FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

best way to get to thistle game

Guest Black_country_thistle

Guest Black_country_thistle

hi i have thought about popping up one day to see a game , just wondered what the best way was to get up there from your fan in the south

Assuming your username is based on location, I think our man Gringo might be able to help you out with some advice there, he's nearby in Coventry Nil !

His advice may be train related, but you can also get to Inverness by air from Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester via Eastern Airways http://www.easternairways.com/content/view/112/551/ or from East Midlands airport via Ryanair .......

Loads of options for travelling north but it all depends on your budget.

Train: From Wolves (I assume Wolves as your name suggests that area) you?ll need to head for Glasgow or Edinburgh and thence from there to Inverness. Through trains are available from Wolves to Glasgow / Edinburgh. There is nothing direct to Inverness. The train option is not always the cheapest but, generally speaking, the earlier you book the cheaper it is.

Air: The only direct flight from Birmingham is operated by Eastern Airways but you?ll need a mortgage to use it, typical return fare is ?400 (ish). Other Airlines from Brum include Flybe and BMIBaby who will get you as far as Glasgow/Edinburgh or Aberdeen. Ryanair fly direct from East Midlands to Inverness on Mon, Tue and Fri only. Easy Jet fly direct to Inverness from Luton, Bristol and Liverpool.

Road: M6; M74; A80; M80; M9; A9.

Walk: Staffs & Worces canal; Trent & Mersey Canal; Macclesfield canal; Pennine Way to Kirk Yetholm; then head for Dunfermline and pick a Highland March route!!!

Drop me a PM if you need assistance.

National Rail

Eastern Airways

BMIbaby

Flybe

Easy Jet

Ryan Air

If the cnuts a Wolves fan he is evidently coming to Sneck to follow a successful club. If he is a Steve Bull devotee I will personally meet the feckin Brummie  :014: and introduce him to life in the feckin fast lane  :017:

It is either me or Murchie1 - the prize ****.  :sillywave:

Unless he is a feckin old Jeggie and he can feckin sort it out himself.  :001: :blah01:

Come on IHE, lets be friendly here and show some of that Highland 'hospitality'. After all I'm an ex Brum fan who went 'glory hunting'  :004: to Airdrie when Caledonian played there in the cup and I've never looked back. Maybe this guy is seeking far more entertainment than can be found at Wolves (he may also be a Baggies or Walsall fan by the way). No harm in telling him how to get to the promised land......is there  :symbol_question: :001:

Why does no one delete that stupid post?

If I deleted all posts I thought were stupid then you'd not have reached double figures yet  :tic01:

BCT..many of our fans from the south have found it easier to just relocate North on a permanent basis..hope you make a game sometime soon.  Be sure to head for the Innes Bar pre-match where you will be made most welcome.

Why does no one delete that stupid post?

For once I have to agree - if you let Murchie off with it he may be encouraged to do it again.

I am sure that Mr Black Country will have sussed that my overtures are merely my inimitable way of welcoming people to the faith - at least I didnt challenge him to a square go like I did with Heilandee.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: