Is Nessie Real?

Guest TinCanFan

Do you believe in Nessie?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Yes, very definitely.  I'm one of those who have seen 'her', two years ago or so at Castle Urquhart - my husband and three kids saw her too, plus about a dozen other sight seers - we all just stood and gawped.  Very still, very close to the Castle shore, saw her head and neck and she slid silently into the water.

Wonderful, amazing and very special experience.

Yes, very definitely.  I'm one of those who have seen 'her', two years ago or so at Castle Urquhart - my husband and three kids saw her too, plus about a dozen other sight seers - we all just stood and gawped.  Very still, very close to the Castle shore, saw her head and neck and she slid silently into the water.

Wonderful, amazing and very special experience.

Truth please?! :rotflmao: Joking, I believe there is something in there and can only wish of seeing it one day!

The notion of the Loch Ness Monster is nonsense. We are talking here about about one of the most photographed places on the planet, visited by droves of people, all these days effectively with cameras in their pockets, and we still don't have a definitive image of this "thing". Indeed the best we seem to have is a grainy contribution from the 1930s which you can see is obviously the trunk of one of the elephants from Bertam Mills' Circus which regularly used to bathe in the Loch and were doing so at the time the photo was taken. In addition to this, we have extensive sonar and electronic searches of the place, and once again all that seems to come up is some kind of "anomalous" looking trace which really could be anything.

IF this thing existed, then for it to survive there would have to be a significant colony of them within this enclosed area of water but still we have no categorical image of even one of what would have to be several members of the species. And isn't it strange that the people who claim to have "seen it with their own eyes" never seem to have had a camera with them? What a coincidence!

Strange too, isn't it, that there always seems to be a "sighting" right at the start of the tourist season! And isn't it absolutely remarkable that a significant slice of the GDP of the Inverness area is based on a mere myth?

CB -  One of the reasons people don't come forward with their photographs of Nessie, is that so many people question it or try to disprove it.  In the 80's I worked with a man who'd photographed it, when he showed me the photo I asked him why he'd not gone to the press with it (it WAS a great photo btw, very clear) but his view-point was that he believed what he'd seen was Nessie and he didn't feel he'd to justify himself to anyone else about it.

As far as I know, none of the people who saw Nessie at the same time I did went to the press with the pictures they had and tbh I was so stunned at what I was looking at, I couldn't have taken a photo to save myself!

I believe there's more than one "monster" - how could one single creature survive alone?  Could be some of these Lochs are, in fact, connected deep underwater somehow.  Who knows.

So there are people out there with photos of this thing, but they by some huge conspiracy or coincidence don't want the public to see them, despite the fact that showing them would prove the case for all time? And there are others who have been so gobsmacked that they've had instant paralysis of the shutter finger? It seems that all these people who allegedly have categorical images amazingly seem to be so much more reticent than the chancers who have been plying the press with mince for decades.

As for the " lochs connected deep underwater" claim, that is really interchanging the cart and the horse. Your task is to justify the assertion that there is a monster. What you have done is to take that as a "given" and concoct a theory which is then consistent with that. And if that was the case, why do half the lochs in the Highlands not have "monster myths" as well?

I've lived by the loch for 12 years now and never seen anything but have to agree with Connie that many credible people have seen the monster and do'nt go to the press. When stuff is in the press it is not normally locals but tourists with dodgy pics. I personally do'nt really believe in it but as stated preiously hope it is never disproved.

The loch is a strange and amazing place ... beautiful and calm one minute, eerie, spooky and turbulent the next. I believe there is something in the loch that has not yet been explained but I wouldnt go as far as to say its a prehistoric plesiosaur.

I have seen countless documentaries, interviews and such like which come at it from every angle (believers and non-believers as well as scientists) and it is interesting to note just how many of the photos we believed growing up have proved to either be faked or explainable ... including the famous surgeon's photo (fake). However, I have also met people who have "seen something" in the loch and they are very credible. They may have seen something submerged just under the surface in the loch, they may have seen a wave folding back in on itself creating a wake, but equally they may have seen something that cannot be explained. Unless you were there right at that second you cant really say they are right or wrong.

Its a mystery wrapped inside an enigma and thats the way it should stay for the sake of the tourist trade  :004:

For those who question the thing we call nature/evolutiuon and the very possibility that it can amaze us ...... I have one word ..... Coelacanth !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelacanth

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_mist...evolucion_2.htm

Well CB, I know what I saw, my husband, three kids and a dozen others saw 'her' too, just a few feet from the wee 'beachy' bit in front of the castle.  I know something's there, doesn't matter to me what you think one way or another.  :030:

Many yrs ago, my dad was driving in upper foyers....when he saw a crowd pulled in at the side of the road. He pulled in and proceeded to watch something in the loch for a while. Later on that day...he bumped into his brother....turns out he had been in lower foyers at the same time and had also been watching this creature in the loch

Charles, its a shame you're not as sceptical of Brewster's ability to manage as you are about Nessie.

I suppose if she bought you a pint in the Heathie and a wee exclusive then you'd believe in her!  :015: