FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black For Scotland

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done to blackie he deserves it, as for him staying next season your having a laugh, not a chance he is going to stay at ICT. why would he turn down a top six team in a great city and far better wages...not a chance. people should stop kidding themselves.

Now confirmed on the official site

Right Here

Moving it back now - Never doubted you Gillian, however we do need some more evidence than hear say.

I did say it was fact, believe mw qhen I say my source is allmost 100%, any way well done to the wee man, it has also been said he was not a late choice, or rather he was but for all the right reasons, but who cares, an ICT player has been selected.

:rotflmao: Excellent news - but first the muppets have to persuade Butcher to stay and I am reliably informed that one of his "asks" is fer Black to stay and spondoolachs fer Pavels, Morais, Foran and Obdiambho.

A long time since we spoke IHE, but again you are so close I wonder if your source is the same as mine.

honestly, dont get my hopes up and tell me Blackie is considering staying an ICT player, id love very little more.

However, after hearing that Ian has alot of history with Hearts and considering their status in the league, then i cant see it at all. Unless Hearts truly slip up and finish 5th or something.

Congrats to him for the Scotland B sqaud though. About time he was recognised. Might even make him think that he can be noticed still playing for ICT.

Please tell me what the history is, I know he played for Tynecastle Boys Club, under his father, was coached by him until he left for Blackburn Rovers, did not go initative because the coaching he had with his father was regarded as the best, having done my home work today his father has just won the scottish cup with his team again, seemingly several times. He is not a hearts supporter, his dad played for them but Blackie and his whole family are Man U season ticket holders and have been for over 10years. So please tell me what the history is.

honestly, dont get my hopes up and tell me Blackie is considering staying an ICT player, id love very little more.

However, after hearing that Ian has alot of history with Hearts and considering their status in the league, then i cant see it at all. Unless Hearts truly slip up and finish 5th or something.

Congrats to him for the Scotland B sqaud though. About time he was recognised. Might even make him think that he can be noticed still playing for ICT.

Please tell me what the history is, I know he played for Tynecastle Boys Club, under his father, was coached by him until he left for Blackburn Rovers, did not go initative because the coaching he had with his father was regarded as the best, having done my home work today his father has just won the scottish cup with his team again, seemingly several times. He is not a hearts supporter, his dad played for them but Blackie and his whole family are Man U season ticket holders and have been for over 10years. So please tell me what the history is.

youve just told me the history, why would i tell you again? i know hes not a hearts supporter, but i knew everything youve just said aswell....that is history.

youve just told me the history, why would i tell you again? i know hes not a hearts supporter, but i knew everything youve just said aswell....that is history.

? no further forward as to the connection.

As pleased as i am for Ian i cant help but think this is a bit of a **** take, ian is essential if we intend to stay up. Playing for Scotland is one thing but Scotland B really isnt a huge achivement, i understand that playing for scotland at any level is great but surely he is good enough for a full cap. I also understand that playing for Scotland B will help his plee for a full cap but with Terry Butcher watching him train everyday, what is he gaining from this?

I'm very pleased for Ian and he deserves his call up. Nobody can doubt his committment to the ICT stuggle against relegation but, that said, there isn't a hope in hell of him playing for us next season.

That would depend on the terms and conditions as set out in the pre-contract agreement he has signed with Hearts.

Have you had sight of that contract?

? no further forward as to the connection.

His family are in the area?

History aside, can we dream of matching the wage he'll get at Tynie?

Might be wrong but are pre-contracts not just a gentlemans agreement and not legally binding?

As pleased as i am for Ian i cant help but think this is a bit of a **** take, ian is essential if we intend to stay up. Playing for Scotland is one thing but Scotland B really isnt a huge achivement, i understand that playing for scotland at any level is great but surely he is good enough for a full cap. I also understand that playing for Scotland B will help his plee for a full cap but with Terry Butcher watching him train everyday, what is he gaining from this?

I think that Gillian is trying to tell you all summat - just read between the lines. A Scotland B cap or even a squad place is the perfect reward fer Blackie and a boost to him and our club - it is the first rung on the ladder - Butcher wathes him train every day and wants to keep him - that is what Butcher wants to gain - Black to stay - have we got the nous to go fer it.

We have been through this before though...Butcher after the Gers game said he doesnt understand why blackie wants to leave, and that his contract aint legally binding anyway.

Blackie was then quick as a flash to deny any reports he will be staying, and that he will definitely be going to Hearts.

I see no hope, although i bet he has thought about the Butcher-Scotland connection.

If moves are afoot behind the scenes to try and persuade him to stay then bravo to all concerned. I dont think they will work, but I can see the logic in what IHE has just said. There is no way we can match what Hearts will offer in terms of size of the club or in wages, but with banks folding all over the place just how stable are Vlad's assets ?

IHE has touched on one other important point I have been thinking about though - and not just in terms of Blackie - and that is that Terry B may prove to be far more of an incentive for players to come here than any previous managers both in terms of his profile in the game and the fact that players in his team have far more opportunity to impress one of the Scotland coaches as they will be watched every single week.

At the end of the day Blackie's future will come down to the player himself. Personally, I will respect whichever decision he makes - even if it is the one he has already publicly declared ! If he goes to Hearts, he will have my thanks as a player who was good for ICT and who played a big part this season in keeping us up (in the same way Dods performed when knowing he was moving on at the end of the season). If he stays - which I think is highly doubtful but would be a superb pressie for us all - he will instantly become an ICT legend (or more of one for those who already give him that status).

We have been through this before though...Butcher after the Gers game said he doesnt understand why blackie wants to leave, and that his contract aint legally binding anyway.

Blackie was then quick as a flash to deny any reports he will be staying, and that he will definitely be going to Hearts.

I see no hope, although i bet he has thought about the Butcher-Scotland connection.

I've no idea who Gillian is but she seems to know a lot about Ian Black. If she says there's a chance, then I'm pretty sure she knows there is one.

I've no idea who Gillian is but she seems to know a lot about Ian Black. If she says there's a chance, then I'm pretty sure she knows there is one.

She seems to talk as if she knows a lot but Black has bought a house in Edinburgh in addition to the contract being agreed and signed. Not taken into account the higher wages, playing in Europe etc etc. There is no way whatsoever that he will stay with us unfortunately.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8034757.stm

"Inverness CT midfielder Ian Black talks to the media after being called up to the Scotland B squad to face Northern Ireland at Broadwood Stadium."

Really good interview until...

Q) "Will it give you a better chance in the future once you move to Tynecastle?"

A) "I wouldn't say that. Inverness are in a bit of a dogfight but it doesn't matter about being at a big club."

"It's all about how you're doing in the league........... and stuff like that!"

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

Good lad! I've questioned his commitment on a few occasions while he's been at ICT and I think he had geniuine 'issues' with Brewster but he has been terrific for Butcher (and us) over the last few games. Even though he hasn't left yet you can tell how much we are going to miss him in the centre of the park..... gutted

btw I don't think there is a chance in 'ell of us keeping him on after this season

Im sure its the Butcher connection that brought him in to the B squad. He said that Terry was the one that told after the St Mirren game.

Apart from that i think he should be in the first squad. I love the guy, he will definitely always be one of my favourite ever caley player.

I have got to get my black away strip signed by him before he goes...also to do with scoring THAT penalty at Ibrox!