FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How Much Is A Semi-final Worth To Ictfc?

Westhillman

I know it won't be easy to get past Falkirk on Saturday but was still just wondering in financial terms how much would the club get for a trip to the semi-finals? If we get half the gate receipt against perhaps the dandy Dons or either side of the old firm then that might mean at least 250k (30,000 crowd!!) This obviously does not include TV money etc. I really hope that we will be able to take at least 5000 down to Glasgow(If we beat Falkirk?). A replay would obviously help line our pockets as well!!

Anyway I know there is more to football than money but any bounty would help retain the current squad assuming we stay up!!!!! :rotflmao:

The profits generated by both semis are divided evenly between the 4 clubs involved. I would have a guess at ?250,000 for each club if both of the OF are involved but not playing each other.

Edited by Caley

And a small point you no longer get sem-final reply's after last seasons dismal crowd at it

That's true. There was a "crowd" of 8536 at the semi replay between Dunfermline and Hibs at Hampden in season 2006/07, so now semi-finals are settled on the day.

Come on Caley, Come on Caley!

We are on a high after Wednesday, Falkirk are playing well now, but are still on a low!

Make Pressley wish he joined Caley, rather than ****** Falkirk!!

Edited by Yngwie
Language, please.

We could also ask 'How much is a Semi worth to Falkirk?' to see if they are hungrier than we are. The answer appears simple - they are heading for a financial crisis so will be desperate to win.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/How-lo...k-FC.5018754.jp

''How long can Falkirk FC stay in the black?

Falkirk FC chairman Campbell Christie

? Previous ? PreviousNext ? Next ?View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:

26 February 2009

By Stuart Barber

FALKIRK Football Club made a loss of ?152,000 last year.

Despite increasing income by six per cent to over ?4.5 million, soaring bills and the credit crunch hit them hard.

The Bairns are already bracing themselves to lose more money this season in the face of rising costs and are looking to raise ?300,000 to help balance the books ? with directors promising ?200,000.

It has also been confirmed that to make ends meet the club has taken an ?80,000 advance on a payment due from the Scottish Premier League at the end of the season.

Managing director George Craig said: "It's not a loan. Every member of the SPL qualifies for something. The final figure is dependent on where we finish in May."

Club chairman Campbell Christie, blamed a "tough" financial year for the shortfall and promised a tighter grip on spending.

He told shareholders at the annual general meeting running costs had gone up by 12 per cent ? but "disappointing" season ticket sales and gate receipts had failed to bridge the gap. He also admitted opening a new club shop in Falkirk's Kirk Wynd had not paid off.

He said: "For the current season we have set our budgets to maintain our investment in the first team and youth academy to give us the best chance of success on the field, however it is already clear we are not going to achieve our revenue goals."

Paying tribute to the investment of 'Super Fan' Sandy Alexander, who has paid for the pavilion at the Bairns' Stirling University training ground and is building the south stand at Westfield Stadium expected to be ready for the new season in August, the chairman warned: "The credit crunch has affected our sponsors and advertisers as well as our supporters. These shortfalls will be partly offset by increased income from the SPL and by our success in reaching the semi-final of the CIS Cup, but until we see recovery in our major revenue streams the board will need to adopt a policy of tighter budgeting and more- controlled investment levels."

Finance director Martin Ritchie stressed the club is debt free and has no borrowings. He said: "The company's position is satisfactory especially as the current assets exceed liabilities by ?281,000, but we have to create a bit more breathing space to break even by 2010."

With the side now dangerously close to relegation, Mr Ritchie said finishing as high up the SPL table as possible is the key.

He added: "Even finishing seventh last year we made a loss and that's a warning to us all. The higher you finish the more money you make, but our success has not translated into profit and it's been a disappointing year. We are forecasting losses, but taking steps to protect the business."

The club's money man also predicted the plan to dissolve the partnership with Falkirk Community Stadium Limited and team up solely with Falkirk Council would be a positive move. He said: "The business model with FCSL did not stand up. Breaking it up will be a positive thing for the football club and give us control of our future."

Team boss John Hughes told fans: "The figures are a bit scary, and might mean we have to sell a player. But if that has to be done that will be done, that's the business we are in. It's imperative we stay in the SPL. We've been hampered by injuries and drawn far too many games, but winning three of them would have us in eighth place, that's how tight things are."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21172570/

''We budgeted for top six finish, not a relegation scrap, says Falkirk chairman Campbell Christie

Mar 5 2009 By Neil Cameron ''

• 2 weeks later...

Could have been worth a fair bit now, with Dunfermline dumping Aberdeen last night and they now play Falkirk, our conquerors in the semi-final. Incidentally, Bayne scored the sealing penalty to knock the Dons out, 2-4.

Bad loss for us against Falkirk, in more ways than one.

Guest Caleylass

Bad loss for us against Falkirk, in more ways than one.

Aye maybe, but a win on Saturday could be worth a whole lot more.

I know which one I'd rather have.

Yes me too....... with Falkirk and St Mirren still in the cup, it may just affect their chances in the SPL, we have one target to concentrate on now and thats to stay up....... and of course go and beat Falkirk on Saturday........ bring it on

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I agree with that, how often do you see a team struggle in the league then do well the cup only to get beat by one of the OF in the final and then relegated. Did Dunfermline not do just that a few seasons ago?

Yeah they lost 1-0 to celtic

I have a figure in my head that was in the press the last time we were in the semis and its staying there.

Falkirk put us out of the CIS cup from an offside position.

Knocked us out of the Scottish cup by scoring via a penalty and somehow stopped a very good ICT from scoring against them, even with 10 men.

Were now out of the cup which is a shame but its in past now and its time to move on, there will be more cups to play for, next season.

Good luck in the League.