FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre season fixtures

bauhaus

That line up fills me with as much excitement as it would developing a bad dose of haemorrhoids

It seems a life time ago now since we welcomed the likes of Real Sociedad or Royal Antwerp

After the disastrous preseason last year I thought it would have been a priority for the club this summer to organise at least two glamour friendlies against some quality opposition

No disrespect to the highland league teams but they are simply not good enough to provide an SPL team with meaningful workouts

Playing vastly inferior opposition achieves nothing in my book and will only result in us having a very poor start to the season when the real action starts

Dougal

Ahem, it was Real Valladolid...but i do agree with your point.

Edited by ajsict92

Just putting this out there but this isn't the finalised pre season fixtures. It's only the confirmed pre season games. I think theres Still at least one home game against better opposition to be confirmed. Coventry seems to suit. The highland league teams are always a good place to start as it just gets the team into the swing of things. The fixtures don't bother me. Signings, and avoiding injuries are the important thing for me. Maybe the club decided last season we had to many injuries and it couldve been down to playing to many more competitive games at teams at our level ie. Yeovil, aldershot etc. maybe they feel a cutback in this can prevent injuries and cut costs. Not gonna say I don't want to play better opposition but if the club feel this is an area where costs could be cut To obtain better players or just keep the club afloat then that's fine by me.

Edited by lukemackay

I'll Play... Oh to put one over on my home town team. Lol.

Fair few pals asking me about this. Aside from the fans match, this is what I'll be looking forward to pre season

So Coventry City it is then at TCS - anybody remember that brown and pink away strip they once had. Every time I think of it Ian Wallace and Ginger Perm seems to spring to mind ;-)

What about the Willie Carr free kick?

So Coventry City it is then at TCS - anybody remember that brown and pink away strip they once had. Every time I think of it Ian Wallace and Ginger Perm seems to spring to mind ;-)

What about the Willie Carr free kick?

1673343_450_450_0_0_fit_0_4ab0d561c3d17e2fc78bfbdcd24d6440.jpg OR coventry-city-willie-carr-32-fks-wonderful-world-of-soccer-1971-72-football-sticker-8332-p.jpg

MotD Action Replay :lol: -

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

updated with 2 new fixtures added at Lossimouth and Muir of Ord:

AWAY

Tuesday 10th - Clach v ICT at Grant Street Park, 7:30pm kick off - game on

Wednesday 11th - Forres Mechanics v ICT at Mosset Park, Forres - GAME OFF

Thursday 12th - Lossiemouth v ICT at Grant Park, Lossiemouth, 7:30pm kick off

Saturday 14th - Elgin City v ICT at Borough Briggs, Elgin, 3pm kick off

Wednesday 18th - Deveronvale v ICT at Princes Royal Park, Banff, 7:30pm kick off

Thursday 19th - Muir of Ord v ICT at Muir of Ord, 7:30pm kick off

Tuesday 24th - Brechin City v ICT at Glebe Park, Brechin, 7:30pm kick off

Wednesday 25th - Wick Academy v ICT at Harmsworth Park, Wick, 7:30pm kick off

• 6 months later...

updated with 2 new fixtures added at Lossimouth and Muir of Ord:

AWAY

Tuesday 10th - Clach v ICT at Grant Street Park, 7:30pm kick off - game on

Wednesday 11th - Forres Mechanics v ICT at Mosset Park, Forres - GAME OFF

Thursday 12th - Lossiemouth v ICT at Grant Park, Lossiemouth, 7:30pm kick off

Saturday 14th - Elgin City v ICT at Borough Briggs, Elgin, 3pm kick off

Wednesday 18th - Deveronvale v ICT at Princes Royal Park, Banff, 7:30pm kick off

Thursday 19th - Muir of Ord v ICT at Muir of Ord, 7:30pm kick off

Tuesday 24th - Brechin City v ICT at Glebe Park, Brechin, 7:30pm kick off

Wednesday 25th - Wick Academy v ICT at Harmsworth Park, Wick, 7:30pm kick off

Any chance we can get a more glamourous preseason next season? I'm sure there'll be a few teams up for testing the mighty ICT.

Just a note of caution. Were are still in January and we have achieved a great deal in terms of ICT but in the eyes of the football world we will be judged in May. We'll see who may want to play us then. Barcelona or Buckie Thitle?