty lackadaisical and hesitant performance on the whole wasn't it?

OPINIONS?

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice to see Adam Rooney score at Birmingham on Saturday

He seems to be getting settled in better than Goodwille ( if Spelt correctly)

Maybe Rooney will have a better chance to suceed Championship level.

Blackburn one of my old sides seem doomed Goodwille will have to be on top form to save them. It is a massive step in class for the lad. and the pressure is enormous.

Whereas Adam can blend in quietly, with less pressure , and also play in Europe.

The Goalkeepers in the championship are top class - Green for instance at West Ham. Schmiecal ( if spelt wrongly apologise) at Leicester - Wonderful goalkeepers - Probably the worst is Steele at Barnsley.

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham, with Rooney playing, on live on ITV4 right now (thurs 15th Sep, 8.30pm)

Hooked after 1 hour, just after going 2-0 down.

Adam very busy in first half- missed one great chance. No service to him in 2nd half.

At half time Strachan(pundit) referred to him as a 'big Highland lad'.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

• 3 weeks later...

Rooney is either falling quickly down the pecking order at Birmingham, or he's suffering an injury. He didnt even make the bench this weekend away to Forest in their 3--1 win.

Chris Burke on the other hand seems to be doing quite well with the Blues

They've now got 4 fit strikers again....

Wood, Rooney, King and Zigic.

Looks like they started with one up front and had Wood and King on the bench as the back up strikers. See young Wood got another two - he's certainly banging them in....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

• 3 weeks later...

I said that at the time he moved to Birmingham he would be predominently a bench warmer, and that seems to be what is happening. Has anyone noticed how well Crawley Town are doing? He would have been better going there for a year (on probably not much less money), score a hat full of goals, enhance his profile in Englandshire, and then move on to a big club.

• 2 weeks later...