FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sky +

RiG

Easy and simple. Just the way I like it  :003:

We went for 4 mixes and the Sports stuff as well. I aim to have the entire series of Yu Go Oh GX recorded by the end of the year.

I live paused the football last night with Sky+ and was in the middle of fast forwarding through the boring bits when the mother-in-law asked if it would be possible to forward to the end to see the result before everyone else  :rotflmao:

I had it installed, and ended up getting through 3 boxes each with faults before i told Sky to cancel my contract. According to the engineer that was out at mine, there are 3 makes of Sky+ box, and each has known problems which can occur.

I ended up getting a BT vision box. Far more reliable, with space on the hard drive to record twice as much as Sky+ :crazy07:

I had it installed, and ended up getting through 3 boxes each with faults before i told Sky to cancel my contract. According to the engineer that was out at mine, there are 3 makes of Sky+ box, and each has known problems which can occur.

I ended up getting a BT vision box. Far more reliable, with space on the hard drive to record twice as much as Sky+ :crazy07:

Doesn't sound good. I've just had my first Sky+ box replaced (still within guarantee) after it developed a fault. If it happens again think I'll be cancelling too !!

TBH the subscription has increased hugely from the ?32 (for all channels) I was paying when I first had sky installed. Yet the service has got poorer IMO. No longer show SPL football, and I'm still gutted over the loss of VH2 !!

Al just add...i went thro the 3 sky+ boxes within 4 months. Seemed to be when the hard drive was over 1/4 full that the issues arose. Still on my original BT Vision box :022:

On the first box it was the fan was too noisy. The second one, the box took fits of turning itself off, and the third just went bonkers, would be treated to a screen flashing different colours, A noisy chainsaw-esque sound, then it wouldnt come back on unless you turned off at the plug....only for it to happen again within 15-20 mins of resetting

Sky+ is undeniably the best and most intuitive hard drive recording system available but has had a lot of software issues and as stated above the fans can be noisy and irritating.It's not the only choice though and Humax make excellant freeview hard drive recorders with no subscription,(but no Sky Sport obviously)also BT Vision seems to be making some inroads.The new BBC Freesat is superb on the free HD channels, watching the footy just now is unbelievable qaulity and NO subscription (Mr Murdoch must be twitching a bit methinks)

I've had a Sony HD with DVD-R and Freeview for just over 3 years now. Totally silent and the programming seems intuitive just like Sky.

It had problems with software updates when new but it's been faultless for ages now. Used it to transfer a lot of video stuff to DVD.

I read at the time the Humax ones were good though.

Have to say all this Sky stuff is a turnoff for me. Far too much fitba on telly. There's a whole generation of folk who know all about sport but never attended a live event. One live game a week for me is worth a dozen televised games what with all the banter and the bevvy and the travel and the radio in the car etc.

Sky+ is undeniably the best and most intuitive hard drive recording system available but has had a lot of software issues and as stated above the fans can be noisy and irritating.It's not the only choice though and Humax make excellant freeview hard drive recorders with no subscription,(but no Sky Sport obviously)also BT Vision seems to be making some inroads.The new BBC Freesat is superb on the free HD channels, watching the footy just now is unbelievable qaulity and NO subscription (Mr Murdoch must be twitching a bit methinks)

The quality must be superb for a man with such bad eyesight as yours, and your hearing don't seem much better!!!  Tooted the horn, flashed and waved at you today and you never even so much as glanced in my direction....either that or you saw me before I saw you and intentionally ignored me  :024: