FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Manager satisfaction survey

Yngwie

Manager satisfaction survey  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the performance of manager Terry Butcher?

• Very satisfied
    • Fairly satisfied
    • Neith satisfied nor dissatisfied
    • Fairly dissatisfied
    • Sack him

Following on from the discussion taking place on another thread, I thought it might be useful to gauge fans' opinion by way of a poll.

Participants will be eligible for a free prize draw in which they can win Rangers Football Club. To claim prize, winner must undergo a fit and proper person test, the results of which will be conveniently ignored.

Edited by Yngwie

Athough I believe he could do better, or maybe do some things differently, Terry Butcher overall has been as good for this club, as the club has been good for him. A great spin doctor and his speech from the mount at Somerset Park will live in the memory banks forever.

We all have ideas on how it should be, and within the limitations of this club he has not done much wrong, but the question marks for me are substitutions too late or baffling choice, ie, defender when we need a goal, and the tactics and style of play leave a little to be desired at times.

But, I am still fairly satisfied with our boss, despite the criticism, hopefully seen as constructive rather than destructive.

Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied. We are by no means playing as well as we can do, but I do think Butcher is probably the best we can do in terms of a manager at the moment.

I fall into the neither satisfied or dissatisfied camp too !!!

We are in 10th spot, selections, performances and tactics have been questionable in some games, and we perhaps could and should have had more points if that was addressed. However, this season has been like no other in terms of injury so the manager rarely, if ever, has been able to field what is the strongest 11 in his mind. I am also mindful of the fact that his "presence" in terms of PR and motivation is a positive factor for our club ... and that is demonstrable ... On more than one occasion in the recent past, ICT has been mentioned in football conversations by me on this side of the pond, and even if the person has not heard of the club, they most certainly have heard of the manager and the opinion from those that didnt know anything of the SPL was "oh, you must be quite a big team then if an England legend is your manager!!!"

The report card says "must do better", but its not time to make him stand in the corner with a big conical hat on just yet !!!

under the circumstances of this season, I'm reasonably happy that we have steered our way from relegation, BUT we are not safe yet. Feel a better season next time round, and without the injuries this season we would have been better off

Yes still reasonably satisfied overall, I think Butcher has enough credit in the bank with most fans despite this dog's breakfast of a season. And the injuries have been a justifiable excuse for some of our problems. A crucial summer lies ahead however. The defence must be sorted if we are to stay up next season and that should not mean scratching around for loanees.

• Agree 1

I have actually gone for "fairly satisfied" because I do not feel that you can simply ignore the bad luck and injuries that we have suffered this season and the problems with the likes of Hayes and Doran have led to us losing shape and the forward motion and easy ball attitude. Terry is a fantastic "ambassador" for the club but I would prefer to have him as a Director of Football and have a manager with more tactical nous at the helm. I only wish that I could have a few sessions with him to work on the Narcisstic personality deficits.

• Agree 1

True to my word, a prize draw has been made, and the winner of Rangers FC is.........IHE.

To collect your prize you need to go in person to Ibrox, preferably next time there is a baying mob outside, and as proof of ID please reveal all your tattoos. :wink:

• Agree 1

Brought as back from the pit of despair that was the 1st Division and in some style, almost had us in the top 6 last season with a very strong return to the SPL, has tried to put his own team into practice and in the face of much adversity steared us off the bottom of the table.

Like many i may not agree with everything he has done but it cant be denied that he has brought alot of success and notice to the Highlands and with one or two changes here or there he can still do that.

Unlike many ive still got the utmost faith in him as a manager and still believe he is that right man to carry this club forward.

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 3

Following on from the discussion taking place on another thread, I thought it might be useful to gauge fans' opinion by way of a poll.

Participants will be eligible for a free prize draw in which they can win Rangers Football Club. To claim prize, winner must undergo a fit and proper person test, the results of which will be conveniently ignored.

Can I retract my vote? I didn't read the small print.

Testing season. Deferred judgement so I am also in the Neither sat or dis sat column.

We will all get our chance to judge his performance next season. Hopefully (on my knees ) he will stop going for the loanees.

Concentrate on spirit and ensure the defence becomes settled and stoic-- that is, resistant to all attacks. And the rest will take care of itself.