FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Digital Photography

Jay_7

Does anyone know of anywhere local that are looking to buy some photographs to display - possibly even sell on a regular basis?

The reason I ask is that I have a few photographs I took on holiday this year and I think a few have the potential to make a bit of money. Here's an example of one...

post-1923-1227020381_thumb.jpg

All I have is the idea of selling photographs - I've no idea how to progress it.

Any help appreciated... :rotflmao:

You can upload photos onto Photobox for people to browse through. If they like what they see they can buy copies for themselves and you get a cut for the price. That's the only one I know of at the minute.

What other photos do you have? Would be nice to see others. Also, what camera do you work with again?

Edited by RiG

You can upload photos onto Photobox for people to browse through. If they like what they see they can buy copies for themselves and you get a cut for the price. That's the only one I know of at the minute.

What other photos do you have? Would be nice to see others. Also, what camera do you work with again?

I'll certainly be looking into this Photobox. Currently, that's the only sample photo I have but I'll try to post some more tonight when I get home. Camera is a Canon EOS 400D - Not the best D-SLR out there but much better than any compact...

Other suggestions folk have come up with are places like local tearooms or doctors surgeries, possibly even hotels - But I've no idea how to go about that.

1) Get a flickr account. They're not for sale there but if your photos are any good loads of people will see them and a few people will want to use them. I got ?40 for somebody using one a couple of weeks ago but I've been paid for very few photos - usually people try to beg them for free.

2) Join a stock library, eg bigstockphoto, photolia, dreamstime. You only get a dollar or two each download but again if they're any good you get multiple downloads and no effort on your part.

3) Send a CD off to magazines like Scottish memories, Scots Magazine, nature magazines, anything that seems to use photos.

Nowadays photos have to be really distinctive to sell. Everybody's got a digicam and many businesses needing photos try to bypass the pros and get them for free off amateurs. Most amateurs are happy to get their photo in print or to get a free magazine etc, so that kind of undermines the whole idea of charging - they just go elsewhere.

1) Get a flickr account. They're not for sale there but if your photos are any good loads of people will see them and a few people will want to use them. I got ?40 for somebody using one a couple of weeks ago but I've been paid for very few photos - usually people try to beg them for free.

2) Join a stock library, eg bigstockphoto, photolia, dreamstime. You only get a dollar or two each download but again if they're any good you get multiple downloads and no effort on your part.

3) Send a CD off to magazines like Scottish memories, Scots Magazine, nature magazines, anything that seems to use photos.

Nowadays photos have to be really distinctive to sell. Everybody's got a digicam and many businesses needing photos try to bypass the pros and get them for free off amateurs. Most amateurs are happy to get their photo in print or to get a free magazine etc, so that kind of undermines the whole idea of charging - they just go elsewhere.

Cheers Mantis... I've been meaning to create a Flickr accounts for a while.

I have taken a few I am proud of too ....... think these are my personal faves for various reasons ....

Relaxing Leopard:

post-2-1227031725_thumb.png

Solitude on Lake Ontario

post-2-1227031738_thumb.png

Solitude on Lake Ontario II

post-2-1227031751_thumb.png

Cuban Beach

post-2-1227031764_thumb.png

Tropicana Club Havana

post-2-1227031785_thumb.png

I like the last two. I think if you crop the first that would make it a better shot. The 2nd doesn't seem to be fully focused?

Took the 2nd one in a bit of a hurry before it flew away. I was a good bit away from it as well, 250mm focal length on my camera is roughly similar to 400mm on a film camera.

Got a Flickr account now and will be adding more and more to it as I get through the images.

Edited by Jay_7