FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Parking!!!!

madsooz

Grrrrrrrrr!!! Am I the only one who thinks that life is ending when the car park is being emptied after a match?? I have never come across such a shower of inconpetenet numpties as the stewards who "try" to get the cars out. I had the misfortune to be at the Rangers' match (not the watching of the match I might hasten to add!!) and I sat for 45 mins waiting to get out of the car park. Who organises it? Who do I moan to officially? Heeeellllpppp!!!

Personally I hang around for a bit of a natter till the majority gets out.

Couple of problems: In all fairness to the stewards they are up against people who want to turn right when the police wont let them but most of all they are up against very selfish, inconsiderate people who will not accept that the guys and girls are trying to get everyone out quickly but instead insist on queue jumping. If everyone would be a bit more patient things would happen quicker.

I totally agree about the actions of plenty of selfish people who just aren't prepared to wait their turn - I think they are probably in the minority - but surely there could be some better way of filling/emptying the car park rather than what is being done just now. I wish I knew what this brilliant way might be so that life could be made easier for everyone involved?? How do other clubs manage? Can the local polis suggest anything better seeing as they're traffic management experts?? I live in eternal hope, but meanwhile there's no way I'm parking at the stadium on Sunday or I might have to take a flask, sandwiches and a sleeping bag with me!!!!

Had to laugh at the suggestions that local police could do better.

It took me 45 minutes to get from Fraser Street, up Queensgate and round to Union Street this afternoon due to the town grinding to a total halt and the Traffic Wardens running around mad trying to get things moving again.

25 Minutes sitting waiting to turn right into Union St without turning a wheel  :015:

Well, Immortal Howden Ender, what a really constructive answer to the problem!!! Trouble is, it's not really all that handy having to walk all the way in from Nairn??? At the end of the day it's my choice to park at the stadium, but I don't think I'm being that unreasonable to wonder if there's a more effective way to empty the car park. Maybe you can't afford a car though with all the shoe leather you wear out doing all that walking?

As for the traffic problems within the town centre - roadworks, layouts of old streets, busy weekend traffic anyway - don't supoose these things enter into the equation either?? What the traffic problems in the town have to do with how the car park is emptied escapes me, but reading the answers I'm getting here, I suppose global warming will be blamed next!

' Well, Immortal Howden Ender, what a really constructive answer to the problem!!! Trouble is, it's not really all that handy having to walk all the way in from Nairn??? At the end of the day it's my choice to park at the stadium, but I don't think I'm being that unreasonable to wonder if there's a more effective way to empty the car park. Maybe you can't afford a car though with all the shoe leather you wear out doing all that walking'

What i think Johndo means is that by all means take your motor to sneck, but dont park at the stadium if you need away sharpish.

I have not parked at the stadium for a long time, if get there early enough you can park near the courier office area, you will get away a hellofalot quicker.

As for the traffic problems within the town centre - roadworks, layouts of old streets, busy weekend traffic anyway - don't supoose these things enter into the equation either?? What the traffic problems in the town have to do with how the car park is emptied escapes me, but reading the answers I'm getting here, I suppose global warming will be blamed next!

Let me spell it out.........You suggested that local police could give advice and I was pointing out that their handling of traffic elsewhere in the City wasn't really likely to back up their ability to sort out a car park.

Let me know if I've used too many big words.

Wooooo! Don't IHE and CaleyD get wound up easily???

IHE - enjoy ursel getting pished - only hope you can concentrate enough on the game with wet pants!

CaleyD - nothing wrong with my spelling and my understanding of the english language thanks. Hilarious that my comments about emptying a car park have encouraged you to get invoved in a local constabulary-bashing exercise!

Guest donmac298

"Let me spell it out", Caley D you consistently use "their" when it should be "there" but don't take this observation to heart!  I know, I know, no doubt you will get your own back next time I mis-spell a word!

Was well pished off yesterday. Normally try to park down by the salt dump for a quick getaway.

Yesterday, got Mrs Mantis to come by the stadium at full time from the harbour end to pick us up. However the plod in charge decided to make the traffic wait till he had emptied the ENTIRE away car park. This despite loads of hornblowing from the queued traffic on the road.

"Let me spell it out", Caley D you consistently use "their" when it should be "there" but don't take this observation to heart!  I know, I know, no doubt you will get your own back next time I mis-spell a word!

Maybe has done this elsewhere, but in this thread the word 'their' as opposed to 'there' or 'they're' was used correctly -- i.e. as a possessive pronoun