FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Club Anthem/Song.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I seen on Reporting Scotland today that Kilmarnock have adopted, Marie Osmand's, Paper Roses as their club song so i was wondering if it would be a good idea for us to adopt a song and if so, what Song?

Kilmarnock isn't the only club to do this as Hibs have Sunshine on Leith, Celtic have Fields of Anthenry and You'll never walk alone and Rangers have Simply the best.

I am not wanting this thread to turn into a criticism of our crowd thread by the way, just your thoughts on this idea.

Not mess her celery, yngwie. Although I'll expand on your point and say they sometimes turn into a chant for an individual player (or sometimes forum goer).

If the club did adopt a song, would it not be 'Caledonia'. Or is that too obvious?

• Agree 1

I've heard this before but I'm only 12 so never heard it at the stadium before. I've seen people say that no one sang along but I'd like to see it myself. I was thinking that if ICT got a new anthem it would have to be something that was slower and something that you could actually sing at a football match. To be honest in my mind, singing Bring it on home would be awkward at a football match. Do we need a new anthem that would be more appealing to us or should "Bring It On Home" come back.

Guest Mahonio

Damn, this has already been discussed in the past and it was me who started the discussion, sorry.

Edited by Mahonio

At away games we sing take my hand.

Do we?

The song that us oldies know as 'can't help falling in love' was famously covered by Elvis Presley.

It's been covered by UB40 and adopted by many football clubs including, unfortunately, Airdrie's Section B, so if you belt it out at Firhill or many other grounds in the west of Scotland you won't be very popular.

A shame, as it's a fine song, and probably the best airing of it this season was at TCS during the Friday night rogering of the Shadows, when the song was interrupted halfway through by Aaron Doran's goal.

• Agree 1