FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's Your Candidate?

Renegade

Who's your candidate?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate do you want to see at ICT?

• John Robertson
    • Terry Butcher
    • Derek McInnes
    • Neale Cooper
    • Steven Pressley
    • Duncan Shearer
    • Jim Duffy
    • Barry Wilson
    • Derek Adams
    • Donald Park
    • Stevie Frail
    • Steve Paterson
    • Craig Brown
    • Ian McCall
    • Gordon Chisholm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't seem to vote but I'm going for Pele or, if ill-health precludes, Robbo.

Hi, not sure where the 'ill-health' stories are coming from?????

Ill-health as in pyschological illness. Quite well known his demons of drink and gambling. No idea what place his head is in to these days.

BTW, the voting's working again.

Why Steve Frail? He's only had one manager's job, where he was awful. Honestly, why?

What appeals to me most about a Robbo appointment is that he already has a very good knowledge of most of the squad, and will already have an idea as to where improvements can be made with regard to coaching, team selection, tactics, etc, etc.

He could also start work tomorrow....

I'd urge the board to seriously consider taking Robbo on, even on a short term trial period.

Time has virtually run out to consider any other course of action...

Were showing a serious lack of ambition if we take another manager back. Can't believe the board are even considering it. Robbo was in this position with Livingston 3 seasons ago and he failed to keep them up. I appreciate what he did while he was here but that was then and this is now.

I voted Craig Brown, experienced, down to earth, knows the game and dosen't have a massive ego(as far as i know). Yes he is a bit on the old side but i'm still convinced he could do a job for us.

I would happily welcome the idea of Terry Butcher or Archie Knox as well though however with Barry Wilson working as along side one them in a Walter, Ally McCoist sort of roll.

What appeals to me most about a Robbo appointment is that he already has a very good knowledge of most of the squad, and will already have an idea as to where improvements can be made with regard to coaching, team selection, tactics, etc, etc.

He could also start work tomorrow....

I'd urge the board to seriously consider taking Robbo on, even on a short term trial period.

Time has virtually run out to consider any other course of action...

that could work as a disadvantage though as the players might feel they were in his team before so they dont have to prove themselfs to him again whereas they may work extra hard to impress a manager they have not had before. Duncan was saying in one of the papers someone linked here that everyone would fear for their place and have to impress a new boss, would they have to impress a boss they had previous to the same extent who played them before and knows what their about? also going back didnt work last time when the boss knew most of the squad etc etc

I don't view Robbo as "going back".

Since parting company with us and being relatively successful in his time away he'll have gained a lot more experience, learned a lot more about the job and grown his list of contacts.

This means he would be returning as an experienced manager as opposed to the rookie manager that left for Hearts. Having been pretty successful at ICT as a rookie, then I think we'd be stupid to pass up the chance of seeing what he can do now he's experienced.

Add to that the fact he's available, he's local, he's passionate about ICT and comes without any "baggage" (involvement in things which might detract from the job) and I don't think there's another manager out there that we could afford who ticks more boxes.

To dismiss him on the grounds that he's been here before is, IMO, cutting off your nose to spite your face.