FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo's last chance?

Yngwie

By all accounts, Robbo was runner-up this time. He must be gutted. His passion and commitment were apparent, and it was clear how much he wanted this.

On the other hand, if he hadn't walked out on us years ago he might still be with us as an SPL manager, who knows, so maybe he doesn't deserve too much sympathy.

Was this Robbo's last chance of becoming an SPL manager?

Guest Murdock

Butcher apparently still has some details to iron out. I am sure he will be our next manager but there is still a chance that the final details cannot be agreed upon and then Robbo will be offered the job.

Even if that does not happen (and given all the press I cannot see it being anyone but Butcher) I am sure we will see Robbo as a manager of someone in the SPL in the coming years.

By all accounts, Robbo was runner-up this time. He must be gutted. His passion and commitment were apparent, and it was clear how much he wanted this.

On the other hand, if he hadn't walked out on us years ago he might still be with us as an SPL manager, who knows, so maybe he doesn't deserve too much sympathy.

Was this Robbo's last chance of becoming an SPL manager?

Robbo will be offered his old job back, once we're back in Div1...

The point is that no other club holds him in as high regard as we do. Not least because he got us promoted, still lives in Inverness, and generally endears himself to our fans.

And yet we still don't offer him the job.

Most of us believe he has the ability to manage well at this level, but SPL clubs might just see another out of work manager, one who left 5 clubs in quick succession, in acrimonious circumstances. Barge pole stuff.

Edit - maybe Johnboy's right, this summer could be his best chance.

Edited by Yngwie

If any other club but Hearts had tried to prize Robbo away 4 seasons ago i'm convinced he would still be our manager now.

I agree that if Butcher fails then bringing him back would be a sensible soloution but i'am positive about Butcher.

Please lets all get over the John Robertson thing.I was at Pittodrie the first time he led hearts out against us.If things had worked out with romanov he wouldnt be giving Inverness so much as a second thought.Lets not embarrass ourselves by fawning over him.

Currently I am now behind Butcher 100%.

I like his sense of self-deprecating humour and humour is often a good way to defuse tension and get the affection if not the respect of players. He definitley seems to be positive and determined and has a bit of flair about him.

He could be a hit at Tulloch and I would not be a bit surprised if the "spirit" he says he saw in the team at Tynecastle was a factor in convincing him that ICT was worth taking on. One can appreciate what the Board sees in him. He has one distinctive factor also that is essential in a Manager--communicative ability. Let's hope that he uses it effectively in his dealings and relationship with and for players.

Finally I also like his comments about Ian Black about whom I have a sense of disappointment also.:-

1. The signing of a pre-nuptual contract with Hearts so long before the end of the season

2. His remark about his resistance to Brew's fitness requirements.

He will be a bit splashy with Hearts in the first three games and then he will not do too well in subsequent games. He may not fit in to the team......................

Another cryptic post from Codswallop Hall. Smile.

Why shouldn't Ian Black sign a Pre Contract at the earliest opportunity he had,he was working for a manager who didn't have a clue,a board who didnt offer him a contract till a very short time before he could sign the pre contract,he was being run in to the ground by "the ego's" fitness regime ffs and he's probably increased his wages by a fair bit and he has signed for a club a lot bigger than ICT

I really don't see how anyone can slag black for this