FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

This town does my nut sometimes...

TheresNoEsInBlack

I'm up from Glasgow for the weekend and today (for the game and to visit my folks) and I bought the new jersey from the club.  My pals got it for me for my 30th and want me to get my name and 30 put on it.  The club don't do the numbers and lettering, which is pretty shocking really for an SPL club.  Since I'm away back down the road tonight I thought I'd make an effort and go down to the shop in the market that does it, only to find a sign in the window saying the shop won't be open till Thursday!

Anyway, I phoned the club and asked if they knew anywhere else that does it and they suggested I could try Debenhams.  So I went in to Debenhams and they said they could do it for CELTIC shirts.  WHAT THE F*CK???  CELTIC FOR F*CK SAKE.  Correct me if I am wrong but is this not Inverness we're in?  Is the local team not Caley Thistle?  Whether they sell Caley Thistle shirts or not they should have be able to do the lettering on ICT shirts also as its not like they wouldn't make a profit.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is our club should be providing this service.  If Celtic, with hundreds of thousands  of fans in Glasgow alone can find time to do it with players called "Vennegoor Of Hesselink" then ICT should be doing it too.

Regards,

I'm Really F*cked Off With How Backward My Home Town Is

ps.  I just read my own signature...  Excuse my bad language, I'm calm again.  The Old Firm annoy me.

The problem with Debenhams doing it is the fact that if they screw it up they can't simply place their hands on another top and re-do it, whereas they can because the stock Celtic shirts.  JJB used to offer the lettering service, but only for tops they stocked for the exact same reason.

The club used to have the facility to do it, so no idea what has changed on that front.  They must have to get the teams shirts done and it would surprise me if they weren't doing it in-house.

CaleyD,

Ok I can understand why a shop might only do it for shirts they stock.  The club definitely aren't doing it now because I asked when I bought the shirt and was directed to the shop in the market.

jaggedthistle,

An assistant in Debenhams told me the woman who does it (who was on a 2 hour lunch break - 2 hours FFS - I'm getting a job in Debenhams) only had yellow Celtic numbers.

Very annoying that the Old Firm have such a strangle hold on merchandise all over Scotland.  Its one of the things that is wrong with Scottish football and ICT should be making an effort to win people over in Inverness.  There is money to be made, get on with it!!!

That's pretty bad if the club won't number shirts anymore!  :024:

You have to wonder why they would turn down extra revenue like that??  As tesco would say - Every Little Helps!!

And TheresNoEsInBlack, can you get me a job there too mate???  :crazy07:

I still don't understand why we have a Rangers shop in Inverness but no ICT shop.  Wouldn't have to be big or smack bang in the centre of town or anything like that, just a wee shop with some tops and other merchandise - the impulse buying throughout the week would drastically increase compared to an hour before and fifteen minutes after a match on a Saturday, surely???  :017:

Guest TinCanFan

I still don't understand why we have a Rangers shop in Inverness but no ICT shop. 

I think the Rangers shop is long gone and I thought that an ICT shop would be a good idea as well but it's hard to say how well it would do.  Though the Pars have one in their town centre as do Hearts.

All that is needed is one of the stalls which are located in the corridors between Eastgate Phases 1 and 2. Costs must be reasonable (perhaps the Cheif Exec could even negotiate a good rate with some canny pillow talk :tic01:).

This also has the added advantage of being highly visible to people walking by, thereby helping to raise the club's profile

rangers shop gone? thats disappointing, with there being a lack of public toilets open late at night  after a night out i  found that door on the high street quite welcolming on a couple of occasions.

who owns the old jags social club now.whats it gettin used for?we really should have a centrally located pub/shop now

I was wondering exactly the same thing on Sat morning as I was wandering up Baron Taylor's St. (past a woman in a Hearts strip with a fag in each hand outside the Keg as it happens). When the merger battle was sorted, Thuistle also signed their Social Club over to CT and as I recollect the it was sold some years ago. I don't know who the present owners are but as far as I could see the place is not currently in use. However Caley Thistle bearing the cost of city centre premises seems a bit unlikely perhaps?

Quite a good story from a news point of view, though, that Inverness fans go into a major national retailer in the city centre to be told they can only do Celtic strip numbers.

Must admit when I was last up I had trouble finding somewhere that still stocked ICT shirts (XL req'd), the club shop had run out. As someone of 44 who still plays I wouldn't have minded bunging ?30-?40 to the club to spread the word + being at the edge, as it were, Caley shirts have a certain cudos in England...

Someone is missing a marketing ploy

Am 75% sure there is a stand alone Rangers Shop in eastgate again

Really? Whereabouts? I mind there was one up the back near Next but then it moved out onto the "High Street" but that has since closed since the JJB deal.

All that is needed is one of the stalls which are located in the corridors between Eastgate Phases 1 and 2. Costs must be reasonable (perhaps the Cheif Exec could even negotiate a good rate with some canny pillow talk :tic01:).

This also has the added advantage of being highly visible to people walking by, thereby helping to raise the club's profile

Cracking idea!! 

I've worked in the Eastgate over Christmas and it's so busy it's actually a little scary - and that's coming from a female shopper!!  (The grannies are the worst with those ridiculously oversized handbags - WTF have they got in there???  Their grandkids??)  If the club sold shirts from one of these stands they would make an absolute killing.  I know money burns a hole in my pocket and I'd rather spend my money on ICT stuff than wasting it on a ridiculously over-priced ice cream from B&J!  :021:

Thought I'd update you all on how I still don't have my shirt printed and how no businesses in Inverness want my money...

I asked my old dear to go to the shop in the market but the manny doesn't have the red on white background letters and at this stage hasn't decided whether or not to get them in. :32:

I've discovered that the letters on our away shirt are the same as Rangers'.  So I asked my mum to go to JJB and ask them to do it, which she did, but they're not interested in printing it for me either! :33:  If they were interested they'd be charging ?20, which I was willing to pay.

It would be fantastic if someone from Caley Thistle was reading this and just got on the phone to me and said, "Tell you what Fraser, I know we told we don't do it but we've decided to start doing it again because there's abviously money to be made.  Bring the shirt in and we'll print it for you and we'll put that 20 bucks straight into the coffers, we can use it to feed Blackie 6 months worth of extra porridge to make him big and strong like Rossco".

You get the point, I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for this.

Go on ICT, phone me, ?20 has your name written on it!  Fraser Elder in Finnieston, Glasgow, phone number is on your computer (or bit of paper) :L

Regards,

I've Found A Niche In The Market