FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who is our new Goalie?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Well, Germany's women's team goalie Nadine Angerer is looking for a new challenge. She certainly has the level to play SPL, is a double World Champion, triple European Champion and didn't concede a single goal when Germany won the title in 2007, saving a penalty in the final against Brazil.

You can laugh now, but there's some precedence: Forward Birgit Prinz had a serious offer to play for a Serie A team in the late 1990s, and I know at least two female goalies in higher to top level men's ice hockey.

• Agree 1

I believe that we will be making our one experienced Scottish signing to cover that position.

What is Jimmy Calder up to these days ?

Was speaking to Jimmy the other day. No chance of Jimmy stepping in, he prefers to go shopping with the missus, has no interest in the game any more :ohmy:

Steve Harper recently retired from Newcastle is looking for a club  I wonder if the offer of a coaching role may encourage him to join ICT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18206138

On a months loan at Brighton, but Brighton have first team goalkeeper,  He would be a great  and a loan signing after Brighton

Edited by Laurence

Wouldnt be surprised to see Damian Martinez, Deyan Iliev, James Shea or Josh Vickers in. All Goalkeepers in the Arsenal youth academy so can maybe see one of them arriving here.

I see that Martinez has been capped at the U20 level for Argentina.  Could be a good signing if he was to come.

I watched Martinez in that game against Reading a few months back, 5-7. He seemed okay but I suppose that was a night for scoring. I remember he made one good save from close range so tbh I wouldn't mind him and he'll probably have a tiny bit of experience training with the likes of Szezscny, Fabianski and the other keeper.

And what would you suggest happens to the current goalkeeping coach Laurence? Dont think our club could afford two of them.

Alex you are always having a pop at me again - Have you nothing better to do?

Find someone else to sound off against with your puerile views

You are not telling me Steve Harper is not better than anything we have in the goalkeeping dept. at the club or in the e SPl  for that matter other than Celtic who have a worldie in goal When players get to a certain age they are looking for a coaching role, a bit of experience will help him in his future development. I don't know if he has his badges.

Saying we can't afford Harper I agree, that is why I said get him to do some coaching, and I said " coaching"  not just goalkeeping, *we sure need a good coach, our set pieces are all over the place, our throw ins are rubbish",  I thought that could be an incentive. 

Go and have a pop at someone else for a change.

You talk to me like I'm dumb or something. I have been around a long time. I was a Senior Fire Service Officer for a very long time. I ran a whole Time Fire Station for years. I don't need preaching at. I know wages are a big thing in a football club, I wasn't born yesterday.

End of rant

No one is suggesting that you are 'dumb' Laurence but, for a man of such experience, you do sometimes come over as terribly naive

Leaving all other arguments aside, you are suggesting a player well outwith our sort of budget even if we were to offer him some coaching experience and you seem to be totally overlooking the fact that the incumbent in that role is also proving himself one of the most able scouts in the country.

Just what are you suggesting Steve Harper could bring to our club and at what expense ? For that matter, just what is it you think we could offer the player ?

And what would you suggest happens to the current goalkeeping coach Laurence? Dont think our club could afford two of them.

Alex you are always having a pop at me again - Have you nothing better to do?

Find someone else to sound off against with your puerile views

You are not telling me Steve Harper is not better than anything we have in the goalkeeping dept. at the club or in the e SPl  for that matter other than Celtic who have a worldie in goal When players get to a certain age they are looking for a coaching role, a bit of experience will help him in his future development. I don't know if he has his badges.

Saying we can't afford Harper I agree, that is why I said get him to do some coaching, and I said " coaching"  not just goalkeeping, *we sure need a good coach, our set pieces are all over the place, our throw ins are rubbish",  I thought that could be an incentive. 

You talk to me like I'm dumb or something. I have been around a long time. I was a Senior Fire Service Officer for a very long time. I ran a whole Time Fire Station for years. I don't need preaching at. I know wages are a big thing in a football club, I wasn't born yesterday.

End of rant

WOW!

http://movieclips.com/a8Vq-a-fish-called-wanda-movie-dont-call-me-stupid/

Don't you think Rainbow's suggestion of a top class lady goalie has some intriguing possibilities? Imagine her emulating Mr Calder 's antics on the bar. IHE would be sure to wake up to that eh? The crowd might be on fire too and we could always send for Laurence in his fire engine to add to the fun.

It would certainly draw more attention to the club, raising our profile even more from incredible to astoundingly ambitious, multi-coloured even.

After all don't we have a lady physio or something already. She might have to wear tender-place- protectors though like Boudica or, as CB might recount in a moment of high -flown academic accuracy reflection, Boadicea; the bird in the Battle Wagon who fought the Romans a loooong time ago. :smile:

The crowds might triple for heaven's sake.

• Agree 2