FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

How would old Caley fans feel if our home strips were red and black vertical stripes ? I suspect they would feel that was wrong and inappropriate. Well, our home strip being solid blue is no less wrong and inappropriate.

Absolutely.  In our history, we've only had one shirt that had more red than blue* and even that was cutting it fine.  Predominantly blue shirts again and again in the mostly blue "Caledonian" Stadium.  From the outside looking in, this looks like less of a merger and more of a takeover.  If I was an old Thistle fan, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I still live in hope that it'll be stripes (though hoops may be an interesting design), but I won't be very pleased and certainly won't be buying it if it's another poorly designed predominantly blue kit with apologetic hints of black and red.

* This one _1850075_miketeasdale300.jpg

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

How would old Caley fans feel if our home strips were red and black vertical stripes ? I suspect they would feel that was wrong and inappropriate. Well, our home strip being solid blue is no less wrong and inappropriate.

Think we need to move on tbh. I actually like our current red and black away strip so don't have any issues.

• Agree 1

Think we need to move on tbh. I actually like our current red and black away strip so don't have any issues.

Why are Thistle relegated to the away shirt?  It should be an equally coloured home shirt (red and blue with black and white trim).  That should be our identity.

• Agree 1

Why are Thistle relegated to the away shirt?  It should be an equally coloured home shirt (red and blue with black and white trim).  That should be our identity.

What I'm saying is it wouldn't bother me personally if the strip home or away was red or black. Think folk make too much of this nowadays. Just my opinion.

• Agree 1

What I'm saying is it wouldn't bother me personally if the strip home or away was red or black. Think folk make too much of this nowadays. Just my opinion.

Says Old CALEY Girl. If it is all blue then there won't be a penny from me. Is it a parting gift for Tommy Cumming? He will be delighted. If it is true it is a true 2 fingers to our history.

I also think lots of red and blue together looks cool!  :smile:

The current home top is rotten, looks like a train carpet IMO. New one is bold to say the least.

I always thought it bared more resemblance to the seats on the Megabus!

• Agree 1

As somebody who grew up supporting ICT and not a glimmer of any bullsh*t from before in sight, I've always been fond of Stripes. Fairly equal measures honouring both old sides just seems adequate to me. Obviously it all comes down to the board and such ultimately but I'll still be livid if it's not Stripes.

Hell. I suppose I'de be alright if it was just red AND blue and none of this predominantly blue malarkey.

Grew up with ICT being red and blue bar a few seasons, why change it now.

Just delves further into seeming we don't know what we want to be. Shame.

• Agree 5

I like the stripes but more blue or red? Couldn't care less. Just hope it looks decent. Perhaps ICT should have gone for a totally different colour from the offset to avoid these type of arguments, probably didn't think they'd still be going on after 20 years though.

• Agree 2

The club is referred to as "Caley" by most so it makes perfect sense to wear a blue strip . Hopefully some of Caleys success will rub off on ICT .

You mean you hope we might win some Highland League titles and the odd Qualifying and North of Scotland Cup ?

• Agree 1

Don't understand how some folk don't care. What's wrong with having individuality, identity and an image that sets up apart from the rest.

Or are we all just worried we'll be confused with Crystal Palace. I hear that's a major problem.

• Agree 1

Don't understand how some folk don't care. What's wrong with having individuality, identity and an image that sets up apart from the rest.

Or are we all just worried we'll be confused with Crystal Palace. I hear that's a major problem.

Not sure if that was a response to me but as I said l like the stripes, they are a bit different. The whole red/blue argument I don't care about. We should have a canary yellow / shocking pink strip. That would be distinctive.

Trying to find a blend between two strikingly different kits is always going to be difficult, particularly when the two clubs played in blue/white and red/black.

Mucking about with different designs every few years leaves us 'wide open' to accusations of not knowing our own identity and being an artificial club.

We need to have a consistent , recognisable identity - and this should have been addressed at the outset. Obviously, the debate had more to do with the feasibility of such a club, rather than what colours it would be wearing. But, rightly so - a time-scale had to be met.

However, this constant changing of kit is pathetic.

Ask a football fan in the street to name the colours of Scotland's clubs:

Celtic - green/white hoops

Ross County - navy blue

Aberdeen - red

St Mirren - black/white stripes

Hibs - green/white arms

Dundee Utd - tangerine

Hearts - maroon

The Rangers - blue

Kilmarnock - blu/white stripes

Motherwell - amber

Dundee - navy blue

St Johnstone - blue

Elgin - black?white stripes

etc.

ICT - Nobody knows.

And we wonder why we're still considered a joke club?!

Yes, it may take 60 years or more until the last Thistle or Caley fan 'passes on', leaving the debate behind, but surely, in the present, can't we find an identity, a unity, a consistent set of colours that we're recognised by?

• Agree 1

Sorry, Renegade. I meant, basically, we need to decide - stripes or not! Other clubs tend not to vary from their historical pattern. Can't we make our minds up!

We need to do something to set us apart from the rest and stripes seem the most logical way to do it.  In my experience talking to ICT fans on here and at matches etc., the vast majority seem to want stripes.  The board don't seem interested though for some reason.  This chopping and changing is a lot of nonsense.  Twenty years old now and we still don't seem to know what we are.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

The club is referred to as "Caley" by most so it makes perfect sense to wear a blue strip . Hopefully some of Caleys success will rub off on ICT .

Outsiders call us Inverness.  Nearly everyone i know in the central belt know us as that.

Outsiders call us Inverness.  Nearly everyone i know in the central belt know us as that.

That's my experience as well.  In Inverness from what I've found, we're usually called Caley or Caley Thistle. Almost everyone to a man and woman I've spoken to about ICT referred to us as Inverness.  One person I know was really surprised when I informed him of this as well!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1