FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Eurovision

Yngwie

Forget Rockness and T in the Park, this is the musical highlight of the year.

Where do you reckon the UK will finish this year?

I'd guess around 21st out of 25. An instantly forgettable song, nobody likes us, and the singer is the wrong colour to get any votes from the Eastern Europe nations that dominate the voting.

I don' think our entry is as bad as many of the others I've heard so far, but as you say, the voting is all political and often has little baring on the quality of the song.

I think we should start a campaign to get Scotland and Independent Eurovision entry  :001:

i'm sure the peatbog faeries would be a good bet to win :021:

then again, eurovision doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. especially with the gumph that terry wogan comes out with. he's almost as boring as archie at a rangers game :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Did'nt think we were as bad as that  :029:

Competition is a farce anyway too much political voting going on  :018: its no longer a music contest but an ego boost for country's and their neighbours!

If the UK wants to look less stupid it would be better breaking up for Eurovision and each country - Scotland, Wales, England, N.Ireland going solo, at least we may give points to each other and wont end bottom again  :017:

I really think it should be scrapped now. It has nothing to do with the quality of the songs any longer, and everybody knows it. FARCE springs to mind! C'mon EU, ban this crap!!

Aw come on!!  Scotland's faaaaaaaar too damned sophistocated to put a song in for the gay-clap-cr@p that is eurovision.  I agree that the UK should pull out altogether and let the less culturally sophistocated EU countries fight it out.

I actually think the best song won.....however, it doesn't remove from the fact that the voting is still a joke.

With it looking very likely this is Wogans final year hosting it for the BBC who would you have replace him?

I'll go for Simon Cowell for the pure comedy fact or of seeing him banned from ever being allowed to do it again and/or causing WWIII  :rotflmao:

Think next year we should send to Moscow, 4 minutes of silence by nobody  :003: and in good old eurotrash eurovision fashion, have an end spectacular firework set on the stage with flags coming down with "we all know you vote for your neighbours" "eastern european fix" and "ya can shove your euros up yer erse" written on each one.  :001:

Might not go down too well, but at least we wont be forgotton in a hurry  :rotflmao:

With it looking very likely this is Wogans final year hosting it for the BBC who would you have replace him?

I suspect it will be Graham Norton, because he seems to host everything, and I suppose its a show where being over the top, camp and rather annoying are useful attributes.

By the way, anyone who thinks Eurovision is crap clearly doesn't understand it!

It's a kind of fascination of the horrible. If you watch it with subtitles you get to see the utterly crap lyrics as well. The French one was classic, as the guy was singing on and on about how wonderful Chivers was. Mystified during the song as to why he would be singing about jam or jelly, but it's apparently a "hip young musician". So highly educational as well  :015:

Who decided that Israel was in Europe btw? Think it's bizarre that they appear here and also in UEFA.

Who decided that Israel was in Europe btw? Think it's bizarre that they appear here and also in UEFA.

Well otherwise I don't think they'd find qualifying games away to Iran, Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia all that much fun.  :015:

And could you imagine what the Arabic version of the Eurovision Song Contest might be like?  :020: