FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That song aimed at Dean Shiels...

davieB

Well, a Hibee supporter approached me after the game as we walked back to our minibus and was rather irate.

He said "that was out of order that song I was singing", I said I was not singing, and what was he referring to, he said"the song about Dean Shiels, it's a disgrace, worse than the old firm, they get slammed for biggotry but that was out of order, a fekkin disgrace, we should be ashamed of these fans"

I agree, we don't need to stoop that low, it may have a hint of humour, but it is not my cup of tea.

Please stop this inappropriate chant, we are better than this.

And who called the goalie a feckin Banana ?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was quick to berate the comment, but I have to put my hands up and apologise.

For those not at the match, the Hibs Keeper was dressed head to toe in Yellow, he also happened to be coloured.  Had he been white then not a second thought would have been made on the comment about him being a big banana.  Unfortunately we live in a society where it is only acceptable to make comments towards white male heterosexuals and we are all to quick to jump to the wrong conclusion when circumstances are otherwise.

The comment was completely innocent and the person who said it should not feel any need to defend themselves, in fact, he should not be expected to defend himself.

Well said big D, the keeper was bedecked in a banana like strip and the comment I thought was in good humour.

Who would have thought a six foot seven inch banana would ever play in goals for Hibs :dancing01: :dancing01:

correct davedargo, he does only have one eye..........or i..............but we should be above the one brain cell required to find a decent song

Small time chant, same as the usual 'hiv' shyte.

Makes us look stupid.  Vocal support good - this sort of ***** bad.  Somene should havce a word.

I heard an embarrassing 'HIV capital' chant at Tynecastle last year on one of my few awaydays.

And we wonder why some players don't want to move to Inverness

Whilst I don't condone the singing of the song (it was always going to reflect badly on the club and its supporters), I do see that it was intended as a humorous pun and not as a direct insult towards the player. Maybe you should have sung "There's only one 'I' in Shiels" and more people might have got it.

As it was I that started the song I can only apologise to all that were offended.  I will say in my defence that there was never an issue when aimed at Gilbert.  Also, the We've Mariaus Nicolie, you've all got e-coli song at Paisley was appluaded by almost all the away support, yet people died in this out break.  Seems a bit odd that?  I do apologise again and shall not make up anymore on the spot songs.  So here is to more give me a C....!  Now that does make me cringe!

As it was I that started the song I can only apologise to all that were offended.  I will say in my defence that there was never an issue when aimed at Gilbert.  Also, the We've Mariaus Nicolie, you've all got e-coli song at Paisley was appluaded by almost all the away support, yet people died in this out break.  Seems a bit odd that?  I do apologise again and shall not make up anymore on the spot songs.  So here is to more give me a C....!  Now that does make me cringe!

99.9% of the songs you, or others, make up, are top class GJ, including the one at Love Street.  Some things just shouldn't be joked about though, they're few and far between, but taking the **** out of someone's disability is one of them.

I think we'd all agree, regardless of who he plays for, that Shiels has shown incredible courage and committment to overcome the loss of an eye, and continue to play at the top level.  If anything, he should be regarded as an inspiration for many youngsters, by showing that anything in life is possible.

Keep making up the songs though....just not one-eye ones :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

I think we'd all agree, regardless of who he plays for, that Shiels has shown incredible courage and committment to overcome the loss of an eye, and continue to play at the top level.  If anything, he should be regarded as an inspiration for many youngsters, by showing that anything in life is possible.

I also comend his courage during a difficult time.