FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary Warren

County1966

Shoot! sussed out again.

You guys should remember what an employee once said to me after I fired him for not doing what I telt him to do.

He says, huffily..."You get more with honey than with with vinegar...." ...ah was younger then and didn't suffer fools gladly in them thar days. Now I am more laid back and more crafty.....

So be nice to the older fella --he's got his beady eye on you and I repeat, Scotty is a master of the design and deserves all the praise he can get.

I still like you, County, and you are a breath of fresh air, but go carefully into the night, dear boy, or old Scarlet might conjure up one of these witches in the book and she'll give you a right scare when you least expect it. Aye, rite enuff. Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.

Meantime, bring some more of your pals on here, mun--go on, we like yer footie although there are, apparently, no hard tackles. That Swallow lad took my fancy-- is he in it for the club or just to feather his own nest, like ...eh? :wave:

Oiiiiii leave Swallow alone :redcard: Yes cracking player but tends to go down a bit to easy and refs have sussed him out already :blink: got him when released from Brizzle Rovers :crazy:

...the older fella --he's got his beady eye on you...

I still like you... but go carefully into the night, dear boy, or old Scarlet might... give you a right scare when you least expect it.

That Swallow lad took my fancy...

tends to go down a bit to easy

:amazed:

I'll leave you chaps to it then!

:blush:

Here's a question for the Newport fan.

I remember back in the 80's when watching Final Score on Grandstand, that the Newport score was always late and wouldn't come in til about 5pm. I used to think they must always kick off at 3.15 for some reason, but then I heard something about the lack of a telephone at the ground for journalists. Was that the reason?

Ouch, just noticed that Newport lost 1-3 at home last night to "Yate Town" who now reach the 1st round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history. They play in the Southern Football League Division One South and West.

:lol: OCH!

OOPs I didn't say that did I ?

See County , you have to be very careful what you say on here. There are some lurkers around always ready to pounce. Sigh.

Apologies Scarlet - a bit of selective editing there by me.

I could be a tabloid journo with tactics like that.

Here's a question for the Newport fan.

I remember back in the 80's when watching Final Score on Grandstand, that the Newport score was always late and wouldn't come in til about 5pm. I used to think they must always kick off at 3.15 for some reason, but then I heard something about the lack of a telephone at the ground for journalists. Was that the reason?

Yes we used to kick off late due to the Steelworkers at Llanwern on Saturday they worked 6-2 2-10 10-6 so they kicked off at 7 for midweek games for them to get to work for nights

I know this as im a steelworker myself but in Port Talbot these days but Llanwern is still open but just mills these days

Ouch, just noticed that Newport lost 1-3 at home last night to "Yate Town" who now reach the 1st round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history. They play in the Southern Football League Division One South and West.

Yes hands up Yate where the better side on the night, We can now concentrate on the league :blink:

• 1 month later...

Gary has been a great signing for us, strong in defence, and dangerous when he goes forward for corners/free kicks. I just hope he remains injury free for the rest of the season.

It seems as if you Newport fans arn't really missing him either. So its a win/win for both of us.

The past month we have Berks we where top slipped down to third now and gone form conceding the lowest goals in conference to giving goals away!!

Should have been away to Gateshead this Saturday but due to the weather now rearranged back down to us :amazed:

Warren has recently been played as more of a traditional centre half. Prior to that he had been playing in more of a two joint central defenders. He played well before but he certainly looks far more impressive when he is given the more dominant role. He is not the quickest and I feel that he has struggled with pace but is supreme when he is given the role of being the chosen one in the air and plays with a sweeper.

What do the sheep shagging population of South Wales fink of that.

Warren has recently been played as more of a traditional centre half. Prior to that he had been playing in more of a two joint central defenders. He played well before but he certainly looks far more impressive when he is given the more dominant role. He is not the quickest and I feel that he has struggled with pace but is supreme when he is given the role of being the chosen one in the air and plays with a sweeper.

What do the sheep shagging population of South Wales fink of that.