FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Extending Dean Brills loan deal

Libero

Almost 2 months after the Courier reported that talks to secure Brill permanently were at "an advanced stage", they are pretty much saying the same thing again today, suggesting that we hope to have him tied up this week.

Here's hoping.

Think the previous story was about extending his loan beyond Christmas .... this seems to be about a permanent deal which is far better IMHO. No disrespect to Ryan Esson, who is a fine keeper, but that's a fair chunk of each of the last two seasons now where he has either been injured or kept out of the side by his 'understudy' ..... are his days numbered?

@ICTFC have agreed a 2-year deal with Dean Brill - although that could now be thrown into doubt if Terry Butcher goes to @HibernianFCClub

Good news if true and I dont see why it would be thrown in doubt. Any deal will be between Brill and ICT and I would imagine between ICT and Luton as they still have him contracted to end of season.

@ICTFC have agreed a 2-year deal with Dean Brill - although that could now be thrown into doubt if Terry Butcher goes to @HibernianFCClub

Good news if true and I dont see why it would be thrown in doubt. Any deal will be between Brill and ICT and I would imagine between ICT and Luton as they still have him contracted to end of season.

Indeed, the general feel around here is that everyone seems to think that the players only stay for the manager. What happened to club pride? To playing at a highly achieving club? Terry Butcher has done very well, and has brought a lot to the club, but in the end of the day, all deals are made between ICT and what ever club the deal is being made with at the time. Not between two managers.