FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster

Bronson

I am really starting to believe that brewster simply is not cut out to be a manager. I have seen nothing this season to suggest he can motivate players, is team selections are mind boggling and his lack of tactics are embarrassing.

I heard his post match interview and yet again he said he thought we played well in parts. No we didn't we were 5hit. It took us 40 minutes to have a shot at goal.

In his interview he described Ross tokely as making a disgraceful challenge and letting himself and his team mates down. Methinks he is looking for a scapegoat.

The lad sayt next to me said at half time "i'd take Bayne off before he gets sent off"

Yet again i watched from the stand as Brewster stood watching his team fall apart and no nothing about it. Again he leaves Niculae on the bench, again Wyness fails to score. Again MacDonald left on the bench, again we played dreadful long ball football.

I have only left 2 ict matches before full time in my life, and both have been in the last week. (against dons in cup).

I am seriously worried about where Brewster is taking this club and that supporters are loosing patience. Today one of the chants from the North stand made things plain and simple -"Brewster, your a wa nker".

At least in previous games we have lost due to errors but played some very good passing football, but the last few games have been dreadful to watch.

If I was a gambler, i would be tempted to put money on Brewster being the 1st manager that ICT have sacked. (Or maybe second if baltacha was sacked! Can't remember!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WynessLegend

The "chant" you heard was from three silly wee laddies in the North Stand.

You talk about scapegoats and yet you choose to make Brewster your own scapegoat.

I don't think you can blame the man for the crass stupidity of Tokely and Bayne.

Brewster will continue to make a positive contribution to this club.

The only problem is that the two sendings off have given him less opportunity to feck up next week. Now what if he played 4-5-1 with Proctor at right back, Wilson in the middle and Wyness up front alone - that would be more like the feckin old school.  :023:

Needless to say I'm raging from what I witnessed today ! Can't ever remember feeling like this watching ICT before.

Questions I would like answered are:

1) Why after Bayne was sent off and we then went 2-0 down, was Niculae not brought on immediately???? :008:

2) Why then.......when Niculae eventually is brought on.........is Wyness removed ???? !!!!! :008:

I've said elsewhere that Brewster's main contributions to ICT has always been when he's on the pitch...

If, as has been suggested that because of his injury, he is unlikely to make any further contributions as a player, his managerial skills are going to have to improve very quickly...

I'm not sure that having Donald as his Number 2 - someone he didn't appoint - is helpful in this situation.

That said - I hope the support will  still stay behind him for at least the rest of this season....

Brewster SORT IT OUT FFS before you take us the same way you were taking United  :008: :008: :008: :008: :008:

All those who put the pressure on Christie to leave, Stand up and take some blame!!! I'd rather have Christie in charge than this plonker at least under him we didn't fall apart as badly as what we have recently  :crazy07:

Again subs totally bizarre , Niculae on for Wyness WTF!!!! Hook a bloody defender and go for broke, at least if it don't work and you lose 6-0 ya can at least say ya tried, but Brewster fact is DOESNT TRY because the guy is as 1 poster has already said, a Tactical Buffoon.

Utter Garbage  :019: :019: :019:

My gripe with todays performance............or lack of performance, was why did Brew not hook Bayne at half time. Much as I like Bayners 110% stuff, but it was not working today, and once he was booked, he should have been subbed, because it was painfully obvious that the red card would follow.  If Brew had subbed him at Half time, we might have salvaged someting from a dismal day, however............he stood and watched and did ziltch :029: why, he could have told us all to go home at half time, because this was the most hurtful display since ICT joined the SPL, shocker. Nine players or not, in fact we were marginally better with nine players.  BIG mistake not starting Marius, he can at least hold on to the ball, and his few minutes on the park were the only highlights of the day, in fact he gets my vote for man of the match, the rest were inept.  Whoever has to pick the best players out of that debacle, good luck.

WORST DISPLAY IN LIVING MEMORY

Lets look at the facts)

A - worst refereed game EVER in the history of TCS.

2) Bayne - OK for speculative long balls against HUns - at home Marius should be no 1 choice.

c) Tokely was stupid. Proctor will take his place and will be hard to dislodge.

iv) Barry Wilson should no longer be so high up the pecking order.

E) Brewster should spend less time in the gym and more listening to the fans in the Heathmount or somewhere...

Bad bad day at the office.

Lets look at the facts)

A - worst refereed game EVER in the history of TCS.

2) Bayne - OK for speculative long balls against HUns - at home Marius should be no 1 choice.

c) Tokely was stupid. Proctor will take his place and will be hard to dislodge.

iv) Barry Wilson should no longer be so high up the pecking order.

E) Brewster should spend less time in the gym and more listening to the fans in the Heathmount or somewhere...

Bad bad day at the office.

agree with most of that, apart from the last bit! he should be out looking for a new centre half!

Thank God for Gretna.

That is all.

completely agree, without gretna we would be in an awful position, but even though gretna are in a worse position than us we cannot rest on the fact that gretna will continually fail to get points and in return save us from relegation, we have been going through a very bad run of form and the sooner were out of it the better. I sincerely hope that brew is the man for the job and can dig us out of this hole!

Looks like there's a good chance that ICT will finish second bottom of the SPL.

Will the management turn round and tell us we've done well to survive yet another season in this league, and that we've actually been punching way above our weight the past couple of seasons.?

I say a second bottom finish is totally unacceptable.....  :020:

Will the management turn round and tell us we've done well to survive yet another season in this league, and that we've actually been punching way above our weight the past couple of seasons.?

i agree, i certainly thought we'd established ourselves as a SPL team, however if we carry on playing like we have been and failing to get points the only way we'll stay up is by another team being even worse and thats not a position i would like to see the club in!

Up to now, I hve been a glass-half-full kinda guy, that we would come good soon and someone would get a good kicking. I am now starting to think that our only "up" this season will be to survive, and this team will never come together.

The most depressing thing about all this is that only last season - about 6 months ago - we were a better team than either Motherwell or Dundee United, and look at us now. Dundee United were a shambles under Craig, (who hardly featured for them as a player), but under new management both them and Motherwell are streets ahead of us now, and I am afraid that performance today was frighteningly similar to a Brewster led Dundee United effort. Mark McGhee was quite right in saying that going down to nine men had little bearing on the result - we were garbage with eleven and heading for a beating anyway. Long winter ahead I'm afraid. :007: :007: