FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In the words of the Clash.....

Bronson

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have had him back in the first place. In my opinion that made the club look exceedingly stupid to rehire somoene who sold us down the river, in particular someone who sold us down the river and made a dire job at his new club where he was once a hero.

Granted we had a good honeymoon period under Brewster this time last year but we have been inconsistant for ten months now. Three of our victories have been against a club which was imploding at an alarming rate.

Although Dougie Imrie has been a good signing and I rate my namesake in defence. I feel Phill Macguire has been a poor signing for us, Steven Watt flopped, Barrowman, Esson and Rooney have still not proven themselves. Brewster has continued the futile cycle of chances for clueless Macallister, chased away Rankin, Parky, Wyness, Hart and never even gave Macdonald a chance.

The two cup runs last season were dire. We did thwart Gretna and Arbroath in the CIS Cup last year. We crashed and burned against Aberdeen and went out in the first round we participated to Hibs. Considering the importance of a good Scottish Cup run to ourselves. Alarm bells should have been ringing after that. Even in this years CIS Cup our victories over two teams struggling in their respective division have been anything but convincing.

I attended the game yesterday and the "tactics" I witnessed were appauling. Not only were we treated to the tradional Brewster tactic of hoofing the ball up the feild; we also had to see arguably the two best players on the feild get substituted meaning the emphisis on what we should have been concentrating on, attacking was halted. When Motherwell equalised I expected Brewster to bring on another striker; he didnt. When we went behind I thought he would see sense take take Barrowman on. Instead he waited untill the 85th minute. How is a player who has been out for a few games suppossed to warm up in the remaining five minutes let alone net a goal?

I think that the club made a grave error in bring Brew back and if they do not act quck I fear for the worst. We should not be in a relegation situation as we havent been since we entered the SPL. This egotistical menace is undoing all the hard work the players, club and fans have done over the past 14 years. I for one don't want to see it continue any longer. I think that if we lose on Tuesday night that should be the last straw. I have little confidence in us on Tuesday and I have little confidence in the board reacting to the result.

iamthecaptain1 offers a strong defence of Brewster. I don't think this is the time for pushing panic buttons - that time may come if the bad run continues into the next two home games. None of us expect much from Ibrox or Easter Road but if we take any less than 3 points from the two home games against Falkirk and Hearts then our home form starts to become intolerable.

We went on a horrible run before the split last season and i was screaming for his head. Things are a bit different this time. We've got a really young team - that can't be entirely Brewster's fault as he obviously doesn't have much money to bring anyone in - and we managed to chalk up a few unlikely points earlier in the season leaving us in thick of of a really tight league.

Although Dougie Imrie has been a good signing and I rate my namesake in defence. I feel Phill Macguire has been a poor signing for us, Steven Watt flopped, Barrowman, Esson and Rooney have still not proven themselves. Brewster has continued the futile cycle of chances for clueless Macallister, chased away Rankin, Parky, Wyness, Hart and never even gave Macdonald a chance.

That's pretty harsh. There's plenty of scope to slag Brewster with regards to tactics, arrogance, dodgy tan etc. but his signings haven't been too bad.

Watt was Charlie's and Barrowman, Esson and Rooney haven't had much of a chance to show what they can do yet. McGuire was signed on deadline day when we were deperate for a centre-half.

As you say, Proctor and Imrie are decent signings.

Same old, same old...... :thumb04:

Neksor's comment .." should seek someone with a more passionate approach and better management skills " is closer to the mark than the frustrated negative comments expressed on here such as "he's an idiot".

Actually he is not an idiot in his profession--great technical football skills, experienced in football in general, has many contacts within the game, has very limited resorces to work with and seems to be in a cleft stick as a result thus being forced to play young inexperienced players .

It could be that he is not what some people describe as "very smiling and personable" but people under his supervision and charge should remember that he also needs loyalty and support and the players are not there to give him advice but to play their role in the club's scheme of things by making the greatest effort to play their part on the park.

An inability to command loyalty and be able to inspire players to perform to their full potential is a gift--maybe he has it, maybe not, but he should be given until the end of the season to complete whatever he is trying to accomplish.

But so long as the defence continues to leak goals and not have a zipped-up seam across the park then it could be hopeless. Dods went and he is sorely missed. What happened to fortress Longman? When it disappeared so did faith,hope and charity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :rotflmao:

I honestly believe he should stay. Hes kept us up and I trust it will stay that way. I dont think he should go this season unless we drop into relegation. As far as im concerned given the size of the club and the finances we have available we are doing exceptionally well. Lets not kid ourselves, were no Rangers or Celtic.

This poster is correct.

The reason there is so much animosity is that Brew is not liked. If he was a "man of the people", like Pele eg, it would be "good times round the corner", "just a few wee tweaks" and so on. But no, flashy dresser, unorthodox football history, and of course, The Betrayal, and the blood gets bayed for.

He may seem like a slow learner at times, but he is with us now, and he will be here for a while yet. And we will be staying up.

Guest Mahonio

I agree Brewster HAS TO GO.

As to who replace him with i say any Scottish manager who did not do a great job in England.

Just look at Levein, McGhee, Smith and Strachan.

They all got the sack for not doing good jobs in English clubs but are working wonders in Spl.

I say we get either Colin Hendry or Colin Calderwood.

Lets not forget, we offered Brewster his FIRST job in management. He had NO prior management job AT ALL. His first time with us was mixed. He then left for Utd where he was ROTTEN.

So what do we do? We take him back.

So reflecting on this, and when the question arises as to who could/should replace him, then my answer would be any number of wannabe managers with absoluetly NO EXPERIENCE, could do no worse than he has.

Guest onlyonedougieimre

Brewster is bad!! We are level at 1-1 against Well, and looking for the winner, then he takes off out No.1 striker Rooney and our playmaker Ian Black and he sticks on a defensive midfeilder and another midfielder!!

****Edited by The Mantis - abusive language****

Edited by The Mantis

1. Ian Black was injured, so he had no choice

2. Please refrain from using insults. This forum is getting worse each day :rotflmao:

Hail Hail

I rate brewster highly.

He's the right man for the job, how can he be accounted for individual errors (and tonight dodgy officiating!). Results will get better, Barrowman will be back to full fitness also maybe a certain 42yr old could be persuaded to pull on the boots..

Nope, I've held my tongue for long enough now hoping that things would be ok and that just like last seasons bad patch we'd get through it. But now Brewster... HE HAS TO GO! I don't care for all of the excuses made, this is my opinion, why hold onto a manager that consistently doesn't get you results?

It happens to the best of teams who let go off managers that don't get the job done, most recently Tottenham, Dundee, and anyone else that someone might like to add. It even happens in football manager!! You don't do things right, blame it on a computer glitch and that it isn't your fault or something, you get fired, realise you were sh*t with that team, start a new game and try again. Why shouldn't we be the same?! Why should we constantly HOPE for better things with the same manager that ISN'T getting things right and go for someone who might! Do you really want to spend this season on hope?

HE HAS TO GO! NOW!

Nope, I've held my tongue for long enough now hoping that things would be ok and that just like last seasons bad patch we'd get through it. But now Brewster... HE HAS TO GO! I don't care for all of the excuses made, this is my opinion, why hold onto a manager that consistently doesn't get you results?

It happens to the best of teams who let go off managers that don't get the job done, most recently Tottenham, Dundee, and anyone else that someone might like to add. It even happens in football manager!! You don't do things right, blame it on a computer glitch and that it isn't your fault or something, you get fired, realise you were sh*t with that team, start a new game and try again. Why shouldn't we be the same?! Why should we constantly HOPE for better things with the same manager that ISN'T getting things right and go for someone who might! Do you really want to spend this season on hope?

HE HAS TO GO! NOW!

And who would you replace him with, there didnt appear to be a lot of top quality candidates when CC went. lots of calls for Brews head but I havent seen that many realistic suggestions as to who should replace him

HE HAS TO GO! NOW!

And who would you replace him with, there didnt appear to be a lot of top quality candidates when CC went. lots of calls for Brews head but I havent seen that many realistic suggestions as to who should replace him

I answered that question in the Falkirk match day thread, and people are already giving examples

HE HAS TO GO! NOW!

The real reason the BoD won't fire him is because the man pulling the strings of the puppets that sit at the big table is the man that took Brewster back.

The fact is, I think most fans don't actually care who replaces him. As long as he takes Thomson with him, it could be the bloody mascot that selects the next team and we'd probably see an improvement.

Brewster waited a long and patient time to sign Barrowman but so far the player has not been successful. From what I saw of him recently I think he may lack the killer instinct. Runs hard enough if and when he gets the ball and is not good with his head. A more aggressive determined physical attitude might win him more balls and a few more positive comments.

This is only my opinion but I think that perhaps he did hang out too long for a better offer indicating that he felt that he was a really fine player and that he could practically pick and choose which team to go to yet he has yet to prove that he is as good as we were all led to believe.

I am not saying that he did not have the right to do what he thought was best for himself but the fall is higher from a position on high whereas people have a little bit more time for a player or guy with more modest initial ambitions in his career path....until he proves himself at a higher level. I feel that maybe Brew senses this but he is obliged to pursue playing him now for obvious reasons.

But IMHO he has not tried hard enough to allow him come up to expectations. His fault or Brew's ? Whew! I don't know , maybe a combination of both. But compare him to Imrie who is a ball of aggressive nervous energy and you can see my point. The difference is that Imrie wants the ball and is willing to take on a player and have a go , as I saw it anyway? Anyway I hope he turns into a spellbinder but I just question his work rate and passion I suppose.

Comments?

His first spell with us wasn't mixed, I would say it was pretty successfull.

I think his record stood something along the lines of W1 D1 L1 for every three games so quite mixed at times though we did develop that fantastic Away record under Brewster.

Can I put my sons name for manager? :rotflmao:

He is at every game & would be very happy with a pie at half time. It would save us a fortune.

Hes only 11 but shows total dedication to ICT. Even when we get beat he is still upbeat and looks forward to the next game.... I dont think he could do much worse! :thumb04: (?)

The board have to ask themselves a question here: do they A stick with and almost certainly get relegated or B get rid and bring someone else in with the possibility of staying up. Having to watch another long ball extravaganza on Saturday I reckon most would take B any day. Brew as a manager is a good as an old wet carrot. He is to football management what Sarah Palin is to golf. Nowt. Only ICT would be daft enough to take him back after the Dundee United disaster. Saturday proved to me how useless he is. He keeps on Wood who was a much good as two planks of wood, he takes off Rooney, someone who'd been playing quite well and who does he put on? The great goal scorer himself Roy McBain even after Motherwell go 2-1 up. Joke tactics by a joke manager. It looks increasingly likely ICT will be relegated this season and it is mainly Brewster and his tactics's fault. He's got to go.

Edited by Renegade