FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen (a)

RiG

I don't think Black should be pushing forward either....again, we have others who are better at that than him, and I think he is better as an out and out central midfielder linking back to front, or as a defensive midfielder.

Do you not think Black mistimes a few too many tackles to play as our deepest midfielder? Maybe I'm doing him an injustice based on times I've seen him, but against quicker players he's tended to slide in late a bit too often - this has contributed to his poor disciplinary record IMO. I'd prefer to see Duncan mopping up behind him and passing short for Black to do the link-up work.

Possibly I've also got a blind spot where McBain is concerned, but I'd rather see Imrie and Cowie as the wide players with McAllister given his chance alongside Barrowman up front. Last season's defence should probably get one more chance - maybe McGuire will miraculously recover his "new Willie Miller" potential of ten years ago. :rotflmao: So:

Fraser

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

McAllister Barrowman

Wilson as an early sub with Cowie going central if that midfield isn't working.

BBC reports today on players in the squad for tomorrow : Fraser, Esson, Tokely, Zadi, Hastings, Kerr, McBain, Wilson, Black, Imrie, Duncan, Cowie, Sutherland, Vigurs, Barrowman, McAllister, Wood.

For some reason "Hart" is also included :thumb04:

So, possible Starting XIs?

From that squad, its would have to be:

Fraser

Tokely - Zadi - Hastings - McBain

Cowie - Duncan - Black - Imrie

Barrowman - McAllister

Subs - Esson, Kerr, Vigurs, Wilson, Sutherland, Wood, ???? (hart??)

Looking at that, you've got to worry at our chances of staying up :rotflmao:

Two very inconsistent left backs as the centre back pairing, and a left/central midfielder playing left back. Then a striker who was failed as of yet to prove he is anywhere near SPL quality, up front with a player who failed to prove himself at First Division level two years ago.

Unless Brew makes some astute signings before September, I'm very very worried :018:

Thoughts?

Bad news!

Mike Tumilty is the ref!

We've not had a verey good record with him!

Are there any facts to back that up? When he was announced as ref no alarm bells went off in my head.

To be honest, it's a game against the Dons; we're going to concede a penalty and get a man sent off regardless who's ref ;) :rotflmao: :018: :thumb04:

Ummm why? I always go to Pittodrie with Dons supporting friends for the Caley games but I would never dream of sitting with them!

Only cos we get tickets from work. It was ace today, you lot were very vocal, and I nearly got a kicking after the first goal!! top day.!!!!