FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Safe Standing

Philip

First off I apologise if this has been discussed previously.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/289210-explained-how-safe-standing-would-work-in-scotland/

Is this something which the club could take the lead on and set an example to the rest of the SPL?

The lack of atmosphere at home games is well renowned and in my opinion the prawn sandwich brigade's almost constant negativity effects our home performances, could this be a possible solution?

I for one fully support the safe standing campaign.

Edited by phileephilop
  • Agree 1

There's already a number of threads on this subject, but I'll give my tuppence worth again.....

Stadium law/legislation in Scotland does not state that a person must sit....you can happily stand at any event in any stadium in this country other than an SPL match because "you must sit" is an SPL directive.

By simply leaving Health and Safety issues to those charged with implementing it, then people could stand at SPL games without issue.

At roughly £120 each (fitted) they'd be mugs to spend money installing them....what clubs need to do (since ultimately it's clubs who make decisions on SPL policy) is stop paying lip service to this nonsense and just let people stand....it really is that easy!!!

• Agree 1

What will they do if the new league proposals are accepted when the bottom 4 teams of the Premier play the top 4 of the Champiomship (if thats what they call it) the fans will be sitting at some grounds and standing at others!

It‘s very simple.

Take for example the top 10 rows of the north stand.

Kenny Cameron or Peter Macallam tell the stewarding company (that ICT employ) that this is a standing area. The fans come in (one fan to a seat) standing and watch the game. They arent blocking any views and if the stewards regulate it so that it is one person standing per seat then it is ‘safe‘........ (Insert Meerkat gif)

I'm really good at standing, I've been standing most of my life and touch wood, so far it hasn't killed me or anybody else near by.

Why is standing considered so dangerous at an SPL game? Don't you have to stand up when walking in and out of a stadium?

I'm posting this while standing.

Edited by clacher_holiday2
  • Agree 1

It was always my understanding that CTO policy was not to allow standing while posting. Although on some threads it was a more relaxed policing strategy I'm not sure if it's strictly enforced on this one. Hope you're not in trouble Clacher.

At roughly £120 each (fitted) they'd be mugs to spend money installing them....what clubs need to do (since ultimately it's clubs who make decisions on SPL policy) is stop paying lip service to this nonsense and just let people stand....it really is that easy!!!

I would pay a 1 off fee for that

Never thought I'd fibd myself agreeing with CC but that echoes my sentiments above. Easy to make the back 3 rows of sections D,E & F standing or similar. Jamie I agree I'd happily pay a lump sum alongside my season ticket renewal in the summer for this!

Edited by phileephilop

From the above article.....

It has also emerged that the club winning the title will give up £315,000 from their prize money which presently stands at £2.7m, with the runners-up also surrendering a substantial sum from the £2.4m currently on offer.

The biggest clubs have agreed to the cuts to fund the proposed changes and ensure a fairer distribution of cash throughout the divisions.

Great gesture by our Chairman don't you think!!!

• Agree 1