FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Deadline set for contract renewals.....

Libero

I see the story on the official site also says that Butcher has agreed to give Tokely, Gillet and Jones more time to decide.

They don't need more time to decide, they just want more time to arrange better deals elsewhere!

Courier online has some more info as renegade suggested

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/One-more-in-one-more-out-at-Caley-Thistle-01062012.htm

BILLY McKay is the latest Caley Thistle player to sign a new two-year contract but it appears Thomas Piermayr will be leaving the SPL club.

Manager Terry Butcher has also given Kenny Gillet, Ross Tokely and Owain Tudur Jones more time to decide whether to accept new deals.

Read more >

I thought Jones would be desperate to snap up any deal. If ICT was the best he could get last year due to injury problems, then spent the whole year injured, what's changed? Maybe we're offering him less due to being inury-prone. Not a bad idea. Just wish we had at least tried Proctor in that role.

feck me - we are agreeing !! :ponder: Jones doesnt deserve an improved contract - he has to earn one. Suspect that he may also have found the going tough and may also have expected a regular place. Holding midfield was always Proctor's forte, even as a "back up" player - you appear to have a good memory so you may have recalled me saying that on a few occasions.

Jones looked quality when he got some game time, able to put his foot on the ball and look up. Just what we need if he can get over his fear of serious injury again.

Whats the point of setting a deadlines, if you have no intention of sticking to it

The deadline was for feedback and not a firm decision - Piermayr has signalled his intent - presumably the others have made a statement and wish to consider further - which of course is not wholly encouraging.

It's interesting to note how many players come to ICT saying how big a pull Terry Butcher is for them when they decide to come to the club. But how big a pull for them is he in making them want to stay?

It's pathetic. Those who have not signed clearly don't want to be here. If they do sign it will only be because nobody gave them a better offer. If what Kenny Cameron said is true that good progress is being made with identifying replacements then there would be no need to give those who haven't signed more time. It is noticable that other clubs are signing players who were with us last year and who we wanted to keep but there is nobody new who wants to sign for us. There is no evidence that there are players lining up to come North. Extending the deadline tells the world we have nodoby lined up and that we are desparate.

I know Terry has unearthed some good players in the past and he may manage to again but the signs are not good at the moment. I will be surprised if we end up with a squad as good as we had last year and I think most will agree that we actually need a squad that is better. So, in response to another thread, yes, I'm worried.

It's pathetic. Those who have not signed clearly don't want to be here. If they do sign it will only be because nobody gave them a better offer. If what Kenny Cameron said is true that good progress is being made with identifying replacements then there would be no need to give those who haven't signed more time. It is noticable that other clubs are signing players who were with us last year and who we wanted to keep but there is nobody new who wants to sign for us. There is no evidence that there are players lining up to come North. Extending the deadline tells the world we have nodoby lined up and that we are desparate.

I know Terry has unearthed some good players in the past and he may manage to again but the signs are not good at the moment. I will be surprised if we end up with a squad as good as we had last year and I think most will agree that we actually need a squad that is better. So, in response to another thread, yes, I'm worried.

I will be astonished if we end up with a squad as good as last year and in my opinion that was one of our weakest ever

• Agree 1

Terry, I’ve never earned a lot of money in my career and have never demanded much from the club, but there are limits. I just wonder if the you just really want me or are you putting the onus on me to turn it down?

Listen lege end, There obviously comes a time when people have to move on. When I fecked Grant Munro off he moved on with great dignity. Now Grant is back in the SPL with Ross County — and deservedly so (chuckle, chuckle)”