FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adults Wearing Football Shirts

Renegade

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of adults wearing football shirts?

• Right
    • Wrong

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of adults wearing football shirts? Personally I think it's quite sad. Which reminds me that ICT (along with Rangers) are the first teams to bring out an XXXXXL shirt. I reckon if you can let yourself get to that size, you don't deserve a shirt.

On the first part....each to their own, I personally only wear mine to the football, although I do have an ICT Rugby Shirt which I've been known to wear at other times.

With regards the second part.... :rotflmao: - It doesn't merit any more than that.

Where can I find a pic of that PR stunt ICT did last summer with the painted on kit? I defy anyone to say that was wrong.

That wasn't painted on ya cheeky cnut, I was posing for a pic to showcase our 5XL tops.

John Westwood doesnt wear much in the way of anything at all, to be fair!

God hes funny though.

People should be allowed to wear Football Shirts, whatever age, its a shirt at t'end of day.

And, in reply to the comments about XXXXXXXXXXXL shirts, count yourself lucky they are wearing a shirt! :rotflmao:

Its a damn sight nicer to see C O W I E stretched across a fat blokes back in comparison to back flab!

Why is a shirt different from a scarf or a banner?

I'm sure you see lots of people wandering round town with ICT banners. :rotflmao:

What do you think of adults wearing football shirts? Personally I think it's quite sad. Which reminds me that ICT (along with Rangers) are the first teams to bring out an XXXXXL shirt. I reckon if you can let yourself get to that size, you don't deserve a shirt.

Personally, I think this topic is quite sad. Your post basically slags off anyone who wears a shirt and those who are overweight. They don't deserve a shirt, who are you to decide?

I am sure you do many things that others may think are sad, lets just hope they are the bigger person and can let you get on with your life.

:thumb04:

Looks like the PC brigade is back in force, I was wondering where Sophia was all this time.

Edited by Renegade

I personally don't really care if an adult wants to wear a football shirt to show their allegiance to a certain team. I don't wear football tops myself (haven't done since I was about 15) I just don't like to wear them but if others do then it's their decision.

Looks like the PC brigade is back in force, I was wondering where Sophia was all this time.

It has got nothing to do with being PC. It's about having respect for other people's decisions.

Also in relation to my question I meant banners at games, your post obviously was referring to shirt wearing at games too.

Edited by KMCN

What boat you on birdog?

RiG your just a babe so you get away with it.

Exactly what I mean Alex , its ok for children ( a bit like playing dressing up ) but definitely not for an adult .

I tick all boxes. I am both overweight and have my name on the back. I also have my age (then 47) in the number space. I never tried to think or pretend, I was a player, ad I dont think anyone that has their name on the back does too. Much more fun than having some, for example, overpaid journeyman who will be gone in a fortnight.

I never wear it to a match or out on the street, though.

I am trying to recall, but wen I started going to footie, early 70s, no-one wore strips to matches. I am pretty sure this was an 80s thing. Anyone know different?

Not a problem if worn at a game. As mentioned before in Glasgow the OF have them on 24/7. It is more of a tribal thing with them I think.

As for the XXXXXL tops, that is a load of rubbish. The only reason we have XXXXXL tops is down to the fact the our useless strip people use odd sizes. The XXXXXL is actually a XXXL top in the normal world. I am sure that most people in ICT tops have to wear at least one size from the normal. ( My excuse anyway!).

Not a problem if worn at a game. As mentioned before in Glasgow the OF have them on 24/7. It is more of a tribal thing with them I think.

As for the XXXXXL tops, that is a load of rubbish. The only reason we have XXXXXL tops is down to the fact the our useless strip people use odd sizes. The XXXXXL is actually a XXXL top in the normal world. I am sure that most people in ICT tops have to wear at least one size from the normal. ( My excuse anyway!).

Its more a weegie mink thing I think .

It has got nothing to do with being PC. It's about having respect for other people's decisions.

Also in relation to my question I meant banners at games, your post obviously was referring to shirt wearing at games too.

Well that's me told then :rotflmao: But really, I don't have a problem with people wearing shirts at games (I've even done it myself [on occaison mind]), but what I do find rather sad are these big tubs of lard who wonder around in the football shirts (usually OF).

Well that's me told then :rotflmao: But really, I don't have a problem with people wearing shirts at games (I've even done it myself [on occaison mind]), but what I do find rather sad are these big tubs of lard who wonder around in the football shirts (usually OF).

It is worth pointing out that not all incidents of obesity are down to overeating, and may be a symptom of an illness r condition, rather than greed. Not in my case however.

Maybe your question should have actually been then (as based on your question alone you are sad) -

Should big tubs of lard be allowed to wonder around in football shirts? As this seems to be your main issue?

Would you like to meet and discuss your views over a large portion of pie, chips and beans? If you're lucky I might even stretch to some cake for afters.

Would you like to meet and discuss your views over a large portion of pie, chips and beans? If you're lucky I might even stretch to some cake for afters.

I'm in! Ill be the one in the Blue and Red top.....Sorry, was that an open offer?

Can I hold yer coats?!?... :thumb04:

Ha ha - now that would be funny. :rotflmao:

I often wear a footie top around the flat. Sometimes just to **** the mrs off!

I wore my new Scotland shirt to work the other day, the joys of not having to wear a uniform or collar and tie to work. It's alright tho Renegade, I'm no' a "big tub of lard".

To heck with your pie and beans but I will be there for the cakes, sorry cant wear my top for some reason they have all shrunk.

Perhaps when the new "away" kit design is submitted to errea the club could ask for replica shirts to be made of a material which does not shrink over time. There seems to be a lot of cases cropping up of strip shrinkage.