FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Good Luck To Rangers !

Kingsmills

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh I wasn't sure what I wanted to happen tonight, but the old reflex kicked in as I jumped for joy when the Russians scored goal 1. It was kinda laughable when Walter started loading up the strikers with 10 minutes to go, I fully expected McCoist to get warmed up too. There was no plan B.

All the logical arguments for wanting them to win, and there are many, went out the window when I realised that them having a "quadruple" would be intolerable. It would be like 1966 all over again. I cant see QOS beating them, but I hope Celtic win the league, and I am no fan of theirs either.

As for the fans; here is a quote from the Manchester Evening News.

?I stopped in the centre of town today enjoying the atmosphere and colours of the Rangers fans. However after a few minutes I was left totally shocked and disgusted.?

Aye, count your lucky stars you wont be seeing them for another 30 years, matey!

It was obvious at half-time that Zenit were bypassing the central midfield.  Can't believe it took Walter Smith 77 mins to realise Hemdani was being bypassed and the extra holding midfielder was completely ineffectual. By Zenit concentrating on the wings as well, it also meant neither Davis nor Whittaker could be an attacking force.  Poor tactics by Smith.  Completely outhought by the Little General.

Guest Spectre

I thought they just looked knackered, they kept losing the ball in midfield, had nothing in the tank to fight back.  I think Zenti probably would have won anyway but the crazy scheduling has certainly played its part.

Not in the slightest bit surprised to see more scumbaggery from the Rangers fans in Manchester last night. I hope the RST issue a statement on the screens failing. More comedy gold awaits us!

Guest couchpotato

Aye, there goes the moral highground when discussing fan behaviour north and south of the border eh?

Any time Rangers fans have rioted in the past in Europe it has been due to the foreign police. They can't use that excuse this time round. It will be interesting to see the behaviour of Man Utd v Chelsea fans next Wednesday (with foreign police of course!) and see all goes off peacefully or not.

they were a disgrace well before they couldnt cope with being beaten.  Watching them with their Buckfast at 0730 singing Hello Hello and all their other bigotted songs proudly to the cameras is shocking.  Later in the day it continued in their thousands.  it is not a minority that bring shame it is the majority.  I am so glad they got beat, the bad thing of the day is that there is now no chance of them getting to play in England so we will have to keep them.

Scumbags indeed. A minority of Rangers fans have brought shame on themselves and on the country.

I doubt it was a minority. A minority were arrested that's a definite. The police were never going to be able to take on the thousands that were more than likely engaging in behaviour that would, on a typical Saturday out, see you thrown in the cells for the night. Can you imagine the likely outcome if all the fans who were behaving like your Saturday night drunken louts were arrested? There would have been serious trouble then if the police decided to wade in. You can easily get away with much more in a large group than you could if you were on your own. What do you think it took these 20 odd fans to be arrested out of a crowd of 100,000 plus? Must have been something pretty serious.

And the second part of of your second sentence is exactly why I wouldn't dream of supporting them in Europe. I am simply embarrassed to be associated with Rangers due to supporting a team in the same league as them. Delighted they got beaten in the final but saddened that, in true Rangers style, they decided to go on a rampage.

I think they should have next years European place revoked and given to another Scottish club. Feyenoord got banned from European competition two seasons ago. I think Rangers deserve this. Lets face it they arn't going to get SPL points deducted for this so its the only option.

For all that I dislike both Rangers and Celtic and all they stand for, I will continue to support them both in Europe.

To be fair to Celtic and their fans their behaviour in Seville was impeccable compared to what happened in Manchester. There will be the usual claims of heavy handed policing but, like a large number of those involved, that simply wont wash !

Having just seen the assualt of a poilce officer buy a group of this scum I would agree that they should be banned from Europe.  The cctv has been put to TV to show there was no heavy handed policing.  The officer was walking away from the Rangers "fans" at the time.  After their exploites last year and now this, get them banned!

Unbelievable

The Scottish Conservatives have demanded an inquiry into the policing of the Uefa Cup final in Manchester.  :029:

Anyone but the Rangers fans to blame is'nt it  :crazy07:

I see also on a report on Sky Sports News that Manchester have decided not to erect big screens next week for Man Utd fans wanting to watch the Champions League Final, Amazing Rangers fans spoiling the enjoyment of others as usual!!!!

To be fair to Celtic and their fans their behaviour in Seville was impeccable compared to what happened in Manchester.

Celtic fans behaved impecably in seville...... not just in comparison to the huns last night! I am embarrased to be Scottish today. BAN RANGERS! Hope they fall flat on their faces and am glad they got beat

That video in the top left is awful viewing particularly when 40 - 50 Rangers fans jump on the policeman on the ground. What cretinus individuals they are. A lifetime ban for every Rangers fan they can possibly identify from the CCTV images. Hopefully, like Feyenoord, they will be booted out of Europe albeit next season in the case of Rangers.

I am staggered that Rangers are still yet to comment on any of these scenes.

I really dont care ..... but I would prefer Rangers to win more than than Zenit .... mainly because they are a Scottish team (regardless of the loyalist/English arguments that can be raised), they will be putting Scotland back on the football map, and a win would also help other Scottish teams through the co-efficient.

After seeing the pictures and footage, and reading the various articles about the trouble, I am now delighted that Rangers lost and hope it is at least another 36 years before they reach another final.

Forget about them  being Scottish, putting Scotland back on the map or lifting the co-efficient that is all now soiled. That performance by their so-called fans was utterly disgraceful and I would rather we had no teams in Europe than have those neanderthal thugs representing Scotland or Scottish football in any way shape or form. Utterly disgraceful.

All they need now to complete their week is to come up with a few Tommy Burns jokes - as I am sure they will - that will just put a cap on a very bad week for Scottish football and show them up for the tosspots that they are.

Thats a cracking punch on the guy at 28 seconds  :010: had to rewatch it and pause it to realise it was actually another Rangers "fan" who knocked the guy flat on the floor, WTF is that all about.

That looks pretty serious, the guy went spark out and by the end of the video he is still lying motionless with a lot of people around him. I wouldnt describe it as a "cracking" punch in the sense of "good" ... maybe in the sense of cracking the guys skull. Hope they can figure out who threw the punch and do him for serious assault/ GBH or whatever the charge would be in Englandshire.

To be fair to Celtic and their fans their behaviour in Seville was impeccable compared to what happened in Manchester.

Celtic fans behaved impecably in seville...... not just in comparison to the huns last night! I am embarrased to be Scottish today. BAN RANGERS!

I don't normally take sides when it comes to the old 'infirm'.  But judging from what I saw on TV etc, I think a ban for Rangers is in order.

By sheer coincidence my wife and I were in Seville (not for the football) with some friends when Celtic played there. I have to say that all the Celtic fans we saw did behave impeccably.  The ones who were in our hotel were great fun and even were quite gracious when I felt it necessary to remind them of Feb 8 2000.