FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Europe:- The Final Countdown

tm4tj

Can't rely on Motherwell we need to do the business ourselves in Dingwall next week and the players need to regroup and atone for yesterday's disappointing performance.

Ross County can no longer qualify for Europe themselves but will still be highly motivated to rain on our parade. Maybe it's umbrellas we should take to Dingwall rather than beach balls and sombreros.

• Agree 1

I don't encourage supporting injuries but Richard Britian is leaving the pitch on a stretcher.

Sounds quite serious, as he's left the stadium on a stretcher taking oxygen. Not a good sign for him or County. I wish him well (but not before next week's game!!).

Think St J might just be willing to let him out of his agreement now.

An amazing climax to the season next Sunday, it's been the best SPL for years and the fact the Orcs are absent is certainly no coincidence

To be honest I'm not overly confident about next Sunday as the pressure is all on us, County now have nothing to play for but the fact they have failed to beat us this season should be motivation itself

Think the key will be the first twenty minutes and how quick we can settle into the game as it will be played at a frantic pace, providing we don't concede an early goal I think we could nick it but it will be close and patience is the important factor

Awful feeling the likes of Fraser,Munro and Vigurs could have a final say in the proceedings or the result but I'll be delighted if this was not the case

Surely this time we will sell our allocation despite failing miserably to do so in the two previous derby games in Dingwall

I'm going to predict a draw in Dingwall and hopefully a draw or a defeat for the Saints in Perth enabling us to sneak into Europe through the side door

Dougal

An amazing climax to the season next Sunday, it's been the best SPL for years and the fact the Orcs are absent is certainly no coincidence

To be honest I'm not overly confident about next Sunday as the pressure is all on us, County now have nothing to play for but the fact they have failed to beat us this season should be motivation itself

Think the key will be the first twenty minutes and how quick we can settle into the game as it will be played at a frantic pace, providing we don't concede an early goal I think we could nick it but it will be close and patience is the important factor

Awful feeling the likes of Fraser,Munro and Vigurs could have a final say in the proceedings or the result but I'll be delighted if this was not the case

Surely this time we will sell our allocation despite failing miserably to do so in the two previous derby games in Dingwall

I'm going to predict a draw in Dingwall and hopefully a draw or a defeat for the Saints in Perth enabling us to sneak into Europe through the side door

Dougal

How the hell are we sneaking in to Europe. We are the team in third place. St J are the ones who have to catch us.

• Agree 2

If we are lucky enough to get over the line next week you can be sure Dougal will see the negative side of it.

Nah qualifying for Europe would be a progressive step for the club and I would see that as a positive to be honest

As ive stated on another thread my only worries would be getting a bad humping by a club from Ireland or some other diddy country which could do more damage than good for the long season ahead when expectations are now higher than they ever were before due to this seasons success

It all depends on the draw, realistically we are looking at only one tie, I can't see many travelling to some hovel in Albania or Kazackstan can you?

Dougal

If we are lucky enough to get over the line next week you can be sure Dougal will see the negative side of it.

Nah qualifying for Europe would be a progressive step for the club and I would see that as a positive to be honest

As ive stated on another thread my only worries would be getting a bad humping by a club from Ireland or some other diddy country which could do more damage than good for the long season ahead when expectations are now higher than they ever were before due to this seasons success

It all depends on the draw, realistically we are looking at only one tie, I can't see many travelling to some hovel in Albania or Kazackstan can you?

Dougal

Dougal, are we not seen by many as a diddy country? If we do get beat by one of those teams you suggest then so be it. The joy in this achievement isn't the winning or losing its getting there. Getting there as the third best team in Scotland. I wouldnt think many would expect us to go past the round we're drawn in. Thats not a reflection on ICT but more on the quality and standard of football in this country. We are ranked 78 in the world just now. In 2007 we were 14. Ireland are 39, Albania 43 That shows how far our standard has dropped in the last few years.

I'd say to anyone.........enjoy the moment. It may never happen again. Teams bigger than us have fallen at the first hurdle so be proud to just be there.

• Agree 1

I can't see many travelling to some hovel in Albania or Kazackstan can you?

Dougal

Why - we go to Dundee and that is a HOVEL!!!

HOI! Cheeky wee sod. I might suggest that Kazaghstan would be a cracking place to go. Certainly no worse than the hulltoon or whitfield

:wink:

Dougal

Based on that logic we should just withdraw from competitive football all together.

Dundee is a fine place. Used to do gigs there a lot and recall fighting our way out of a local chippy when a riot broke out among the locals over the last saveloy (quite difficult - but not impossible - to keep your fish supper in one piece while punching a ned's neb) then our roadie got squarely nutted (broken nose, A&E, stitches etc) at the club afterwards. Friendly place, grand night....

I don't think we'd have anything to fear from some of the more far flung places - mind you I guess Sneck is far flung if you're from Tirana 

Edited by Bluesman