FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup next round draw

RossP

I didn't realise that there was a seeding system for the next round of the League Cup, but i'll definitely take the likes of East Fife ahead of Celtic!!

*that is of no disrespect to East Fife, as they did what we couldn't do against St Mirren!! Really glad of it as well!!

If we can get through this next round, the Q/F could bring some much needed revenue and the possibility of a Final  :clapping03:

Seeded

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Kilmarnock

Hibernian

Falkirk

Inverness CT

Unseeded

Dundee United

Motherwell

Dunfermline Athletic

Gretna

Dundee

Hamilton Academical

Partick Thistle

East Fife

seeded teams cannot face each other - they will face one of the unseeded teams - means for example we cant draw Celtic or Rangers ! Seedings are based on league positions so we made it into the seedings ahead of Motherwell and Dundee United

seeded teams cannot face each other - they will face one of the unseeded teams - means for example we cant draw Celtic or Rangers ! Seedings are based on league positions so we made it into the seedings ahead of Motherwell and Dundee United

where the **** are the SFL getting these league standings??

Guest Chemist

any of them at home, apart from murrwell, and maybe arabs, or plastic whistle, or dundee, or the millionaire villagers, or Hammeltin, or the pars, and methils full of mercenaries this year. On the other hand just not murrwell.

The draw is as follows:-

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Gretna

East Fife v Rangers

Falkirk v Dundee United

Dundee v Celtic

Hearts v Dunfermline Athletic

Hamilton Academical v Kilmarnock

Hibernian v Motherwell

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

Dates for ties.

Third Round:- Tuesday 25th or Wednesday 26th September, 2007

couldnt have picked a better draw to be honest.

we will go into the game showing the opposition alot of respect, which will inevitably lead to us crushing them 4-0, wiping out whatever little confidence they had in their ability to stay in this league once and for all

so far every team thats come up against gretna have said they are the worst spl team theyve seen in years, we'll need to prove it!

I agree with clacher, great opportunity to start the rot and get us off and running.

Buoyed by our good performances in the last two games this is the chance to kick Gretna while they are still down, lose this one and I will start to worry.

<<looks over his shoulder smiley>>

Guest Arab4Ever

notice the OF got the two shitest teams in the draw... and you can bet your *** they wont meet until the final assuming neither gets knocked out. :rolleyes02:

or am i paranoid? :024:

Guest Chemist

This will give us some momentum too. 4 home games out of 5 now - Hearts, Gretna in cup, Falkirk, away to naismithless killie, and home again to Aberdire. Should then be above Gretna by the time we meet them at murrwell, looking forward to the quarters.

Probably the besy draw we could have had