FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic V ICT - Matchday Thread

CaleyD

Guest Glen Mhor

We'll come good soon I'm sure of that. ICT are well known to start the season slowly but I'm sure an increase in speed is in the offing.

Always look on the bright side of life .......

:walking03:

My feedback was that we played in much the same vein as at Easter Road - well in the first half anyway. We played some nice stuff and were very unlucky not to score. Celtic scored a third and went into third gear. Playing 4-4-2 was always a suicide tactic. Niculae played some nice touches but is still not mobile enuff. He looks fer passes to his feet and not getting behind defenders. Still - reported to have looked a bit sharper today. We have no killer pace or finish up front. Brew has to come back. Still today was always a hiding to nothing - but there will be no hiding during or after the next two games.

Fair play to IHE for trying to blame the 5-0 defeat purely on our Romainian stiker -we all know his predictable ditribe by now and to say it's getting tiresome is an understatemnet. Its an 11 man game and we simply aren't good enough. Perhaps lining up 4-4-2 against the defending champions wasn't the greatest tactical plan in the world (then again is our manager much of a thinker?) but we stuck to it and got humped!! We always play 4-4-2 come rain, come shine, no matter what!1! Surely we should have some tactical nouse by now??? Other teams come to Celtic park to frustrate. We come to throw ourselves on the sword thats fecking naive  :018:

A thoroughly enjoyable ICT performance..................strange to say.

we do not have a partnership upfront. I thought we were crying out for Brew today alongside Denzil who was great. In fact top marks to all. Celtic were too strong and classy. We will garner plenty points playing like that every week. Well done lads

Scotty......................I remember the 6-0 also...........were you not jet-lagged that day?

My take, from row M, is that we played better than at Easter Road.  We played good football right to the end. Even at five down we were trying. Heads didn't go down. 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 6-3-1 woudn't have made any difference in this game. This Celtic team is a class above any.

As for Brew. I can remember people, during his first stint, complain because he played himself. Comments like 'how can he manage the team from the pitch' spring to mind.

As for Brew. I can remember people, during his first stint, complain because he played himself. Comments like 'how can he manage the team from the pitch' spring to mind.

I thought he would have selected himself to play from the start.... but full credit to him - he knows he has to build a team that can deliver the goods without him playing.

He gave a good interview to Radio Scotland in which he said he had plenty of confidence in the players he selected for this one... I reckon in future he'll restrict himself to a sub's role - coming on if he thinks he can add or contribute something.

As Naelifts says we'll soon collect plenty of points if we continue to play like that....

This is a joke, how can we keep taking positives from the games when we can't win or even score! Fair play some players have good games etc...but it's not really a positive - if the players are playing well and we are still not wining what is positive about that!

Goals need to be scored, even if we lose we should at least manage to put a goal or two past other teams.  Time for a change upfront. Brew better do it sooner rather than later otherwise there won't be a chance to catch up.  The team only need a good win under their belt and their confidence will soar and then we will be on here happy for once!

Don't think anyone seriously expected them to take anything from this one, ictgirl....

They were playing against some of the best defenders in the SPL and as Strachan suggested today - maybe the best goalie in the world...

That aside there were plenty of positives to take from this game...  :022:

Niculae needs a runner to take off into the channels...play the ball and get his arse into a scoring opportunity in the second phase. Both he and Wyness were backs to goal, often only 10 yards from each other, it was just too easy for the Celtic defence. Full marks to both but they cannot play together like they did today.

There's really nobody to criticise from today's performance. 5-0 flattered an excellent Celtic side. Naelifts is right...keep playing like we did v Hibs and today and all will be well.

I thought Brew could've had a look at the subs earlier (once the match was well and truly out of reach) - Deano came on at 85 and didn't touch the ball!

Kencar, Stop being so bitter and get a life !!!

Football is all about opinions and we've just been humped 5-0. I'm not bitter I predicted we'd lose 4-0. I don't like it especially as we more than matched Celtic last year but we are really struggling just now. Lining up 4-4-2 against them was tactically naive. We aren't playing well and better teams than us try and shut up shop at Celtic Park. Maybe playing a different system might have made some difference - we'll never know  :rolleyes02:

Fair play to IHE for trying to blame the 5-0 defeat purely on our Romainian stiker -we all know his predictable ditribe by now and to say it's getting tiresome is an understatemnet.

We always play 4-4-2 come rain, come shine, no matter what!1! Surely we should have some tactical nouse by now??? Other teams come to Celtic park to frustrate. We come to throw ourselves on the sword thats fecking naive  :018:

Yes you are becoming increasingly tiresome. Read my post again and read some of the other posts afterwards. And then read the start and the end of yours. If anyone is being feckin negative and bitter and personal it is YOU !!  :blah01:

The point fer yer miniscule brain is that we are playing really well but losing goals and have little to offer UP FRONT. It is from midfield that most of the shots are being pinged.

At last - others - apart from the irritating Kencar - are beginning to appreciate my frustration with Niculae. Naelifts and Wanderer have got it spot on. Marius is a class touch player. If we persist with him we need pace and runners and he needs to follow up on his touches as well. Brew can already do that. I am concerned that we appear to be building our tactics and our selection around him. Kencar again strangely agrees with what I have been saying all along - playing 4-4-2 at ParkDread is applaudable but also football suicide. We could have played 4-5-1 with Brew or Bayne but nobody else.

I was one of the punters that got frustrated at Brew continually picking himself - but anyone who saw his performance at Easter Road will appreciate that he ishould be an automatic choice in certain games - and yesterday was one of them. 

Yesterday was always going to be a hiding to nothing - and for some reason Brew rarely picked himself fer the OF in his first stint - usually going fer Bayne. We are getting to a stage where changes will have to be made. Will Brew be allowed to be radical?

If it wasnt fer Gretna I think I would be being a lot more critical and a lot more voiciferous. The next two home games may well fashion our season.

Cue - Kencar  :012:

No, not kencar, it's me.

I agree with everybody.  But after the first six games my fears have been realised, zero points from six games.  We lost the two most winnable games away to Well and Mirren, always tough games but we contrived to lose them.  Did we expect to beat Celtic or Rangers and Hibs away? the other toughie was United at home where we played them off the park in the first half, but it was a confidence issue and the heads went down...................so, we can have no complaints, four away games out of the first six, both old firm played and nil points, zero, zilch, ferk all.

I watched some of yesterdays game on the net and thought we could have scored a couple of goals which would have changed the game, our good outfield play again came to nothing and you don't usually get a second chance against one of the top teams in Europe

Our season starts next week bring it on.  

I think we are going back tot he days when teams had their ***** handed to them by the Old Firm, espcially in Glasgow.  Celtic were just better than us, although we knocked it about well in the first half.  I agree that we could probably have done with some pace up front - Dargs is being missed in that sense.  Perhaps Deano isn't deemed ready to be thrown intot he first team but he appears to our only option up front who has a bit of speed about him.

We need to start picking up points and fast though.

Just back from the match!!!

Was impressed by the teams performance, I am supprised we didn't score with the chances we had! defended well,held the ball well in midfield and had a few good chances up front.

Someone has to be bottom of the league but it won't be us for much longer.

Fair play to IHE for trying to blame the 5-0 defeat purely on our Romainian stiker -we all know his predictable ditribe by now and to say it's getting tiresome is an understatemnet.

We always play 4-4-2 come rain, come shine, no matter what!1! Surely we should have some tactical nouse by now??? Other teams come to Celtic park to frustrate. We come to throw ourselves on the sword thats fecking naive  :018:

...playing 4-4-2 at ParkDread is applaudable but also football suicide. We could have played 4-5-1 with Brew or Bayne but nobody else.

I agree IHE...4-5-1, in hindsight, was the tactic.