FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Managerial Stats

PullMyFinger

I realise these stats are incomplete. Robbo's stint at Derry isn't there for one thing but consider this, he lifted them to mid table away from the relegation zone and had some cup success too. I'm sure there'll be others missing too but I found it interesting.

Terry Butcher

Craig Brewster

Charlie Christie

John Robertson

Steve Paterson

Sergei Baltacha

Not really surprising that Pele's time with us was the most successful of them all, a true ICT legend.

They did not all manage against the same standard of opposition, therefore it's not a level playing field.

Pele does stand out as the main man, but he never managed in the SPL. Who knows, he may have been successful, but I doubt his stats would have looked quite so impressive. We all enjoyed the Pele era, but that is history. It's like mentioning that England won the world cup in 1966.

I wasn't trying to imply it was a level playing field, but now that you've raised it I do think it is a fair comparison of their leadership qualities as the quality of player and wages budget would be comparable to those teams in the same leagues and in certain cases (Oz) more than the competing teams.

Assuming the games are all league games, the stats make interesting reading

Terry Butcher average 1.19 pts per game BUT 1.33 at ICT- 1.24 at Motherwell despite problems!

Craig Brewster average 1.13pts per game BUT 1.24 at ICT (1.38 first time, 1.14 second time)

Charlie Christie average 1.09 pts per game

John Robertson average 1.46 pts per game BUT 1.72 at ICT

Steve Paterson average 1.86 pts per game BUT 1.74 at ICT ( He also averaged 1.2 at Aberdeen)

Sergei Baltacha average (no stats) pts per game

I do realise that JR and SP were in different times but our current manager considering he came in when we were in freefall, seems to be doing OK

As they say....."some people just aren't for turning". Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

Well if you have got the t-shirt, will you be wearing it at the Partick Thistle home game?? :rolleyes:

@DingwallAway - Nah, Bring back Steve Paterson ;)

Assuming the games are all league games, the stats make interesting reading

Terry Butcher average 1.19 pts per game BUT 1.33 at ICT- 1.24 at Motherwell despite problems!

Craig Brewster average 1.13pts per game BUT 1.24 at ICT (1.38 first time, 1.14 second time)

Charlie Christie average 1.09 pts per game

John Robertson average 1.46 pts per game BUT 1.72 at ICT

Steve Paterson average 1.86 pts per game BUT 1.74 at ICT ( He also averaged 1.2 at Aberdeen)

Sergei Baltacha average (no stats) pts per game

I do realise that JR and SP were in different times but our current manager considering he came in when we were in freefall, seems to be doing OK

Butcher has mainly managed against teams from the bottom half of the SPL and SFL sides so I dont think he is doing ok .

In my head, SP was the best, JR was next, followed by CC, and then CB (first time round). I can't really remember SB's team but, I do remember not really enjoying being at Telford Street much when he was in charge. Don't know if that was the football, or because I was10 ish. TB hasn't had enough time but, I still expect a close title fight this season so he will probably end up being quite liked.....

CB second time round hopefully will never have anything to compare with. Hopefully a one off!

Statistics can be turned to mean anything and if the figures taken from soccerbase are those used by absent friend then they are seriously flawed. Charlie was not in charge for 157 games.

Soccerbase has Charlie down as being our current manager. I think they are including all our games from January 2006 (when he took over), up until now, in his stats.

Edited by Yngwie

Alex, being from Culcabock and easily lead, I just accepted the stats given by 5th Stand and put some meat on the bones!

It now appears the stats are all nonsense so that was a waste of time.

On researching Butchers stats, I was however, impressed with the way he turned our fortunes around and not all against bottom 6 teams.

But maybe the stats on here relating to that are nonsense as well and he was rubbish.

Butcher has mainly managed against teams from the bottom half of the SPL and SFL sides so I dont think he is doing ok .

He managed against top half teams aswell, taking a point of Celtic in his first game in charge.

Also the 1-0 win at Ibrox last year, so yeah, that's not good going really. :rotflmao:

He managed against top half teams aswell, taking a point of Celtic in his first game in charge.

Also the 1-0 win at Ibrox last year, so yeah, that's not good going really. :wacko:

Thats why I said " mainly " :rotflmao:

As they say....."some people just aren't for turning". Been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

Well if you have got the t-shirt, will you be wearing it at the Partick Thistle home game?? :rolleyes:

@DingwallAway - Nah, Bring back Steve Paterson :biggrin01:

Did you mean partick away this weekend :rolleyes:

So we're agreed....this thread is pointless!!!

That's nice for you. I thought it was interesting to look at how our different managers have fared over the years, the fact that the data I sourced was incomplete and/or erroneous is obviously misleading but I enjoyed it very much. In fact I think I'll do some in depth research now that you suggested it, thanks CaleyD. :biggrin01:

So we're agreed....this thread is pointless!!!

That's nice for you. I thought it was interesting to look at how our different managers have fared over the years, the fact that the data I sourced was incomplete and/or erroneous is obviously misleading but I enjoyed it very much. In fact I think I'll do some in depth research now that you suggested it, thanks CaleyD. :biggrin01:

Please dont rely on Wiki or Soccerbase for your research. Both are populated with information from people who think they know everything and what they dont know they make up.

Far too early to make comparissons just yet. He is rebuilding the team so let's see what the results are like by the end of December. Then compare his results with other Division 1 managers. I don't like what I'm seeing at the moment of the way he is going about things but I hope I am proved wrong.