FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster is the man for the job

FootyFanatic

Robbo was my personal fave to take over from CC, but in the back of my head I always knew Brew would return. But I cannot possibly rate brew as an SPL Manager. He was OK for us first time round, but I think that had more to do with his abiilities on the park rather than the bench. He did didly squat at Utd and you only have to see was Mr Levein did with the same squad to see that Brew just did not have even close to the same managerial qualities.

Ok - I admit, levein has been in management for a longer spell and would have better experience, but when you see who brew used to play under and the people he has been around in football, I fail to see why he has not put any of this knowledge into his own management style.

JR as manager with CC as assistant. I'd probably have Barry in a coaching role also. All of these 3 would serve the club well as they clearly have ICT's best interests at heart. They underdstand what ICT is and what we're all about. They show this with heart, whereas IMO, Brew just thinks this is only a job, and lacks the passion that we fans want to see when they all emerge from the tunnel.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbo was my personal fave to take over from CC, but in the back of my head I always knew Brew would return. But I cannot possibly rate brew as an SPL Manager. He was OK for us first time round, but I think that had more to do with his abiilities on the park rather than the bench. He did didly squat at Utd and you only have to see was Mr Levein did with the same squad to see that Brew just did not have even close to the same managerial qualities.

Ok - I admit, levein has been in management for a longer spell and would have better experience, but when you see who brew used to play under and the people he has been around in football, I fail to see why he has not put any of this knowledge into his own management style.

JR as manager with CC as assistant. I'd probably have Barry in a coaching role also. All of these 3 would serve the club well as they clearly have ICT's best interests at heart. They underdstand what ICT is and what we're all about. They show this with heart, whereas IMO, Brew just thinks this is only a job, and lacks the passion that we fans want to see when they all emerge from the tunnel.

Seriously, you are soooooooooooo wrong

Seriously, you are soooooooooooo wrong

Yup I totally agree with Gringo and would LOVE to hear your argument against ralph!?

Go on, tell us again why you think Brewster is such a great manager, I could do with cheering up.

Where in any post did i say he's a great manager?

Thats not what i was on about, what I was meaning was he is most definately passionate about ICT and for anyone to suggest otherwise well quite frankly they don't know JACK.

ICTodd, JR/CC/BW sorry but i think you've been reading too much Mills & Boon this weekend

Yup I totally agree with Gringo and would LOVE to hear your argument against ralph!?

The evolutionary process is starting to take effect - people are taking note of the signature me amigo :thumb04: :rotflmao:

I fail to see how brewsters record of 1 home win this season, lack of consistancy and playing people out of position - not to mention the clear lack of man-management (i.e players telling him to GTF during a game) - can outway everything Robbo has done for this club. The man took us into the SPL, has respect for the fans and his players and gets it back in return, his contacts in the game, his clear knowledge of tactics and substitutions and how to get the best from a small squad. How he managed to beat Celtic in the cup, get us in the SPL and lead us to 2 cup semis. Was he not the manager when we won the Challenege cup also?

Go on, tell us again why you think Brewster is such a great manager, I could do with cheering up.

Thats not what i was on about, what I was meaning was he is most definately passionate about ICT and for anyone to suggest otherwise well quite frankly they don't know JACK.

ICTodd, JR/CC/BW sorry but i think you've been reading too much Mills & Boon this weekend

I know a couple of Jacks....you got a surname so I can narrow it down to see if I know the one you refer to?

I'm sorry but I don't see it. A second chance may have made him think twice about loyalty but as for passion there's very little ad its comes across clearly in his media interviews. He also has no respect for the fans and I've mentioned this a few times now, but after the poor performances of late he has NEVER ONCE apologised to the fans, or said that through tough times we still show up and still love this club!

Brewster:

young

a talented footballer that understands the need for fitness and hard work

attacking style of play under his guidance

has good contacts within the game

helped us beat celtic and aberdeen (two biggest games for me)

saved us from relegation with quality signings, a la dargo and dougie

obviously loves ict and inverness

confident enough to stand up for himself and his footballing philosophy/team selection

John Robertson:

good manager.

Barry Wilson:

going to be a good manager, but not yet.

no experience

Roberston

Only 3 years older than Brewster

Led us to the SPL

2 semi finals consecutively

Held our best league position in the SPL

Has a load of contacts in the game

Loved Caley and what we stood for

As said, stood up against the board and wasn't prepared to let them walk all over him (unlike Brewster)

Brewster

Tactically inept

1 home win so far this season

No confidence in his players (chopping and changing far to often, my biggest grievance being Duff so quickly replaced by Proctor, at least someone knows the UNDER 21 SCOTLAND SQUAD player has got talent)

No man management skills

No respect for the fans

No experience as a manager... unless you call a failed attempt at Dundee experience!

Roberston

Led us to the SPL

As said, stood up against the board and wasn't prepared to let them walk all over him (unlike Brewster)

Brewster

Tactically inept

No confidence in his players (chopping and changing far to often, my biggest grievance being Duff so quickly replaced by Proctor, at least someone knows the UNDER 21 SCOTLAND SQUAD player has got talent)

No man management skills

No respect for the fans

No experience as a manager... unless you call a failed attempt at Dundee experience!

Go on give us an example of when CB has let the board walk all over him ?

Roberston

Led us to the SPL

Brewster

Tactically inept

No man management skills

No respect for the fans

As I hope Barrowman will get better, Brewster chased him for an age and it wasn't him wanting to wait but the board pressuring him to get his signature... he even put out deadlines (which Barrowman ignored and shame on him) but remained on the chase afterwards as the board wanted him to

Roberston

Led us to the SPL

Brewster

Tactically inept

No man management skills

No respect for the fans

As I hope Barrowman will get better, Brewster chased him for an age and it wasn't him wanting to wait but the board pressuring him to get his signature... he even put out deadlines (which Barrowman ignored and shame on him) but remained on the chase afterwards as the board wanted him to

Sorry but that is total poop

And one more point Ralph, do you argue with the fact that Robertson was and always will be a better manager than Brewster? Because I think the facts speak for themselves. And the fact that the majority without the rose tinted Brewster love spectacles can see what an a**e up he is doing to our club just now!

And one more point Ralph, do you argue with the fact that Robertson was and always will be a better manager than Brewster? Because I think the facts speak for themselves. And the fact that the majority without the rose tinted Brewster love spectacles can see what an a**e up he is doing to our club just now!

You're entitled to your opinion

John Robertson never hid the fact he'd love to go back to Hearts one day as a manager so when the chance was there he took it. Brewster on the otherhand responded to a question linking him another job (I forget which one Hibs or the UTD job) he's still learning as a manager and caley was the ideal club to do that, shortly after he left.

I would welcome Robbo back with open arms if the manager's job was vacant.

Edited by Beer Monster

No matter how much we moan and groan Brewster won't go any where!!!

We just have to grin and bare it!

I'm not baring anything, I intend to wrap up as tightly as possible this winter! :rotflmao:

Seriously though, we cannot go on the way we are now, as it can only lead to disaster. Right now I would jump at the chance of having Robbo back: I have tremendous respect for him and his record while he was with us speaks for itself IMHO. I'm not a huge fan of taking back former managers, but he's the one I would take back if it were up to me. If the board had had any sense last year they would have employed him or someone like him.

Much as I like JR, surely if Brewster was to go, is re hiring JR not as risky as what we did with Brewster?!

Also, it is my opinion that the jury still remains out on him as a manager himself.

If and I have said this before, our manager goes we would be nuts to hire anyone without a solid proven track record as a manager? It is far too much of a risk.

I'm really unsure if JR has the credentials.

This is great fun - Ralf Milne is making such a Jack Shittt out of himself - He is clearly in love with the Brewster God.

:rotflmao::lol: :thumb04: :018:

How has Brewster fared since the split last season ?

What is his record in respect of league matches ? Win / lose /draw ?

How many goals have we scored and how many goals have we lost since the split last season ?

Has he maintained the clear support of the players and the fans ?

Oh - and how does that tie in with the demise of Savage and Niculae ? ;)

Sorry FF, but like others i question if you are employed by the club in some official capacity, especially with the 4 posts total. Im really sorry if your not and just a football fan....atic but it does come across that way.

I DO think Brewster handled the Wyness situation properly in the end. To be honest his performances or goal ratio were not deserving of earning him a new contract and Brewster said as much. I was disappointed to lose Bayne as he was always improving and had experience and had a knack of scoring important goals, even if not alot.

It was interesting to see that the County manager rates Ritchie Hart as his best player and considers him more than capable of making the step back up to the SPL.

Losing Rankin was a blow as he was very capable, I think Craig realised this too late and it was one that slipped away.

I do appreciate that he has found talent like Vigurs, Wood, Duff and blooded them into the 1st team. He was also the one to give Ian Black his chance of a regular game if i remember correctly.

His emphasis on fitness gives us an edge where others may lack.

However despite all this being a good former player does not nessesarily make you a good manager. Ruud Gullit was top class but has ultimately failed in managment. And people with no real football pedigree such as Mourinho, Advocaat and Scolari have all won top competitions.

Being able to spot a talent doesnt make you a good coach... a good scout yes but it doesnt mean you'll get the best out of them on match days.

Being able to keep a squad super fit does not make a good manager... a fitness coach yes but not manager.

Being good on charity days at tesco makes you a swell enough guy, but not nessesarily able to make the sub that is gonna win the match.

With the squad we have i honestly dont expect to finish any higher than 8th (but it shouldnt be any lower than 10th)

With this in mind i naturally expect to lose a fair chunk of games, draw a few, and be outplayed on occasions.

What am i saying? I want to give Brewster the support however i am still very much unsure as to whether he is the man to take us forward. He doesnt always get his point across well. Im not sure if the players respect him(theyre hardly going to say otherwise) and he does make to many baffling tactical desicions for his own good.

Having reflected, 'What has Brew achieved as a Manager?'

He starts fairly well, then moves. He wins nothing and does not achieve much of note in Cups - ICT's roots.

For one reason, or another, he is an absolute disaster at United taking them on an amazing run of home (and away) defeats.

He re-starts 'unfinished' business at ICT. After pulling us out of a big hole he has a good run of results then down hill we go but with Gretna in freefall our safety is not an issue. Our results are very poor, we fail in Cups, we end up in our worst league position in the SPL. Brew is perhaps in denial that he has to retire as a player.

He starts 2008/09 on a high. We beat Aberdeen on the first day then start losing to virtually all other teams. We seem to underestimate Arbroath and Morton before 'back luck and adverse refeeing decisions' see us lose against Falkirk.

We seem to be playing 'good' football but there appears to be a major motivational issue with quite a few players. Even Brewster seems very rattled against Falkirk. Our role as SPL charity continues unabated as we provide three points to virtually every team that travels north under Brew's stewardship.

Supporters remain critical although this is a feature of all teams in the SPL.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

What can i say about Robbo. He won us the Challenge cup. Turned us from a grerat attacking team into an attacking, consistant team. Then we won the league. Got promoted. Had us on great cup runs. Kept us up and left when and where in all fairness we all knew he would go. To Hearts.

Brew severed his ties from the club badly and has not done enough to win people back over. Him tactics can be shambolic and doesnt have the passion of Robbo or CC.

I can understand that Dun utd were HIS team but he belittled ICT and fell flat on face. Serves him right. HE could hardly come back into open arms.

Robbo left and thanked ICT for what they gave him. He would be welcomed back... to how much success i dont know.

If people dont want him here the only way is to be vocal about it and eventually hope the board clicks.

Brew has to win the fans around with results, then he'll get support. Not the other way around.