FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster

Bronson

Rubbish to all his support.  He knows f all about tactics.  He took a bigger club than us to the bottom of the league and the board still made the ridiculous decision to take him back.  This is the same board that hung CC out to dry.  Do you really think a manager would not replace his biggest 3 players?  At least with CC we got tactics, we got a change of tactics during a game and we got subs when they were needed.  CC may not have been the man for the job either but at least we were giving it a shot and if we got beat it was the odd goal, Rangers excepeted.  Since brew arrived we have had 5-0, 4-1 and 3-0 at home to the mighty Motherwell.  If this is CC' team that Brew has inherited them why was there 10 of the starting 11 still there from Brews first visit?  The only differences I can see (from Saturday) are Cowie, Rankin, Macdonald and Marious who were all taken in by Charlie.  Zibbi, Watt, Mcguire and Proctor taken in by Brewster.  If he has inherited a poor team them he must get strong tactics to make them solid, he aint done and will not do!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish to all his support.  He knows f all about tactics.  He took a bigger club than us to the bottom of the league and the board still made the ridiculous decision to take him back.  This is the same board that hung CC out to dry.  Do you really think a manager would not replace his biggest 3 players?  At least with CC we got tactics, we got a change of tactics during a game and we got subs when they were needed.  CC may not have been the man for the job either but at least we were giving it a shot and if we got beat it was the odd goal, Rangers excepeted.  Since brew arrived we have had 5-0, 4-1 and 3-0 at home to the mighty Motherwell.  If this is CC' team that Brew has inherited them why was there 10 of the starting 11 still there from Brews first visit?   The only differences I can see (from Saturday) are Cowie, Rankin, Macdonald and Marious who were all taken in by Charlie.  Zibbi, Watt, Mcguire and Proctor taken in by Brewster.  If he has inherited a poor team them he must get strong tactics to make them solid, he aint done and will not do!

For fecks sake Rog... the steam must still be pouring oot yer lugs  :015:

Still raging on a monday afternoon, you should be like me, get it all out during the match then enjoy the beer after. :016:

Yes indeed Brew took back a team which was minus 3 of the best players we ever had ( arguably ) which were never replaced by CC, He was left with very little time to locate and sign players ( unless according to IHE he knew he was coming back in the summer )

Now i'm not defending him totally because he blew it on saturday big time, i said that starting with Bayne and Denzil was suicide on a football pitch, i would rather see a combination of Nico / supershortmac / denzil for home games when we should be playing to win.

Surely the situation has been building up for a while now and long before Brew came back. The squad is mainly as it has been for a few years and Marius' salary must feel like a kick in the teeth for some of the players in the squad.

Secondly the team has reached a plateau. We can only ever strive for the top six of the league and a cup run. Neither have really been forthcoming for a while and the players may well be lacking a sense of purpose.

That brings us on to the management point where he has to motivate the team to do better, Saturday was awful. My concern is that Brew couldn't turn this situation around at United and I have no confidence he will do it with us(though I am happy to be proved wrong)'

The team has never really been in this situation before and they are not handling things well at all - the attitude on Saturday showed that.

We need a few results quite quickly or things will just get worse.

Still raging Caley100.  I am such a quiet person so kicking the seat in front was as stong as it got on Saturday as I didn't want to do an IHE.  Plus the father in law would kick my a** if I got in full strop mode like I wanted to!  Travelling the trip from Glasgow for that rubbish just is to depressing but I will be back on the 8th of Dec to sit and give the team my full backing when they take to the pitch against Hibs. 

Discipline seems to be a big problem.

We did seem to have the most bias ref, I think I have ever seen but

When you look back to Engerlands crucial try in the rugby final,which wasn't allowed,They just got on with it and remained focused on the game, no tantrums.

There could easily have been more sent off against Motherwell.

Anyway big match on Saturday and then 3 points closer to St Mirren the week after.

As a player, when the ref is giving everything against you and you know it then you dont bump your gums to him at every chance as its not gonna do any good ... you need to think "**** you, I will show you" and then proceed to take it out on the opposition by scoring goals he cant disallow or call back for a foul. If you lose the head or try to intimidate him then there's only going to be one winner and thats the guy with the cards !

In this situation, the red mist can easily descend as it did on Saturday but these guys are supposed to be professionals and should be able to focus on the job in hand and let that red mist pass. By all means get fired up but focus in on the game not on trying to clock one of the opposition or pointlessly arguing with officials. For Bayne to continue in the same fashion that already got him booked was stupid, for Roy to get booked for going ape**** at the linesman and then tempt fate by continuing afterwards was stupid, for Rossco to do what he did (I havent seen it but am relying on the comments by users who have) was absolutely ludicrous and deserving of internal punishment.

However, as the manager in a game like this then CB also needs to give himself a shake.

Bayne is getting it big style from the ref and the manager in his after-match interview pretty much said that he thought he would be sent off if he continued to play the same way .... no **** sherlock !!! So why take off Black and not Bayne? Black was probably the one player with the potential to control the midfield battle that the manager conceded in the same interview that we had well and truly lost. That is crazy. Bayne should have been replaced at half-time with Niculae and maybe, just maybe the outcome might have been different ! Thats not an excuse for Tokely's behaviour but a scenario to say it might never have happened had the manager got it right in the first place !

Aye, but he was told at half time to tone it down, so I have some sympathy for Brewster in his decision to persevere with Bayne.

Bayne's lunge, however, has to be seen to be believed!

The referee, who didn't have such a bad game, could have given the straight red that Scott (Aberdeen attacking, Aberdeen defending) Davie mistakenly called.

I any other work place such disregard for a Manager's instruction could truly be described as disgraceful.

Brewster is bang out of order in focussing only on Ross.

Aye, but he was told at half time to tone it down, so I have some sympathy for Brewster in his decision to persevere with Bayne.

Bayne's lunge, however, has to be seen to be believed!

The referee, who didn't have such a bad game, could have given the straight red that Scott (Aberdeen attacking, Aberdeen defending) Davie mistakenly called.

I any other work place such disregard for a Manager's instruction could truly be described as disgraceful.

Brewster is bang out of order in focussing only on Ross.

you having a laugh? i cant argue with the sendings off but overall i thought the ref was very poor, highly inconsistent and seemed to give motherwell the decision in every 50/50 challenge

The lunge was only another stock challenge from Bayne on the deck.  In the air he leads with his elbows and faces the other way, not an easy thing to do, by the way.  Brew should have known what everyone else in the stadium knew, next challenge from Bayne and he is off.  No complaints on the sending off, my complaint is that the manager and his number two allowed it to happen by leaving him on the pitch.  Bayne can't play any other way, therefore it was the only end product we were going to get.  Nowhere near a straight red, he hardly made contact, but with studs up I'm afraid he got what his style of play merited.....an early bath.

To describe Rossco's assault as disgraceful was the only thing Brewster got right on Saturday.  It looks as though he caught up with McGarry and assaulted him by sticking one on the side of his head, a rather unpleasant thing to do.  Imagine standing in the Innes and a complete stranger creeps up behind you and whacks you on the side of the head whilst you are drinking your pint?  Sorry Rossco, not the best thing you have done and not a lot Brew could do about it, but the Bayne situation was avoidable.

Leave the ref out of this one, it's all down to our players being naughty.

Parkie seems immune to all this, what part did he not play in the proceedings?

Studs up

Staight legs

Airborne

Ball long gone

Opponent lucky he saw it coming and avoided serious injury.

Reds have been dished out for less.

I?ve got to admit the ref did get this one wrong!

Brewster has lost it by calling one of his own players a disgrace in the media. Behind closed doors in private thankyou.

Even a manager of a kids team knows that.

Agreed.... I didn't think it was the smartest thing he's done since he came back here....  :024:

Please get the facts right. Brewster naver said Rossco was a disgrace. What he said was that what Rossco did was a disgrace. There is a very big difference.

On the radio he said he (Tokely) was completely out of order - he let his team-mates down, he let the supporters down, he let himself down... From memory I'm pretty sure he also described him as a disgrace....

I kind of formed the opinion he wasn't best pleased with him...  :023:

Please get the facts right. Brewster naver said Rossco was a disgrace. What he said was that what Rossco did was a disgrace. There is a very big difference.

On the radio he said he said he (Tokely) was completely out of order - he let his team-mates down, he let the supporters down, he let himself down... From memory I'm pretty sure he also described him as a disgrace as well....

I kind of formed the opinion he wasn't best pleased with him...  :023:

see match report or this link ..... http://www.caleythistleonline.com/images/s...L_101107_CB.mp3

when asked about the red cards he had some sympathy for Bayne and then said

"... and the second one from Ross Tokely is an absolute disgrace. He's disgraced his self and his team-mates, let them down badly, at a time where we'd a mountain to climb with ten men ... "

He definitely said "Tokely is a disgrace".

He might not have meant to though. Brewster always sounds really uncomfortable in post-match interviews and sometimes i think the words don't come out quite as they're meant to.

That's right... what he was trying to say was that Rossco's one of the nicest guys in the game, and this was nothing more than a minor and uncharacteristic misdemeanour...

He went on to try and say he really loves Rossco dearly.....  :014:

When Brewster was reappointed as manager, I was apprehensive. My position remains unchanged. Yeah, he's done okay and notched up some valuable points but overall I'm not hugely enthusiastic. I guess we haven't had the chance to really assess his signings, but some of them have been surprising to say the least, even with our limited budget. Like everyone has been saying, I don't believe that bringing on a substitution 10 minutes from the end can have a massive impact on the game. Brewster has been constantly waiting until the last minute to bring on subs. Give then at least 15-20 minutes to settle into the game. On the positives though, he has done well bringing out the best in Russell Duncan and Dennis Wyness who have been excellent this season.

We had a wide split of users who were either for/against Charlie Christie when he was appointed and there was still a wide split when he resigned. I was and always will be 100% supportive of Charlie's time as the manager of the club. He made some good decisions, he made some bad decisions, but every decision he made, including the decision to resign was always done with the good of the club at heart.

So on to Brewster .... no he wasnt my first choice, and for various reasons, he probably wasnt my second, third or fourth choice but the fact of the matter is that he was given the job by people who know both him and how to run a football club better than I do (or have at least given a good impression of that over the last 14 years).

Although he might not have been first choice on my list, it appears that many of us - myself included -  may have had our judgement skewed when we bought into the spin about Warnock and others when the vacancy arose. However, none of what happened in that tumultous time was Brewster's fault.

Because of that, he came to the club with many people disliking him for various reasons, some of his own making (previously leaving, DUFC record etc), some because of people's respect for CC and disappointment at his resignation, and some because the aforementioned spin made fans believe we had settled for second best.

Since then he has probably had more negative scrutiny than any other ICT manager in history.

Am i sure he is "still" the man for the job? As I said above .... I didnt think he was the man for the job in the first place and a couple of months into it I would have to say "I dont know". However, much like Charlie, I do believe we need to give him time before making a judgement.

We have seen (or in my case heard) some good games where we played well, we have seen some bad games where we have played crap. A lot of us dont believe he makes the best use of substitutions or tactics but at the end of the day its dead easy being an armchair manager isnt it.

So what will help me decide ?

I will be interested to see how he reshuffles the pack in the next few games after last week's nonsense. That will go a long way to showing his ideas.

I will be interested to see if he learns from each game and starts adapting his tactics during a match rather than doing like for like substitutions 10 minutes from the end. He did try to do that last week by bringing on Barry at HT but I think quite a few of us think he got it wrong ... however, at least he did try.

I will be interested to see if he can get our players to play the ball on the deck where we have ALWAYS been better rather than go for the constant hoof (although he's not the only ICT manager guilty of that).

I will be interested to see how he approaches the transfer window and who he might bring in (and get rid off). Someone commented that he hadnt even started looking. I have it on reasonably good authority that this is complete bull**** !

Now its time to give the guy a chance .........

One final thing to remember though ..... ICT may be a sporting organisation, but there is always a lot more politics going on in the background than most of us will ever know about and perhaps some can handle that a bit better than others !!!  :004:

I will be interested to see how he approaches the transfer window and who he might bring in (and get rid off). Someone commented that he hadnt even started looking. I have it on reasonably good authority that this is complete bull**** !

It was a direct quote from Brewster himself during an interview with a P&J Journalist, so if it is BS, and I would hope it is, then he is the one doing the BSing.