FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gretna Brain wave

Would it work for us and County ?

GRETNA have opened talks to offer a joint season ticket for Motherwell fans next season.

The SPL newcomers are preparing for life away from their own Raydale Park as their top-flight games will be staged at Fir Park. Gretna fans face a 160-mile round trip for home matches and there are fears of poor crowds.

But the promoted club last night revealed they have started discussions about the possibility of enticing Well fans to watch them when Maurice Malpas' team are on long-distance away trips.

Plans are at an eary stage but Gretna chief executive Graeme Muir last night outlined the idea. Muir said: "People want to watch SPL football every week.

"Brooks Mileson, myself and Motherwell are trying to figure out how we could do it.

"If Motherwell are at Aberdeen, for example, some of the fans who don't want to travel might prefer to watch Gretna play the likes of Hibs.

Sounds like a cry for help to me. Can't really see it working some how, as Kencar says, it costs enough to watch SPL games as it is.

Guest kingkojak

ach.. but gretna dont need fans to pay to watch them as uncle brooks pays for everything anyway! 

i doubt even if brooksy opened the gates for free every week  they would manage to get anywhere near our average home gate.....

and thats not good!

I see what you mean jamie ictfc.

And if you've got 5000 Gretna fans watching Motherwell v. Rangers, which end do they go to?

What colours would they wear?

Would there be anyone left in Gretna?

Presumably such an arrangement would be geared to assist Gretna, but I can't really see Motherwell fans turning out in their thousands to watch Gretna.

It could actually work for us and County because of the proximity of the two grounds, if home games were co-ordinated. I know a few people who will happily go and watch whichever team is playing at home